RTEMS is an acronym meaning Real-Time Executive for Multiprocessor Systems. It runs on a wide range of CPU platforms: AMD 29K; Hitachi SH; HP PA-RISC; Intel x86, i960; Motorola m683x0, m680x0, mPPC, mColdfire; MIPS R46x0, SPARC. It has multiple APIs: RTEMS, POSIX-Unix, uITRON. It is written in C, with C++ support. There is a runtime for GNAT called GNAT-RTEMS for embedded Ada applications. An old RTEMS version is written in Ada83, but is for reference use only. No official newsgroups exist yet, but two public mail lists do: rtems-users, rtems-snapshots; see the OAR website. RTEMS is open source, under OAR's own license. RTEMS Realtime Operating Systems Software Computers.
RTEMS is designed for real-time, embedded systems and to support various open API standards including POSIX and µITRON. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Real-Time Executive for Multiprocessor Systems, formerly Real-Time Executive for Missile Systems, and then Real-Time Executive for Military Systems, is a real-time operating system designed for embedded systems. It is free open-source software.
- LatticeMico32 - LatticeMico32 is a 32-bit microprocessor soft core from Lattice Semiconductor optimized for field-programmable gate arrays. It uses a Harvard architecture, which means the instruction and data buses are separate. Bus arbitration logic can be used to combine the two buses, if desired.
- Qi hardware - Qi hardware is a project which produces copyleft hardware, in an attempt to apply the Free Software Foundation's GNU GPL concept of copylefting software to the hardware layer.
- ARM operating systems
- Real-time operating systems
- Embedded operating systems
- SIGAda www
ACM Special Interest Group on Ada: information on SIGAda organization and pointers to current information and resources for the Ada programming language. SIGAda.
- Real-Time RTEMS Home www
Real-Time Executive for Multiprocessor Systems. Home. Runs on: AMD 29K; Hitachi SH; HP PA-RISC; ix86, i960; m683x0, m680x0, mPPC, mColdfire; MIPS R46x0, SPARC. Multiple APIs: RTEMS, POSIX-Unix, uITRON. Written in Ada, C/C++. [Open Source] RTEMS Home.
- Ring WebRing: RTEMS www
Ring for this free real-time OS. RTEMS. Linked sites are somehow related to the OS, can be pages showing applications or products, research projects, and libraries ported to it. WebRing: RTEMS.
- Growing RTEMS www
Growing article, RTEMS, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. RTEMS.
- Personal Joel's World www
Personal page of Joel Sherrill, World, one of original authors, and current maintainer, of RTEMS; and research and development Director at OAR Corp. Much interesting material, useful links. Joel's World.
- Development, Engineer's Office for Microcomputer Technology www
Development, Office for Microcomputer Technology, training, support services for embedded hardware and software, especially based on RTEMS RTOS; founded 1987. English, Deutsch. Engineer's Office for Microcomputer Technology.
- Parent OAR: On-Line Applications Research Corp. www
Parent firm for RTEMS RTOS, On-Line Applications Research Corp., open source, free, no royalty, full source code; and GNAT/RTEMS Ada95 compiler system useful for cross development. Support, training, custom development; founded 1978. Alabama, USA. OAR: On-Line Applications Research Corp..
- Research The Addition of Persistence to Ada95 and its Consequences www
Research into persistent programming languages and systems. The Addition of Persistence to Ada95 and its Consequences.
- Also Solar_OS www
Also Sol_OS; goals: realtime, Solar_OS, coded in 32-bit ASM, fast, very simple, small, cooperative multitasking, programs have full hardware control, modern OOP GUI, suitable for desktop targets. Open source, GPL. Solar_OS.
- A BeRTOS www
A free real time operating system suitable for embedded platforms. BeRTOS. Runs on several microprocessors and microcontrollers, ranging from 8 bits to 32 bits and on personal computers. BeRTOS.
- Resource FreeOS.com www
Resource Center for Free Operating Systems: articles, FreeOS.com, documentation, download sites, news, links, and anything related to all Free OSs. FreeOS.com.
- Several WebRing: Free Operating Systems www
Several sites offering free OSs. WebRing: Free Operating Systems.
- Growing TRON Project www
Growing article, Project, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. TRON Project.
- What The Most Popular Operating System in the World www
What is Earth's most widely used OS? Not Linux, Most Popular Operating System in the World, Unix, or Windows, but ITRON, Japanese realtime kernel for small-scale embedded systems. It runs mobile phones, digital cameras, CD players, many other devices. [LinuxInsider] The Most Popular Operating System in the World.
- A Fusion RTOS www
A fast (190 cycle context switch), RTOS, small (1-1.5 K), designed and optimized for next generation DSP systems; and Fusion Net (TCP/IP Stack), Fusion Web (services); all support priority based, realtime, preemptive, multitasking. By DSPOS, Inc. Fusion RTOS.
- Makes Quadros Systems, Inc. www
Makes RTXC 3. Systems, Inc..2 and RTXC Quadros, for convergent processing in embedded uses. Seamless use with microprocessors, DSPs. Configurations: single stack, dual stack, multi stack; multicore, multiprocessing. Quadros Systems, Inc..
- Alexa: RTEMS Realtime
Alexa Directory Top Sites: RTEMS Realtime
- DMOZ: RTEMS Realtime
dmoz.org Directory: RTEMS Realtime