Syllable was started in July 2002 as a fork of the AtheOS Operating System (OS). Several AtheOS developers, concerned about the continued long term development of AtheOS, created Syllable to ensure that development would continue. Goal: create a reliable and easy to use Open Source OS for home and small office users, encourage developers to create an OS that is intuitive, easy to use, powerful. Syllable Object-Oriented Operating Systems Software Computers.
Syllabic writing began several hundred years before the first letters. The earliest recorded syllables are on tablets written around 2800 BC in the Sumerian city of Ur. (wikipedia)
- Syllable (linguistics) A unit of organization for a sequence of speech sounds.
- Syllabary A set of written symbols that represent the syllables or moras which make up words.
- Syllable (operating system) A free and open source operating system for Pentium and compatible processors.
- Syllable (computing) A name for a platform-dependent unit of information storage.
- Slab (unit) A second-generation computer. All printed circuit boards used resistor-transistor logic to create...
- Syllable www
Official home of high performance, Syllable, desktop operating system, updated fork of AtheOS. Goal: reliable, intuitive, easy to use, powerful, for home, small office users. Descriptions, development, FAQs, forums, mail lists, news archive, screenshots. Open Source, GPL.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: Syllable Operating System www
Encyclopedia article, Syllable Operating System, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia: Syllable Operating System.
- This Users Update AtheOS, But Still No Word from its Founder www
This article details the events that led up to Syllable's fork from AtheOS, Update AtheOS, But Still No Word from its Founder, including the 9 month disappearance of Kurt Skauen, the lead developer of AtheOS. [OSNews] Users Update AtheOS, But Still No Word from its Founder.
- Personal Vanders' Syllable Software www
Personal homepage and Syllable software portal by Vanders - Syllable's lead developer Vanders' Syllable Software.
- Discusses Syllable Team Marches On www
Discusses development work on Syllable before version 0. Team Marches On.4.1, and credits several members of the development team for the operating system. [OSNews] Syllable Team Marches On.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: AtheOS File System www
Encyclopedia article, AtheOS File System, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia: AtheOS File System.
- Introduction, Syllable, The Little OS with a Big Future www
Introduction, The Little OS with a Big Future, history, review, features, many forum comments. OSNews. Syllable, The Little OS with a Big Future.
- Syllable Syllable Wiki www
Syllable Wiki - the gathering place of all Syllable developers Syllable Wiki.
- Interview AtheOS Wizard Kurt Skauen Tells All www
Interview by many questioners, Wizard Kurt Skauen Tells All, with many forum comments. Slashdot. AtheOS Wizard Kurt Skauen Tells All.
- Brief Ask AtheOS Creator Kurt Skauen about His Creature www
Brief story, AtheOS Creator Kurt Skauen about His Creature, with many forum comments. Slashdot. Ask AtheOS Creator Kurt Skauen about His Creature.
- A Kirilla www
A site serving content to the BeOS newbie. Kirilla.
- Forums The Green Board www
Forums and information for users and developers of the Be Operating System. The Green Board.
- Government China to Invest in Linux-based Software www
Government plans to put financial effort into Linux-based software; may rival Microsoft Windows in one of world's fastest-growing technology markets, Invest in Linux-based Software, official says. [CNN.com] China to Invest in Linux-based Software.
- Several WebRing: Free Operating Systems www
Several sites offering free OSs. WebRing: Free Operating Systems.
- Open Gemini Nucleus www
Open source project to make a production quality micro kernel based on the latest findings in OS research. Gemini Nucleus.
- To Programmers Operating SYStem: POSYS www
To be simple 32-bit multitasking microkernel using all security features of x86 processors, Operating SYStem: POSYS, able to load and execute modules for: MS Win32 (32-bit PE, EXE; dynamic link libraries, DLLs), Linux (ELF, a.out). [Open Source, GPL] Programmers Operating SYStem: POSYS.
- Goal: MorphOS www
Goal: Provide modern functionality for a new OS layer and run most Amiga applications as efficiently as possible in a box environment with no Classic Amiga custom chips available. MorphOS.
- Mailing Yahoo Groups: AmigaOS4 www
Mailing list about Amiga OS4. Groups: AmigaOS4.X for the new AmigaOne compatible machines. Yahoo Groups: AmigaOS4.
- Effort Nova www
Effort to create a POSIX-like operating system atop the rtmk microkernel. Nova. [Open Source, GPL] Nova.
- A Quantix www
A POSIX microkernel with roots of the Mach and FreeBSD projects. Quantix. [Open source, BSD-like] Quantix.
- Research Choices Object-Oriented Operating System www
Research OS coded in C++, Object-Oriented Operating System, architecture organized as frameworks of objects hierarchically classed by function, performance; customized by replacing subframeworks, objects; application interface is kernel objects exported via application/kernel protection layer; kernel and application objects examined via application browsers; runs on bare hardware on distributed and parallel computers. Virtual Choices (VChoices) also runs under Unix System V. Choices Object-Oriented Operating System.
- Goal: Maruti www
Goal: create an environment for developing and deploying critical applications with hard real-time constraints in a reactive environment. Maruti. Such applications must be able to execute on a platform of distributed and heterogeneous resources, and operate continuously in the presence of faults. Maruti.
- Alexa: Syllable Object-Oriented
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Syllable Object-Oriented
- DMOZ: Syllable Object-Oriented
dmoz.org Directory: Syllable Object-Oriented