This section contains resources related to the OS-2 and eComStation operating systems. OS-2 Operating Systems Software Computers.
- Wikipedia: OS/2 is a series of computer operating systems, initially created by Microsoft and IBM under the leadership of IBM software designer Ed Iacobucci, who later went on to found Citrix Systems, DayJet and VirtualWorks. As a result of a feud between the two companies over how to position OS/2 relative to Microsoft's new Windows 3.1 operating environment, the two companies severed the relationship in 1992 and OS/2 development fell to IBM exclusively. The name stands for "Operating System/2", because it was introduced as part of the same generation change release as IBM's "Personal System/2" line of second-generation personal computers. The first version of OS/2 was released in December 1987 and newer versions were released until December 2001.
- History of the graphical user interface
- Team OS/2 - Team OS/2 was an advocacy group formed to promote IBM's OS/2 operating system.
- Legacy systems
- Star Trek fandom
- IBM operating systems
- X86 operating systems
- Discontinued operating systems
- eComStation www
An operating system which runs OS/2 applications. eComStation. Includes support pages, user and developer communities, and a list of retailers offering the system.
- Support eComStation.Ru www
Support of eComStation in Russia. eComStation.Ru. News, articles, forums and polls about eComStation and OS/2. eComStation.Ru.
- Distributor Finnegan Software, Inc. www
Distributor of eComStation OS and applications in Canada. Finnegan Software, Inc..
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: OS/2 www
- List Alex Chapman's OS/2 Home Page www
Alex Chapman's OS/2 Home Page.
- Project osFree project www
Project to develop a free open-source (FOSS) analog of OS/2. osFree project.
- Links Russ Harvey Consulting www
Links for OS/2 and eComStation categorized as hardware, Harvey Consulting, software, and help links. Includes archived resources for older OS/2 versions. Russ Harvey Consulting.
- AJAX-based OS/2 Warp 3.0 Simulator www
AJAX-based application that simulates Presentation Manager and WPS. OS/2 Warp 3.0 Simulator.
- A OS/2 Site www
A site containing OS/2 files and information. Site. Includes information about updating Warp 4 to the latest levels. OS/2 Site.
- Software GlassMan Software www
Software for OS/2: set of utilities to burn CD and DVD disks DVD/CD Toys, Software, Keyboard Layer, character map CharMap/2, digital audio player PM123. GlassMan Software.
- Arranged OS/2 Hardware Compatibility www
Arranged list of hardware compatible with OS/2, Hardware Compatibility, as of December, 2000. OS/2 Hardware Compatibility.
- Description OS/2 Warp, PowerPC Edition www
Description of this never-released version of OS/2 by Michal Necasek. Warp, PowerPC Edition. Includes user impressions and screenshots. OS/2 Warp, PowerPC Edition.
- Home Project Odin www
Home of the project that has the goal to allow an end user to run Win95/98/NT programs on OS/2, Odin, without the need to modify or recompile the source code. Instructions, tools and latest builds can be downloaded. Project Odin.
- Blog The OS/2 Museum www
The OS/2 Museum.
- News @Macarlo, Incorporated www
News and evaluations about software and hardware for OS/2, Incorporated, UNIX, Windows NT and Mac OS. @Macarlo, Incorporated.
- Homepage HAM/2 - Amateur Radio with OS/2 and eComStation www
HAM/2 - Amateur Radio with OS/2 and eComStation.
- Software Update CD homepage www
Software to update your licensed OS/2 install media with current fixpaks. Update CD homepage.
- Peer-to-peer Tek-Tips: IBM OS/2 Forum www
Tek-Tips: IBM OS/2 Forum.
- Software Alex Taylor: OS/2 Pages www
Alex Taylor: OS/2 Pages.
- Reseller Warpspeed Computers www
Reseller of OS/2 software. Computers. Complete set of OS/2 Developers' Toolkit reference manuals online. Warpspeed Computers.
- News, OS2.org www
News, OS2.org, links, and tips. OS2.org.
- Annual Warpstock Event www
Annual conference which provides education, Event, information and social opportunities to the entire OS/2 community. Warpstock 2012 will be held Thursday through Sunday, August 17 – 19 at the Embassy Suites Airport in Portland, Oregon Warpstock Event.
- Advocating Yahoo! Groups warpedusers www
Advocating OS/2 in all its forms. Yahoo! Groups warpedusers.
- Surprisingly The GUI Gallery www
Surprisingly large and thorough Graphical User Interface list, GUI Gallery, with timeline, screenshots, downloads, links. Very useful resource for students of computer interfaces. The GUI Gallery.
- Lightweight Xfce www
Lightweight desktop environment for various Unix systems, Xfce, easy to use and configure, Xfce is based on GTK+. Description, downloads, screenshots, links, credits. [Open Source, GPL] Xfce.
- IBM IBM Software: Application Development www
IBM VisualAge delivers innovative and open solutions to professional programmers to rapidly exploit network middleware while developing, Software: Application Development, extending and managing scalable business and web applications. IBM Software: Application Development.
- A WinDriver OS/2 - Learn the easy way to develop OS2 drivers www
WinDriver OS/2 - Learn the easy way to develop OS2 drivers.
- IBM IBM Redbooks www
IBM redbook collection for OS/2. IBM Redbooks.
- Instructions Setting Up OS/2 Peer-to-Peer Networking www
Setting Up OS/2 Peer-to-Peer Networking.
- Met HCC eComStation Gebruikersgroep www
Met de agenda, eComStation Gebruikersgroep, nieuws, links en een discussiegroep. HCC eComStation Gebruikersgroep.
- De eComStation www
De opvolger van OS/2 Warp 4. eComStation. Algemene informatie, veelgestelde vragen en de mogelijkheid te bestellen. eComStation.
- United GUIDE SHARE Europe (GSE) UK Region www
United Kingdom region of GUIDE SHARE Europe, SHARE Europe (GSE) UK Region, a merger of SHARE and GUIDE operations in the UK. GUIDE SHARE Europe (GSE) UK Region.
- Encylopedia Wikipedia: IBM www
Encylopedia article, IBM, including history and details of corporate culture. Wikipedia: IBM.
- Statistics Internet Operating System Counter www
Statistics on Internet OS use, Operating System Counter, WWW, FTP, and News servers. Over 940,000 hosts checked in this 1999 survey. Internet Operating System Counter.
- The Convergence International www
The non-Wintel user group, International, supporting Acorn, Amiga, Apple, ARM, Be, NCs, PowerPC, Psion, Unix and other alternative operating systems. Services include a non-Wintel news summary. Convergence International.
- Alexa: OS-2 Operating Systems
Alexa Directory Top Sites: OS-2 Operating Systems
- DMOZ: OS-2 Operating Systems
dmoz.org Directory: OS-2 Operating Systems