This section holds links on operating systems (OSs) based on the programming language Java. Java is an object-oriented (OO) language, mostly, except for classes and primitives. All Java OSs make some sort of claim(s) to use the OO aspects of Java. Since Java is an OO language, all OSs based on it are OO, to greater or lesser amounts. Java Object-Oriented Operating Systems Software Computers.
Java ( Indonesian: Jawa ; Javanese: ꦗꦮ ; Sundanese: ᮏᮝ ) is an island of Indonesia. (wikipedia)
- Java An island of Indonesia. At about, the island is comparable in size to England, the U.S. State...
- Java (programming language) A general-purpose computer-programming language that is concurrent, class-based, object-oriented...
- Java (software platform) A set of computer software and specifications developed by Sun Microsystems, which was later...
- Java (band) A French rap group, formed in 2000 as a cooperation between Erwan Seguillon and Fran ois-Xavier...
- Java, Alabama An unincorporated community in Coffee County, Alabama, United States.
- Java-eiland A neighbourhood of Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Avian Java A British high-wing, single-place, advanced sports hang glider, designed by Steve Elkins and Neil...
- Java (cigarette) A brand of Russian cigarettes.
- Makes JX Ltd. www
Makes JX OS: set of Java components executes on core doing system initialization, Ltd., CPU context switching, low-level domain management; code organized as components loaded into domains, verified, translated to native code; protection based on type safety of intermediate (byte)code. Open Source. JX Ltd..
- Goals: JNode www
Goals: all Java OS, JNode, flat memory model, for personal use, simple to use and install, any Java applications to run on it fast and safe. Descriptions, documents, screenshots, downloads. Open Source, LGPL. JNode.
- Summary Inside the IBM JavaOS Project www
Summary of IBM strategy, the IBM JavaOS Project, target market, progress. itmWEB. Inside the IBM JavaOS Project.
- Growing JavaOS www
Growing article, JavaOS, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. JavaOS.
- Tool RCOSjava www
Tool designed to teach inner workings of operating systems: simple animated simulated OS and hardware coded in Java. RCOSjava. RCOS successor. RCOSjava.
- Growing JNode www
Growing article, JNode, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. JNode.
- Tiny leJOS www
Tiny Java OS for Lego RCX brick. leJOS. Like its predecessor TinyVM, has tiny Java runtime, under 32K; works as replacement firmware for Lego; Hitachi H8300 processor. To be ported to more small devices. [Open Source, Mozilla] leJOS.
- Collaborative JOS: Java Operating System www
Collaborative undertaking by an international group of Java programmers and enthusiasts to create free Java OS. Java Operating System. [Open Source] JOS: Java Operating System.
- Minimal Sanos www
Minimal OS kernel for PC based server appliances. Sanos. Lets you run java server applications without need to install host OS, only need normal Java HotSpot VM and Sanos. Description, documents, downloads, manifesto, links, contact. [Open Source, BSD] Sanos.
- Ruby-like merd www
Ruby-like expressiveness + static type checks, merd, like Haskell. [Open Source, GPL] merd.
- Makes VIRT Laboratory www
Makes paxScript: general purpose, Laboratory, imperative, object-oriented language, with new technology of dynamic data structure processing; lets one process dynamic data structures (lists, trees, more) effectively with no pointers. Ensures laconic and uniform notation allows hiding memory allocation/deallocation mechanisms. VIRT Laboratory.
- JIT shuJIT www
JIT plugin for the Sun JVM, shuJIT, for Linux and FreeBSD on x86 processors. Includes support for a transparent distributed object system, MetaVM. [Open Source, GPL] shuJIT.
- Open Open Runtime Platform www
Open source research infrastructure for dynamic compiling and memory management; supports programs compiled to bytecode and linked with GNU Classpath libraries. Runtime Platform. [SourceForge, Open Source, Intel] Open Runtime Platform.
- Fast, BRiX: SourceForge www
Fast, SourceForge, single privilege, single address space, preemptive multithreaded, persistent, data-centric, secure, multiuser OS, with safe language, reconfigurable graphical interface. BRiX: SourceForge.
- The Crush/BRiX: An Experimental Language/OS Pair www
Crush/BRiX: An Experimental Language/OS Pair.
- Tutorial Objective-C Beginner's Guide www
Tutorial in text and code samples. Beginner's Guide. English, Chinese. Objective-C Beginner's Guide.
- A GNUStepWeb www
A library which was designed to be compatible with WebObjects 4. GNUStepWeb.x. [Open source, LGPL] GNUStepWeb.
- Briefly Webopedia: Smalltalk www
Briefly defines term, Smalltalk, lists several good links for more information. Webopedia: Smalltalk.
- Nearly Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd. www
Nearly 500 pages of Smalltalk: experience, Smalltalk Consulting Ltd., real world experiences, stories, OOPLSA trip reports, information on Smalltalk garbage collection theory, directory for consultants. Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd..
- Mach MK++ www
Mach compatible microkernel; gives one code base able to support high assurance, MK++, scalability, realtime, distribution, SMP, fault handling, performance; all built in an object-oriented B3 evaluable fashion. MK++.
- Goal: Maruti www
Goal: create an environment for developing and deploying critical applications with hard real-time constraints in a reactive environment. Maruti. Such applications must be able to execute on a platform of distributed and heterogeneous resources, and operate continuously in the presence of faults. Maruti.
- Alexa: Java Object-Oriented
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Java Object-Oriented
- DMOZ: Java Object-Oriented
dmoz.org Directory: Java Object-Oriented