This section contains resources related to the OS-2 and eComStation operating systems. OS-2 Operating Systems Software Computers.
- Wikipedia: OS/2 is a series of computer operating systems, initially created by Microsoft and IBM under the leadership of IBM software designer Ed Iacobucci. As a result of a feud between the two companies over how to position OS/2 relative to Microsoft's new Windows 3.1 operating environment, the two companies severed the relationship in 1992 and OS/2 development fell to IBM exclusively. The name stands for "Operating System/2", because it was introduced as part of the same generation change release as IBM's "Personal System/2" line of second-generation personal computers. The first version of OS/2 was released in December 1987 and newer versions were released until December 2001.
- History of the graphical user interface
- Team OS/2 - Team OS/2 was an advocacy group formed to promote IBM's OS/2 operating system.
- Legacy systems
- Star Trek fandom
- IBM operating systems
- X86 operating systems
- Discontinued operating systems
- eComStation www
An operating system which runs OS/2 applications. eComStation. Includes support pages, user and developer communities, and a list of retailers offering the system.
- Home Project Odin www
Home of the project that has the goal to allow an end user to run Win95/98/NT programs on OS/2, Odin, without the need to modify or recompile the source code. Instructions, tools and latest builds can be downloaded. Project Odin.
- Project osFree project www
Project to develop a free open-source (FOSS) analog of OS/2. osFree project.
- Blog The OS/2 Museum www
The OS/2 Museum.
- Reseller Warpspeed Computers www
Reseller of OS/2 software. Computers. Complete set of OS/2 Developers' Toolkit reference manuals online. Warpspeed Computers.
- Peer-to-peer Tek-Tips: IBM OS/2 Forum www
Tek-Tips: IBM OS/2 Forum.
- A OS/2 Site www
A site containing OS/2 files and information. Site. Includes information about updating Warp 4 to the latest levels. OS/2 Site.
- List Alex Chapman's OS/2 Home Page www
Alex Chapman's OS/2 Home Page.
- Description OS/2 Warp, PowerPC Edition www
Description of this never-released version of OS/2 by Michal Necasek. Warp, PowerPC Edition. Includes user impressions and screenshots. OS/2 Warp, PowerPC Edition.
- Links Russ Harvey Consulting www
Links for OS/2 and eComStation categorized as hardware, Harvey Consulting, software, and help links. Includes archived resources for older OS/2 versions. Russ Harvey Consulting.
- Software Alex Taylor: OS/2 Pages www
Alex Taylor: OS/2 Pages.
- News, OS2.org www
News, OS2.org, links, and tips. OS2.org.
- Software GlassMan Software www
Software for OS/2: set of utilities to burn CD and DVD disks DVD/CD Toys, Software, Keyboard Layer, character map CharMap/2, digital audio player PM123. GlassMan Software.
- News @Macarlo, Incorporated www
News and evaluations about software and hardware for OS/2, Incorporated, UNIX, Windows NT and Mac OS. @Macarlo, Incorporated.
- Distributor Finnegan Software, Inc. www
Distributor of eComStation OS and applications in Canada. Finnegan Software, Inc..
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: OS/2 www
- AJAX-based OS/2 Warp 3.0 Simulator www
AJAX-based application that simulates Presentation Manager and WPS. OS/2 Warp 3.0 Simulator.
- Homepage HAM/2 - Amateur Radio with OS/2 and eComStation www
HAM/2 - Amateur Radio with OS/2 and eComStation.
- Arranged OS/2 Hardware Compatibility www
Arranged list of hardware compatible with OS/2, Hardware Compatibility, as of December, 2000. OS/2 Hardware Compatibility.
- Software Update CD homepage www
Software to update your licensed OS/2 install media with current fixpaks. Update CD homepage.
- Support eComStation.Ru www
Support of eComStation in Russia. eComStation.Ru. News, articles, forums and polls about eComStation and OS/2. eComStation.Ru.
- Annual Warpstock Europe Event www
Annual conference which provides education, Europe Event, information and social opportunities to the entire OS/2 community. The European counterpart of the Warpstock America event. Warpstock Europe Event.
- Advocating Yahoo! Groups warpedusers www
Advocating OS/2 in all its forms. Yahoo! Groups warpedusers.
- Provides Alternative Linux Desktop Environment www
Provides C++/Java application framework. Alternative Linux Desktop Environment.
- Surprisingly The GUI Gallery www
Surprisingly large and thorough Graphical User Interface list, GUI Gallery, with timeline, screenshots, downloads, links. Very useful resource for students of computer interfaces. The GUI Gallery.
- Presentation Programming Python on OS/2 www
Programming Python on OS/2.
- EMX EMX for OS/2 www
EMX for OS/2.
- Blog eComStation 2 - installation www
Blog entry documenting the installation of eComStation version 2 under VirtualBox. eComStation 2 - installation.
- Instructions Setting Up OS/2 Peer-to-Peer Networking www
Setting Up OS/2 Peer-to-Peer Networking.
- De eComStation www
De opvolger van OS/2 Warp 4. eComStation. Algemene informatie, veelgestelde vragen en de mogelijkheid te bestellen. eComStation.
- Met HCC eComStation Gebruikersgroep www
Met de agenda, eComStation Gebruikersgroep, nieuws, links en een discussiegroep. HCC eComStation Gebruikersgroep.
- Encylopedia Wikipedia: IBM www
Encylopedia article, IBM, including history and details of corporate culture. Wikipedia: IBM.
- The GUIDE SHARE Europe: GSE www
The merger of the European portion of the IBM user groups GUIDE and SHARE. GUIDE SHARE Europe: GSE.
- Statistics Internet Operating System Counter www
Statistics on Internet OS use, Operating System Counter, WWW, FTP, and News servers. Over 940,000 hosts checked in this 1999 survey. Internet Operating System Counter.
- Unbiased How Stuff Works: Operating Systems www
Unbiased enlightening tutorial with impartial description of how OSs work, Stuff Works: Operating Systems, and many related links. How Stuff Works: Operating Systems.
- Alexa: OS-2 Operating Systems
Alexa Directory Top Sites: OS-2 Operating Systems
- DMOZ: OS-2 Operating Systems
dmoz.org Directory: OS-2 Operating Systems