Plan 9 is an operating system (OS) with some new perspectives and features from the original developers of Unix, who worked at AT&T Bell Labs, and then Lucent Technologies. It continues the main Unix ideas and takes them to their logical conclusions. It has been fully open source since the 4th Edition release. Plan 9 Distributed Network Operating Systems Software Computers.
- Breaking Benjamin An American rock band from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, founded in 1999 by lead singer and...
- Plan 9 from Outer Space A 1959 American independent black and white science fiction film, written, produced, directed...
- Plan 9 from Bell Labs A distributed operating system, originating in the Computing Sciences Research Center at Bell...
- Plan 9 (band) An American neo-psychedelic band from Rhode Island formed in 1979.
- Plan 9 from User Space A port of many Plan 9 from Bell Labs libraries and applications to Unix-like operating systems.
- Plan 9 from Bell Labs www
A research operating system for distributed environments developed at Bell Labs by the team that created C and Unix. 9 from Bell Labs.
- Plan 9 from User Space www
A port of many Plan 9 programs from their native Plan 9 environment to Unix-like operating systems. 9 from User Space.
- Essay Upas - A Simpler Approach to Metwork Mail www
Essay on the mail interface system by David L. A Simpler Approach to Metwork Mail. Presotto. Available in PDF and PostScript format. Upas - A Simpler Approach to Metwork Mail.
- Essay Plan 9: The Way the Future Was www
Essay compares Plan 9 to Unix, The Way the Future Was, parts of Plan 9 being implemented in Unix. From Eric S. Raymond's book The Art of Unix Programming. Plan 9: The Way the Future Was.
- A 9vx www
A port of the Plan 9 kernel to run as a user space program using the vx32 sandboxing library in *BSD, 9vx, Linux, and OS X systems. 9vx.
- Technical Reinventing Unix: An Introduction to the Plan 9 Operating System www
Technical paper abstract; link to main article, Unix: An Introduction to the Plan 9 Operating System, fee needed. Library Hi Tech; Emerald Group. Reinventing Unix: An Introduction to the Plan 9 Operating System.
- An C Programming in Plan 9 from Bell Labs www
An introduction to writing C programs in the Plan 9 environment by Pietro Gagliardi. C Programming in Plan 9 from Bell Labs.
- First IWP9 2006 www
First International Workshop for Plan 9 and Inferno. IWP9 2006.
- The Bell Labs Innovations: Bell Labs Unveils Open Source Release of Plan 9 Operating System www
The official press release. Bell Labs Innovations: Bell Labs Unveils Open Source Release of Plan 9 Operating System.
- A LP49 www
A modularized federated OS based on L4 micro kernel and Plan9 from Bell Labs. LP49.
- Wikipedia Plan 9 from Bell Labs www
Wikipedia article about Plan 9. Plan 9 from Bell Labs.
- Documentation, Plan 9 at the Advanced Computing Laboratory www
Documentation, at the Advanced Computing Laboratory, tips, various software packages including ports of Unix software, and extra drivers for 3rd Edition. Plan 9 at the Advanced Computing Laboratory.
- News, NineTimes www
News, NineTimes, tips and articles about Plan 9 and Inferno. NineTimes.
- News Geeks404.com: Plan 9 from Bell www
News coverage of the Open Source release of the third edition of Plan 9. Geeks404.com: Plan 9 from Bell.
- A Second International Workshop on Plan 9 www
A workshop for researchers and developers working on Plan 9 from Bell Labs, International Workshop on Plan 9, Inferno, and related ideas and projects. Second International Workshop on Plan 9.
- General Plan 9 2nd Edition ReadMe by Brian W. Kernighan www
General introduction to the system. Plan 9 2nd Edition ReadMe by Brian W. Kernighan.
- A plan9front www
A (friendly) fork of the Plan 9 operating system, plan9front, including many new contributions and packages. plan9front.
- X The 9term Terminal Emulator www
X terminal emulator that mimics the Plan 9 terminal. The 9term Terminal Emulator.
- News, Plan 9 and Inferno at the Google Summer of Code www
News, and Inferno at the Google Summer of Code, blogs, source code repositories and other resources for the Plan 9 and Inferno projects part of GSoC. Plan 9 and Inferno at the Google Summer of Code.
- Information International Workshops for Plan 9 and Inferno Unofficial Homepage www
Information about the Plan 9 and Inferno workshops, Workshops for Plan 9 and Inferno Unofficial Homepage, including proceedings, video and audio recordings, and other resources. International Workshops for Plan 9 and Inferno Unofficial Homepage.
- Index Contrib Index www
Index of software packages part of the 'Contrib' directory in the Bell Labs Sources repository. Contrib Index.
- Past Previous IOCCC Winners www
Past winners of The International Obfuscated C Code contest Previous IOCCC Winners.
- Including ANSI C Yacc grammar www
Including Lex tokenizer. ANSI C Yacc grammar.
- Growing Hybrid Kernel www
Growing article, Kernel, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. Hybrid Kernel.
- Source Lucent Spinoff Vita Nuova Releases Inferno OS Source www
Source code made available under liberal, Spinoff Vita Nuova Releases Inferno OS Source, low cost subscription plan. LinuxDevices.com. Lucent Spinoff Vita Nuova Releases Inferno OS Source.
- Papers, Inferno Documentation archive www
Papers, Documentation archive, articles, manuals and other documentation about Inferno and Limbo. Inferno Documentation archive.
- By An Interview with Brian Kernighan www
By Mihai Budiu when he was a research intern at Ball Labs. Interview with Brian Kernighan. Originally published in PC Report Romania, now translated into English. An Interview with Brian Kernighan.
- His Brian W. Kernighan www
His Bell Labs, Kernighan, Lucent Technologies page. Co-inventor of C programming language, with Dennis Ritchie, and one of the foreground figures in ancient Unix history. Brian W. Kernighan.
- Aims MacPorts www
Aims to provide an easy way to install various open-source software products on MacOS X. MacPorts.
- New Cefarix OS www
New project, OS, intended as stable, fast, secure, reliable, easy to use, 32-bit protected mode OS for x86 and later PowerPC systems, open source, many features, graphical user interface (GUI), to replace Microsoft Windows, all versions. Cefarix OS.
- Object-based x-kernel www
Object-based framework to implement network protocols; defines an interface that protocols use to invoke operations on one another (i. x-kernel.e., to send messages to and receive messages from adjacent protocols) and a set of libraries to manipulate messages, participant addresses, events, associative memory tables (maps), threads. x-kernel.
- Modular AtomsNet www
Modular object-oriented application to index files across networks. AtomsNet. Has plug-in type data retrieval system, webserver, peer-to-peer connections for network-wide information gathering, retrieval; has features of OSs, database management systems, distributed networking. Open Source, GPL. AtomsNet.
- Allows YouOS www
- Research The V Distributed System www
Research OS for a cluster of computer workstations connected by fast network; structured as a small distributed kernel, Distributed System, and set of service modules, runtime libraries, and commands. Stanford University. The V Distributed System.
- Alexa: Plan 9 Distributed
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Plan 9 Distributed
- DMOZ: Plan 9 Distributed
dmoz.org Directory: Plan 9 Distributed