Amoeba Distributed Network Operating Systems Software Computers.
An amoeba ( /əˈmiːbə/ ; rarely spelled amœba, US English commonly ameba; plural am(o)ebas or am(o)ebae /əˈmiːbiː/ ), often called amoeboid , is a type of cell or organism which has the ability to alter its shape, primarily by extending and retracting pseudopods. (wikipedia)
- Amoeba A type of cell or organism which has the ability to alter its shape, primarily by extending...
- Amoebozoa A major taxonomic group containing about 2,400 described species of amoeboid protists, often...
- Amoeba (genus) A genus of single-celled amoeboids in the family Amoebidae.
- Amoeba defense A defensive strategy in the game of basketball.
- Amoeba (operating system) A distributed operating system developed by Andrew S. Tanenbaum and others at the Vrije...
- Amoeba Music An independent music chain with stores in Berkeley, San Francisco, and Hollywood, Los Angeles...
- Amoeba (band) An experimental music group that fuses the pop and ambient music genres.
- Amoeba (mathematics) A set associated with a polynomial in one or more complex variables.
- Amoeba order The partial order of open subsets of 2? of measure less than 1/2, ordered by reverse inclusion.
- Nelder-Mead method A commonly applied numerical method used to find the minimum or maximum of an objective function...
- Amoeba (film) A Malayalam film, the second directorial of Manoj Kana after his critically acclaimed Chayilyam.
- Powerful Amoeba www
Powerful free, Amoeba, open source, microkernel-based system that turns a collection of workstations or single-board computers into a transparent distributed system. Used in academia, industry, and government for many years. Runs on many platforms. Amoeba.
- Part Bibliography on the Distributed Operating System Amoeba www
Part of the Computer Science Bibliographies: search, the Distributed Operating System Amoeba, browsing, statistics. Bibliography on the Distributed Operating System Amoeba.
- Teachable Topsy www
Teachable Operating System: tiny multithreaded messaging microkernel, Topsy, in ANSI C; protected threads, memory managed, and thread/process control. From undergraduate course on concurrency, device programming, OS concepts. Descriptions, documents, theses, downloads, contacts, links. [Open Source, GPL] Topsy.
- One The MicroEmpix Fan Site www
One user microkernel (nearer an exokernel), MicroEmpix Fan Site, very small, version of Empix Unix-like OS developed at the Computing Systems Laboratory, National Technical University of Athens. The MicroEmpix Fan Site.
- Portable ShagOS www
Portable object-oriented microkernel OS, ShagOS, dynamically loaded device drivers, fully redesigned and rewritten many times in C++, runs on VAX, x86. Ongoing experiment in using O-O paradigm as framework for full OS, with distributed computing as main aspect in most design decisions. ShagOS.
- Object-oriented Apertos www
Object-oriented reflective OS, Apertos, from Sony Computer Science Lab. Apertos.
- Aims MacPorts www
Aims to provide an easy way to install various open-source software products on MacOS X. MacPorts.
- Resource FreeOS.com www
Resource Center for Free Operating Systems: articles, FreeOS.com, documentation, download sites, news, links, and anything related to all Free OSs. FreeOS.com.
- Modular AtomsNet www
Modular object-oriented application to index files across networks. AtomsNet. Has plug-in type data retrieval system, webserver, peer-to-peer connections for network-wide information gathering, retrieval; has features of OSs, database management systems, distributed networking. Open Source, GPL. AtomsNet.
- Global GLUnix www
Global Layer Unix; technology trends in high-speed, GLUnix, low-latency LANs suggest convergence of hardware in Massively Parallel Processors, MPPs, and Networks of Workstations, NOWs. Relative to many MPPs, NOWs offer more cost-effectiveness and scalability, and less hardware and software development time. Soon, the main difference between NOWs and MPPs will be OS software. GLUnix.
- Alexa: Amoeba Distributed
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Amoeba Distributed
- DMOZ: Amoeba Distributed
dmoz.org Directory: Amoeba Distributed