QNX: leading true realtime OS for PCs, now multiplatform. Small, fast, scalable, fault tolerant, POSIX compliant, preemptive multitasking, runtime memory protection, free downloads, more. Standard APIs and tools (POSIX, Linux, GNU, etc.) are familiar to tens of thousands of developers. Open architecture; available source; Linux and Unix compatible. QNX Realtime Operating Systems Software Computers.
As a microkernel -based OS, QNX is based on the idea of running most of the operating system kernel in the form of a number of small tasks, known as servers. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: QNX is a commercial Unix-like real-time operating system, aimed primarily at the embedded systems market. The product was originally developed in the early 1980s by Canadian company Quantum Software Systems, later renamed QNX Software Systems and ultimately acquired by BlackBerry in 2010. QNX was one of the first commercially successful microkernel operating systems and is used in a variety of devices including cars and mobile phones.
- BlackBerry 10 - BlackBerry 10 is a proprietary mobile operating system for the BlackBerry line of smartphones, both developed by BlackBerry Limited.
- CarPlay - CarPlay is an Apple standard that enables a car radio or head unit to be a display and also act as a controller for an iPhone. It is available on all iPhone 5 and later with at least iOS 7.1.
- Timeline of operating systems
- BlackBerry Limited
- Tablet operating systems
- Lightweight Unix-like systems
- Mobile operating systems
- Microkernel-based operating systems
- Computing platforms
- ARM operating systems
- QNX Software Systems, Ltd. www
Canadian firm that develops, Software Systems, Ltd., maintains, and markets QNX RTOS and related products: Photon microGUI, QNX/Neutrino, IAT, FLEET, FTL, QNX In-Hand Toolkit, PhAB, Phindows, PhinX, Voyager. QNX is fast microkernel, POSIX.1 compliant, x86 platform, year 2000 safe.
- Brief QNX: When an OS Really, Really Has to Work www
Brief news item with link, When an OS Really, Really Has to Work, forum with many comments, many are informative, positive. [Slashdot] QNX: When an OS Really, Really Has to Work.
- QNX IBK-Consult www
QNX RTOS training courses (focus: programming, IBK-Consult, system administration), consulting, programming. Specialty: medical device connection in critical care workplaces, standards IEEE 1073 MIB, CEN/TC 251 WG IV. IBK-Consult.
- Provides Symmetry Innovations www
Provides services to the QNX community, Innovations, from training and consulting, to custom development and contracting. Also distributes QNX and related products. Symmetry Innovations.
- Growing QNX www
Growing article, QNX, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. QNX.
- Delivers hexaZen www
Delivers tools, hexaZen, components and libraries to C++ developers for the QNX real-time operating systems. Main software offering is the Zinzala SDK, a complete C++ software development kit which takes full advantage of the QNX RTOS. hexaZen.
- An QNX-night www
An international page for QNX Community Meetings, QNX-night, getting together at fairs or at any other event as well as announcing regular meetings in different cities. QNX-night.
- Killer killerstuff.net - killer apps www
Killer applications for QNX/Photon and other bits and bobs. killer apps. Current lineup includes killerIRC, killerWeb, killerAudio and killerNotes. killerstuff.net - killer apps.
- DACHS Steinhoff Automations & Feldbus-Systeme www
DACHS fieldbus technologies for Open Control Architecture with QNX, Automations & Feldbus-Systeme, IEC1131-3 and industrial hard- and software standards meet requirements of industrial automation today and tomorrow. This open system is cost-effective by minimizing costs of ownership. Steinhoff Automations & Feldbus-Systeme.
- Created OpenQNX: The QNX Community Portal www
Created to be central information resource for QNX community: news, The QNX Community Portal, explanations, FAQ, forums, newsgroups, mailing lists, downloads, links, tech reviews, searches, fun, tips, online live support. English. OpenQNX: The QNX Community Portal.
- A eQip: Embedded QNX on Intelligent Platforms www
A community project to develop QNX on handheld devices. Embedded QNX on Intelligent Platforms. It is a public extension of the QNX's iPAQ reference platform. eQip: Embedded QNX on Intelligent Platforms.
- Home Workspace: a Photon native code editor www
Home of Workspace, Photon native code editor, a free yet powerful Photon native code editor, downloads, modules, screenshots, guest book. Workspace: a Photon native code editor.
- GUI QP Software Systems, Inc. www
GUI design and development for real-time systems including medical and industrial applications; QNX RTOS software consulting, Software Systems, Inc., development. Ontario, Canada. QP Software Systems, Inc..
- A Quantix www
A POSIX microkernel with roots of the Mach and FreeBSD projects. Quantix. [Open source, BSD-like] Quantix.
- Effort Nova www
Effort to create a POSIX-like operating system atop the rtmk microkernel. Nova. [Open Source, GPL] Nova.
- A UnixGeeks.org www
A growing repository of resources and information related to the Unix operating system. UnixGeeks.org. All content is maintained by the group of users, to which membership is free. UnixGeeks.org.
- Goal: Maruti www
Goal: create an environment for developing and deploying critical applications with hard real-time constraints in a reactive environment. Maruti. Such applications must be able to execute on a platform of distributed and heterogeneous resources, and operate continuously in the presence of faults. Maruti.
- Makes RTMX, Inc. www
Makes RTMX O/S: IEEE POSIX realtime extensions to OpenBSD, Inc., with vendor specific ports for embedded, dedicated systems, application specific Internet/intranet servers. Many fine features. North Carolina, USA. RTMX, Inc..
- Makes On Time Informatik GmbH www
Makes RTOS-32, Time Informatik GmbH, and realtime multitasking development tools, for x86-based embedded systems; no royalty, full source code available on all products. Supports Borland, Microsoft, Watcom C/C++ compilers; DOS, Win32 compatible API gives easy ports of extant programs. On Time Informatik GmbH.
- A Fusion RTOS www
A fast (190 cycle context switch), RTOS, small (1-1.5 K), designed and optimized for next generation DSP systems; and Fusion Net (TCP/IP Stack), Fusion Web (services); all support priority based, realtime, preemptive, multitasking. By DSPOS, Inc. Fusion RTOS.
- Alexa: QNX Realtime
Alexa Directory Top Sites: QNX Realtime
- DMOZ: QNX Realtime
dmoz.org Directory: QNX Realtime