The 2K distributed operating system (OS) seeks to modify the way traditional systems interact with application software, to accommodate different service requirements and dynamic changes in rapidly evolving, heterogeneous environments. By maintaining an explicit representation of the dependencies between system and application components, the OS infrastructure can better configure the system (optimizing its performance) and recognize the need for reconfiguration. It can know how to carry out this (re)configuration without compromising system stability, performance, and reliability. High-level 2K systems are built atop a dynamically configurable CORBA ORB named dynamicTAO. 2K Distributed Network Operating Systems Software Computers.
- 2K resolution A generic term for display devices or content having horizontal resolution of approximately 2,000...
- 2000 2000 was designated as...
- 2K Games 2K Games, Inc. is an American video game publisher.
- 2000 (number) A natural number following 1999 and preceding 2001.
- 2K Sports Mixtape Daniel M. Nakamura, better known by the stage name Dan the Automator, is an American hip hop...
- 2K Sports 2K Sports, Inc. is a division of 2K Games that develops and publishes sports video games.
- NBA 2K (video game) A basketball simulation video game developed by Visual Concepts and published by Sega Sports.
- Two kingdoms doctrine A Protestant Christian doctrine that teaches that God is the ruler of the whole world, and that...
- K2 Meanings See related meanings for the word 'K2'.
- Automatic ACCORDS Project www
Automatic Configuration and Monitoring of Component-Based Distributed Systems. Project. From Universities of São Paulo, and of Campinas, Brazil. Part of 2K effort. ACCORDS Project.
- Component-based 2K www
Component-based network-centric OS for the next millennium: distributed, 2K, adaptable, designed for frequent change, from the Systems Software Research Group, and the Multimedia Operating Systems and Networking Group, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. 2K.
- New Cefarix OS www
New project, OS, intended as stable, fast, secure, reliable, easy to use, 32-bit protected mode OS for x86 and later PowerPC systems, open source, many features, graphical user interface (GUI), to replace Microsoft Windows, all versions. Cefarix OS.
- Plans Report: Japan, Korea, China to Break Windows Ties www
Plans for governments and private sector firms of China, Japan, Korea, China to Break Windows Ties, Japan, South Korea, to jointly work together to develop new OS to rival Microsoft Windows to be unveiled later this week, according to 2 Japanese newspaper reports. [InfoWorld] Report: Japan, Korea, China to Break Windows Ties.
- Mobile AgentOS www
Mobile agent system for ubiquitous computing; new way to cope with the wide-area, AgentOS, large-scale ubiquitous computing environment of near future. Allows access to personal and collaborative computing services anywhere, via varied desktop and mobile computing devices. AgentOS.
- Modular AtomsNet www
Modular object-oriented application to index files across networks. AtomsNet. Has plug-in type data retrieval system, webserver, peer-to-peer connections for network-wide information gathering, retrieval; has features of OSs, database management systems, distributed networking. Open Source, GPL. AtomsNet.
- Alexa: 2K Distributed
Alexa Directory Top Sites: 2K Distributed
- DMOZ: 2K Distributed
dmoz.org Directory: 2K Distributed