EROS Realtime Operating Systems Software Computers.
- Eros The Greek god of love. His Roman counterpart was Cupid.
- EROS (satellite) A series of Israeli commercial Earth observation satellites, designed and manufactured by Israel...
- EROS Center A United States Geological Survey data management, systems development, and research field center.
- Eelam Revolutionary Organisation of Students A former Tamil militant group in Sri Lanka.
- Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis The Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis is published in print and online by John Wiley...
- Event-related optical signal A brain-scanning technique that uses infrared light through optical fibers to measure changes in...
- Extremely Reliable Operating System An operating system developed beginning in 1991 by The EROS Group, LLC., the Johns Hopkins...
- JDT 1650R EROS A large family of single-seat, mid-wing, strut-braced, single engine aircraft, available in kit...
- Eros Meanings for other things named Eros.
- Growing Coyotos www
Growing article, Coyotos, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. Coyotos.
- Direct Coyotos Secure Operating System www
Direct EROS research successor; builds on those ideas and experiences; much code developed for EROS will migrate directly to Coyotos. Coyotos Secure Operating System.
- Growing Extremely Reliable Operating System www
Growing article, Reliable Operating System, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. Extremely Reliable Operating System.
- A Verifying Operating System Security www
A confined program is one unable to leak information to an unauthorized party or modify unauthorized resources, Operating System Security, an essential feature of any secure component based system. A proof of correctness of EROS architecture for confinement. [ResearchIndex] Verifying Operating System Security.
- This EROS: A Fast Capability System www
This capability-based OS for commodity processors uses a one level storage model; store persistence is transparent to applications. Fast Capability System. Surprisingly, performance of this very high security system matches normal OSs. [ResearchIndex] EROS: A Fast Capability System.
- Growing CapROS www
Growing article, CapROS, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. CapROS.
- Shapiro The EROS Alternative www
Shapiro interview in 'Open-Source Security' issue. EROS Alternative. Of open source OSs, most people think only Linux and OpenBSD. But another open-source OS's architecture may be more secure than either of them. [Information Security Magazine] The EROS Alternative.
- Extremely EROS-OS.org www
Extremely Reliable OS; home site. EROS-OS.org. Small, secure, real-time microkernel with orthogonal persistence: pull the plug and restart with no losses. Related to, and working with, ERights.org on E programming language. [Open source, GPL] EROS-OS.org.
- Abstract EROS: A Principle-Driven Operating System from the Ground Up www
Abstract of article by Jonathan S. Principle-Driven Operating System from the Ground Up. Shapiro, Norm Hardy; published by IEEE Computer Society. [IEEE Software] EROS: A Principle-Driven Operating System from the Ground Up.
- Capability-based CapROS www
Capability-based Reliable Operating System; home site; non-academic evolution and continuation of EROS system, CapROS, begun in 2005; EROS was pure research, CapROS is intended to be stable commercial quality system. CapROS.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: Capability-based Security www
Encyclopedia article, Capability-based Security, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia: Capability-based Security.
- Henry Capability-Based Computer Systems www
Henry M. Computer Systems. Levy; Digital Press, 1984, ISBN 0932376223. Thorough survey and description of early capability and object based hardware and software systems. Out of print, available as free download, PDF format. Capability-Based Computer Systems.
- Developing Combex, Inc. www
Developing capability secure distributed computing systems, Inc., prototype desktop via DARPA research grant; personnel represent most of E expertise from over $11M of research and development effort over 6 years. Descriptions, papers, contacts, personnel. Combex, Inc..
- Several Electric Communities www
Several original E documents: white paper, Communities, programmer manual (getting started, runtime, language specification, classes, tools), tutorial (introduction; getting started; hello world, ewhen, inverse; dice), datasheet, glossary, trust manager, distributed garbage collector, and commerce demo. Electric Communities.
- Page The Open Group: Advanced Research www
Page listing several research projects: microkernel OSs (MK7, Open Group: Advanced Research, MK++, AD3) and other modules (CONVERSANT, CORDS, GIPC, SHAWS). The Open Group: Advanced Research.
- High K42 www
High performance, K42, general-purpose research OS kernel for cache-coherent multiprocessors, for next generation servers ranging from small-scale (to grow ubiquitous), to very large-scale non-symmetric (growing important in commercial and technical environments. IBM Research. Open source. K42.
- A BeRTOS www
A free real time operating system suitable for embedded platforms. BeRTOS. Runs on several microprocessors and microcontrollers, ranging from 8 bits to 32 bits and on personal computers. BeRTOS.
- Compares Linux Journal: Open Source Software for Real-Time Solutions www
Compares 2 open source OSs for embedded uses: RTLinux, Journal: Open Source Software for Real-Time Solutions, eCOS by Cygnus. Linux Journal: Open Source Software for Real-Time Solutions.
- Plans Report: Japan, Korea, China to Break Windows Ties www
Plans for governments and private sector firms of China, Japan, Korea, China to Break Windows Ties, Japan, South Korea, to jointly work together to develop new OS to rival Microsoft Windows to be unveiled later this week, according to 2 Japanese newspaper reports. [InfoWorld] Report: Japan, Korea, China to Break Windows Ties.
- New Cefarix OS www
New project, OS, intended as stable, fast, secure, reliable, easy to use, 32-bit protected mode OS for x86 and later PowerPC systems, open source, many features, graphical user interface (GUI), to replace Microsoft Windows, all versions. Cefarix OS.
- Eumel A Persistent System in Real Use: Experiences of the First 13 Years www
Eumel and successor L3, Persistent System in Real Use: Experiences of the First 13 Years, OSs made by GMD, have been used for 13 and 4 years respectively, for production in business, education. Over 2000 Eumel, 500 L3 have shipped since 1979, 1988. Both rely on persistence, with fault-surviving. Description, links. [ResearchIndex, CiteSeer] A Persistent System in Real Use: Experiences of the First 13 Years.
- Makes Quadros Systems, Inc. www
Makes RTXC 3. Systems, Inc..2 and RTXC Quadros, for convergent processing in embedded uses. Seamless use with microprocessors, DSPs. Configurations: single stack, dual stack, multi stack; multicore, multiprocessing. Quadros Systems, Inc..
- Realtime C Kernel www
Realtime preemptive kernel coded fully in C, Kernel, so is highly portable to different hardware platforms and easily embeddable; Descriptions, full source code, examples, C Style Guide and programming Guidelines. [Free] C Kernel.
- Alexa: EROS Realtime
Alexa Directory Top Sites: EROS Realtime
- DMOZ: EROS Realtime
dmoz.org Directory: EROS Realtime