EROS Realtime Operating Systems Software Computers.
- Eros The Greek god of love. His Roman counterpart was Cupid.
- EROS (satellite) A series of Israeli commercial Earth observation satellites, designed and manufactured by Israel...
- EROS Center A United States Geological Survey data management, systems development, and research field center.
- Eelam Revolutionary Organisation of Students A former Tamil militant group in Sri Lanka.
- Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis The Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis is published in print and online by John Wiley...
- Event-related optical signal A brain-scanning technique that uses infrared light through optical fibers to measure changes in...
- Extremely Reliable Operating System An operating system developed beginning in 1991 by The EROS Group, LLC., the Johns Hopkins...
- JDT 1650R EROS A large family of single-seat, mid-wing, strut-braced, single engine aircraft, available in kit...
- Eros Meanings for other things named Eros.
- Extremely EROS-OS.org www
Extremely Reliable OS; home site. EROS-OS.org. Small, secure, real-time microkernel with orthogonal persistence: pull the plug and restart with no losses. Related to, and working with, ERights.org on E programming language. [Open source, GPL] EROS-OS.org.
- Growing CapROS www
Growing article, CapROS, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. CapROS.
- Capability-based CapROS www
Capability-based Reliable Operating System; home site; non-academic evolution and continuation of EROS system, CapROS, begun in 2005; EROS was pure research, CapROS is intended to be stable commercial quality system. CapROS.
- This EROS: A Fast Capability System www
This capability-based OS for commodity processors uses a one level storage model; store persistence is transparent to applications. Fast Capability System. Surprisingly, performance of this very high security system matches normal OSs. [ResearchIndex] EROS: A Fast Capability System.
- Growing Extremely Reliable Operating System www
Growing article, Reliable Operating System, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. Extremely Reliable Operating System.
- A Verifying Operating System Security www
A confined program is one unable to leak information to an unauthorized party or modify unauthorized resources, Operating System Security, an essential feature of any secure component based system. A proof of correctness of EROS architecture for confinement. [ResearchIndex] Verifying Operating System Security.
- Shapiro The EROS Alternative www
Shapiro interview in 'Open-Source Security' issue. EROS Alternative. Of open source OSs, most people think only Linux and OpenBSD. But another open-source OS's architecture may be more secure than either of them. [Information Security Magazine] The EROS Alternative.
- Direct Coyotos Secure Operating System www
Direct EROS research successor; builds on those ideas and experiences; much code developed for EROS will migrate directly to Coyotos. Coyotos Secure Operating System.
- Growing Coyotos www
Growing article, Coyotos, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. Coyotos.
- Abstract EROS: A Principle-Driven Operating System from the Ground Up www
Abstract of article by Jonathan S. Principle-Driven Operating System from the Ground Up. Shapiro, Norm Hardy; published by IEEE Computer Society. [IEEE Software] EROS: A Principle-Driven Operating System from the Ground Up.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: Capability-based Security www
Encyclopedia article, Capability-based Security, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia: Capability-based Security.
- Henry Capability-Based Computer Systems www
Henry M. Computer Systems. Levy; Digital Press, 1984, ISBN 0932376223. Thorough survey and description of early capability and object based hardware and software systems. Out of print, available as free download, PDF format. Capability-Based Computer Systems.
- Consulting Mark S. Miller: Caplet Security www
Consulting company. Miller: Caplet Security. Caplet means a capability applet, main themes of E and EROS. Miller is an influential programmer who has worked on Xanadu, Agorics, capability systems, and genetic algorithms. Mark S. Miller: Caplet Security.
- Object-oriented, Wouter's Amiga E Page www
Object-oriented, Amiga E Page, procedural, unpure functional language, common on Amiga. Main influences: C++, Ada, Lisp; fast compiling, inline assembler, many integrated functions, strong modules, flexible types, and quoted expressions. Description, readme, downloads, mail list. [Freeware] Wouter's Amiga E Page.
- One The MicroEmpix Fan Site www
One user microkernel (nearer an exokernel), MicroEmpix Fan Site, very small, version of Empix Unix-like OS developed at the Computing Systems Laboratory, National Technical University of Athens. The MicroEmpix Fan Site.
- Portable ShagOS www
Portable object-oriented microkernel OS, ShagOS, dynamically loaded device drivers, fully redesigned and rewritten many times in C++, runs on VAX, x86. Ongoing experiment in using O-O paradigm as framework for full OS, with distributed computing as main aspect in most design decisions. ShagOS.
- Compares Linux Journal: Open Source Software for Real-Time Solutions www
Compares 2 open source OSs for embedded uses: RTLinux, Journal: Open Source Software for Real-Time Solutions, eCOS by Cygnus. Linux Journal: Open Source Software for Real-Time Solutions.
- Realtime rtmk www
Realtime microkernel: preemptive, rtmk, fully re-entrant, multithreaded, SMP, continuations, full locking primitives; shares many ideas with Mach, developed by CMU in late 1980's, early 1990's, stopped in 1994. [GPL] rtmk.
- Government China to Invest in Linux-based Software www
Government plans to put financial effort into Linux-based software; may rival Microsoft Windows in one of world's fastest-growing technology markets, Invest in Linux-based Software, official says. [CNN.com] China to Invest in Linux-based Software.
- New Cefarix OS www
New project, OS, intended as stable, fast, secure, reliable, easy to use, 32-bit protected mode OS for x86 and later PowerPC systems, open source, many features, graphical user interface (GUI), to replace Microsoft Windows, all versions. Cefarix OS.
- Eumel A Persistent System in Real Use: Experiences of the First 13 Years www
Eumel and successor L3, Persistent System in Real Use: Experiences of the First 13 Years, OSs made by GMD, have been used for 13 and 4 years respectively, for production in business, education. Over 2000 Eumel, 500 L3 have shipped since 1979, 1988. Both rely on persistence, with fault-surviving. Description, links. [ResearchIndex, CiteSeer] A Persistent System in Real Use: Experiences of the First 13 Years.
- Makes Micro Digital, Inc. www
Makes SMX: no-royalty, Digital, Inc., modular, preemptive multitasking, small fast, many featured RTOS for embedded systems. Portable to all 32-bit processors, now on ARM, ColdFire, PowerPC, SH3/4, x86. Unlike generic C kernels, it exploits strengths of x86 to make it easier to program. Micro Digital, Inc..
- Makes On Time Informatik GmbH www
Makes RTOS-32, Time Informatik GmbH, and realtime multitasking development tools, for x86-based embedded systems; no royalty, full source code available on all products. Supports Borland, Microsoft, Watcom C/C++ compilers; DOS, Win32 compatible API gives easy ports of extant programs. On Time Informatik GmbH.
- Alexa: EROS Realtime
Alexa Directory Top Sites: EROS Realtime
- DMOZ: EROS Realtime
dmoz.org Directory: EROS Realtime