This section holds links on operating systems (OSs) based on the programming language Java. Java is an object-oriented (OO) language, mostly, except for classes and primitives. All Java OSs make some sort of claim(s) to use the OO aspects of Java. Since Java is an OO language, all OSs based on it are OO, to greater or lesser amounts. Java Object-Oriented Operating Systems Software Computers.
Java ( Indonesian: Jawa ; Javanese: ꦗꦮ ; Sundanese: ᮏᮝ ) is an island of Indonesia. (wikipedia)
- Java An island of Indonesia. At about 139,000 km2, the island is comparable in size to England or...
- Java (programming language) A general-purpose computer programming language that is concurrent, class-based, object-oriented...
- Java, Alabama An unincorporated community in Coffee County, Alabama, United States.
- Java-eiland A neighbourhood of Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Java Man Java Man is early human fossils discovered on the island of Java in 1891 and 1892.
- Avian Java A British high-wing, single-place, advanced sports hang glider, designed by Steve Elkins and Neil...
- Java (band) A French rap group, formed in 2000 as a cooperation between Erwan Seguillon and Fran ois-Xavier...
- Java (comics) A fictional DC Comics supervillain.
- Java coffee A variety of coffee grown on the island of Java.
- Tool RCOSjava www
Tool designed to teach inner workings of operating systems: simple animated simulated OS and hardware coded in Java. RCOSjava. RCOS successor. RCOSjava.
- Summary Inside the IBM JavaOS Project www
Summary of IBM strategy, the IBM JavaOS Project, target market, progress. itmWEB. Inside the IBM JavaOS Project.
- Minimal Sanos www
Minimal OS kernel for PC based server appliances. Sanos. Lets you run java server applications without need to install host OS, only need normal Java HotSpot VM and Sanos. Description, documents, downloads, manifesto, links, contact. [Open Source, BSD] Sanos.
- Goals: JNode www
Goals: all Java OS, JNode, flat memory model, for personal use, simple to use and install, any Java applications to run on it fast and safe. Descriptions, documents, screenshots, downloads. Open Source, LGPL. JNode.
- Growing JNode www
Growing article, JNode, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. JNode.
- Tiny leJOS www
Tiny Java OS for Lego RCX brick. leJOS. Like its predecessor TinyVM, has tiny Java runtime, under 32K; works as replacement firmware for Lego; Hitachi H8300 processor. To be ported to more small devices. [Open Source, Mozilla] leJOS.
- Makes JX Ltd. www
Makes JX OS: set of Java components executes on core doing system initialization, Ltd., CPU context switching, low-level domain management; code organized as components loaded into domains, verified, translated to native code; protection based on type safety of intermediate (byte)code. Open Source. JX Ltd..
- Growing JavaOS www
Growing article, JavaOS, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. JavaOS.
- Collaborative JOS: Java Operating System www
Collaborative undertaking by an international group of Java programmers and enthusiasts to create free Java OS. Java Operating System. [Open Source] JOS: Java Operating System.
- Makes VIRT Laboratory www
Makes paxScript: general purpose, Laboratory, imperative, object-oriented language, with new technology of dynamic data structure processing; lets one process dynamic data structures (lists, trees, more) effectively with no pointers. Ensures laconic and uniform notation allows hiding memory allocation/deallocation mechanisms. VIRT Laboratory.
- Ruby-like merd www
Ruby-like expressiveness + static type checks, merd, like Haskell. [Open Source, GPL] merd.
- Java teaseme www
Java virtual machine (VM) that runs in Linux kernel, teaseme, Linux kernel module JVM, based on JOS and kissme projects. [Open Source, GPL] teaseme.
- Java Kaffe JVM www
Java Virtual Machine. JVM. Works on many platforms and includes Just-In-Time (JIT) support for most of them. PersonalJava 1.1 compliant (but does not fully support the Java 2 Platform). [Open Source, GPL] Kaffe JVM.
- Research Choices Object-Oriented Operating System www
Research OS coded in C++, Object-Oriented Operating System, architecture organized as frameworks of objects hierarchically classed by function, performance; customized by replacing subframeworks, objects; application interface is kernel objects exported via application/kernel protection layer; kernel and application objects examined via application browsers; runs on bare hardware on distributed and parallel computers. Virtual Choices (VChoices) also runs under Unix System V. Choices Object-Oriented Operating System.
- The Crush/BRiX: An Experimental Language/OS Pair www
Crush/BRiX: An Experimental Language/OS Pair.
- Frequently comp.lang.objective-c FAQ www
Frequently asked questions about Objective-C. comp.lang.objective-c FAQ.
- A Cocoa: The Objective-C Programming Language www
A detailed introduction to object-oriented programming in the context of the Objective-C programming language. Cocoa: The Objective-C Programming Language.
- To 2002 Dr. Dobb's Excellence in Programming Awards www
To Adele Goldberg, Dr. Dobb's Excellence in Programming Awards, Dan Ingalls, pioneers of object-oriented programming, and Smalltalk language and development environment. As researchers at Xerox's Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), each saw in their own way the promise of objects, and was in a unique position to put theory into practice in an architecture based on objects at all levels. [Dr. Dobb's Journal] 2002 Dr. Dobb's Excellence in Programming Awards.
- Diverse Smalltalk Solutions 2001 Trip Report www
Diverse opinions and debate, Solutions 2001 Trip Report, many useful points on Squeak, VisualAge, Dolphin, refactoring, Extreme Programming, Java, LISP, and Objective-C. [Slashdot] Smalltalk Solutions 2001 Trip Report.
- Object-oriented Tornado www
Object-oriented operating system for large-scale shared-memory multiprocessors. Tornado. Minimizes data sharing via careful design: often eliminates data sharing even when sharing appears natural. Successor to Hurricane. Tornado.
- Investigating Iguana Project www
Investigating use of object-orientation, Project, computational reflection, and metaobject protocols (MOPs) to support dynamic customizing of (system) software. Iguana Project.
- Alexa: Java Object-Oriented
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Java Object-Oriented
- DMOZ: Java Object-Oriented
dmoz.org Directory: Java Object-Oriented