Component-based, event-driven operating environment-framework with network stack. Starts at a few hundred bytes for the scheduler and grows to complete, network applications in a few kilobytes. Designed for resource constrained environments (minimal hardware) where data and control must move quickly between varied sensors, actuators, and a network, for use with embedded networked sensors, to support concurrency intense operations needed by sensor networks. Website has documents, publications, slide shows, downloads. Open Source, BSD license. TinyOS Network Operating Systems Software Computers.
TinyOS is an embedded, component-based operating system and platform for low-power wireless devices, such as those used in wireless sensor networks (WSNs), smartdust, ubiquitous computing, personal area networks, building automation, and smart meters. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: TinyOS is an embedded, component-based operating system and platform for low-power wireless devices, such as those used in wireless sensor networks, smartdust, ubiquitous computing, personal area networks, building automation, and smart meters. It is written in the programming language nesC, as a set of cooperating tasks and processes. It began as a collaboration between the University of California, Berkeley, Intel Research, and Crossbow Technology, was released as free and open-source software under a BSD license, and has since grown into an international consortium, the TinyOS Alliance.
- Embedded operating systems
- Software using the BSD license
- TinyOS www
Event-based operating environment/framework designed for use with embedded networked sensors, TinyOS, to support concurrency intense operations needed by sensor networks, with minimal hardware requirements. Documents, news, publications, slide shows, forum, downloads. [Open Source, BSD]
- Project SourceForge: TinyOS www
Project summary, TinyOS, downloads, administrator contacts. Because size DOES matter. SourceForge: TinyOS.
- Brief System Architecture Directions for Networked Sensors www
Brief technical description with a useful photograph and diagram. System Architecture Directions for Networked Sensors.
- Growing TinyOS www
Growing article, TinyOS, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. TinyOS.
- Leader David Culler's Page www
Leader in worldwide TinyOS community, Culler's Page, Professor, University of California, Berkeley, teaches wireless embedded networking, deeply embedded network systems; also works at Arch Rock Corp. David Culler's Page.
- Article Get Out the Mote www
Article describes basics of sensor motes and TinyOS simply. Out the Mote. PC Magazine. Get Out the Mote.
- Systems Arch Rock Corp. www
Systems and software firm; builds innovative products and technology for wireless sensor network, Rock Corp., to bridge the physical and digital worlds. San Francisco, California, USA. Arch Rock Corp..
- Graduate Large Scale Deeply Embedded Networks www
Graduate seminar on dense collections of smart sensors, Scale Deeply Embedded Networks, processors, and actuators, networked to form self-configuring teams. Provides basis for new computing paradigm that challenges many classical approaches to distributed systems. Large Scale Deeply Embedded Networks.
- Makes Maxfor Technology, Inc. www
Makes sensor network parts: processor radio platforms, Technology, Inc., interface and sensor boards. Seongnam-City, Gyeonggi-Do, Korea. Maxfor Technology, Inc..
- Berkeley Berkeley WEbS: Wireless Embedded Systems www
Berkeley resources for DARPA Project: Secure Language-Based Adaptive Platform for Network Embedded Systems. Berkeley WEbS: Wireless Embedded Systems.
- Makes Crossbow Technology, Inc. www
Makes scalable product set of: hardware and software development platforms, Technology, Inc., full product designs, production and professional services, to help OEMs and system integrators bring end-to-end wireless sensor network systems to market fast. San Jose, California, USA. Crossbow Technology, Inc..
- Software TinyECC: Elliptic Curve Cryptography on TinyOS www
Software package, Elliptic Curve Cryptography on TinyOS, supports all elliptic curve operations over Fp (point addition/doubling, scalar point multiplication); ECDSA operations over Fp (signature generation, verification). To add other ECC schemes (e.g., ECDH, ECAES) in future. TinyECC: Elliptic Curve Cryptography on TinyOS.
- Minimal Sanos www
Minimal OS kernel for PC based server appliances. Sanos. Lets you run java server applications without need to install host OS, only need normal Java HotSpot VM and Sanos. Description, documents, downloads, manifesto, links, contact. [Open Source, BSD] Sanos.
- Tiny leJOS www
Tiny Java OS for Lego RCX brick. leJOS. Like its predecessor TinyVM, has tiny Java runtime, under 32K; works as replacement firmware for Lego; Hitachi H8300 processor. To be ported to more small devices. [Open Source, Mozilla] leJOS.
- Resource FreeOS.com www
Resource Center for Free Operating Systems: articles, FreeOS.com, documentation, download sites, news, links, and anything related to all Free OSs. FreeOS.com.
- Several WebRing: Free Operating Systems www
Several sites offering free OSs. WebRing: Free Operating Systems.
- A The Mobius: SourceForge www
A few screenshots, Mobius: SourceForge, details, links. The Mobius: SourceForge.
- Runs XAOS www
Runs on i386+, XAOS, 16-bit real mode, FAT12/16/32 (read-only, LFN support), coded in C++; downloads: binaries, source, utilities, game (tetris source); downloads. [Open Source] XAOS.
- University Network Research Group www
University of California, Research Group, Irvine. Network Research Group.
- Second KA9Q NOS TCP/IP Package www
KA9Q NOS TCP/IP Package.
- Alexa: TinyOS Network
Alexa Directory Top Sites: TinyOS Network
- DMOZ: TinyOS Network
dmoz.org Directory: TinyOS Network