GEOS stands for Graphical Environment Operating System, a compact, efficient, fast, stable OS available for several platforms: Brother GeoBook, Commodore 64-128, Intel PCs, Nokia Communicator. NewDeal GEOS and all NewDeal GEOS software (applications) are written in assembly language, using an object-oriented component architecture. Third party GEOS software can be written in other languages, which may not be object-oriented. GEOS Object-Oriented Operating Systems Software Computers.
- GEOS (16-bit operating system) A computer operating environment, graphical user interface, and suite of application software.
- GEOS (8-bit operating system) A discontinued operating system from Berkeley Softworks.
- GEOS (securities processing software) An integrated online system for the management and processing of securities, with a strong focus...
- GEOS (eikaiwa) GEOS was one of the Big Four private eikaiwa, or English conversation teaching companies, in Japan.
- This Geos-Talk E-list Page www
This web page has the information for all Geos/NewDeal User's Worldwide, E-list Page, who are interested in joining the Geos-Talk E-Mail List. Discussions about all GEOS related issues, such as NewDeal Office, GlobalPC, OmniGo or Nokia Communicator are welcome. Geos-Talk E-list Page.
- Home GEOS/NewDeal WebRing www
Home page for the GEOS WebRing. WebRing. This WebRing is for all GEOS related web sites. The Ringmaster is Byron Collins. GEOS/NewDeal WebRing.
- Adam Interview With Adam de Boor www
Adam de Boor is ex-CTO of GeoWorks and one of the original designers and programmers of PC/GEOS Interview With Adam de Boor.
- Long GEOS: The Graphical Environment Operating System www
Long article, The Graphical Environment Operating System, explores history and technical issues, with forum comments. OSNews. GEOS: The Graphical Environment Operating System.
- A RealDOS www
A barebones DOS alternative. RealDOS.
- In Unofficial PTS-DOS FAQ www
In English and German languages; with wiki, PTS-DOS FAQ, downloads, links. Unofficial PTS-DOS FAQ.
- IZL Byron's Emporium www
IZL programs (partly with sourcecode), Emporium, eBooks in BookReader format and links. Byron's Emporium.
- IRC MeetingRoom www
IRC Chat program for desktop and GeoBook. MeetingRoom. Works only with the Breadbox IRC server. MeetingRoom.
- Announcement Yahoo Groups: gem-announce www
Announcement list for GEM and the FreeGEM project. Yahoo Groups: gem-announce.
- Graphical Intel GEM www
Graphical environment for IBM PC and Atari ST. GEM. PC GEM was a fairly widely used GUI until the release of Windows 3.0. Now licensed under the GPL. Intel GEM.
- One Breadbox Computer www
One of the few 3rd party developers for GEOS. Computer. Commercial programs and trial versions are available for GeoWorks Ensemble, NewDeal Office, Nokia N9000 Cunicator, Brother GeoBook and other GEOS based devices. Breadbox Computer.
- Research Choices Object-Oriented Operating System www
Research OS coded in C++, Object-Oriented Operating System, architecture organized as frameworks of objects hierarchically classed by function, performance; customized by replacing subframeworks, objects; application interface is kernel objects exported via application/kernel protection layer; kernel and application objects examined via application browsers; runs on bare hardware on distributed and parallel computers. Virtual Choices (VChoices) also runs under Unix System V. Choices Object-Oriented Operating System.
- Multiprocessor Renaissance www
Multiprocessor OO OS purely designed and implemented in object-oriented techniques, Renaissance, to give application programs transparent access to system and remote objects distributed in a network of machines. OO programming is an ideal approach for building distributed systems. Runs on Sun SPARC, Encore Multimax multiprocessor. Renaissance.
- Alexa: GEOS Object-Oriented
Alexa Directory Top Sites: GEOS Object-Oriented
- DMOZ: GEOS Object-Oriented
dmoz.org Directory: GEOS Object-Oriented