RTEMS is an acronym meaning Real-Time Executive for Multiprocessor Systems. It runs on a wide range of CPU platforms: AMD 29K; Hitachi SH; HP PA-RISC; Intel x86, i960; Motorola m683x0, m680x0, mPPC, mColdfire; MIPS R46x0, SPARC. It has multiple APIs: RTEMS, POSIX-Unix, uITRON. It is written in C, with C++ support. There is a runtime for GNAT called GNAT-RTEMS for embedded Ada applications. An old RTEMS version is written in Ada83, but is for reference use only. No official newsgroups exist yet, but two public mail lists do: rtems-users, rtems-snapshots; see the OAR website. RTEMS is open source, under OAR's own license. RTEMS Realtime Operating Systems Software Computers.
RTEMS is designed for real-time, embedded systems and to support various open API standards including POSIX and µITRON. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Real-Time Executive for Multiprocessor Systems, formerly Real-Time Executive for Missile Systems, and then Real-Time Executive for Military Systems, is a real-time operating system designed for embedded systems. It is free open-source software.
- LatticeMico32 - LatticeMico32 is a 32-bit microprocessor soft core from Lattice Semiconductor optimized for field-programmable gate arrays. It uses a Harvard architecture, which means the instruction and data buses are separate. Bus arbitration logic can be used to combine the two buses, if desired.
- Qi hardware - Qi hardware is a project which produces copyleft hardware, in an attempt to apply the Free Software Foundation's GNU GPL concept of copylefting software to the hardware layer.
- ARM operating systems
- Real-time operating systems
- Embedded operating systems
- Personal Joel's World www
Personal page of Joel Sherrill, World, one of original authors, and current maintainer, of RTEMS; and research and development Director at OAR Corp. Much interesting material, useful links. Joel's World.
- Development, Engineer's Office for Microcomputer Technology www
Development, Office for Microcomputer Technology, training, support services for embedded hardware and software, especially based on RTEMS RTOS; founded 1987. English, Deutsch. Engineer's Office for Microcomputer Technology.
- Growing RTEMS www
Growing article, RTEMS, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. RTEMS.
- Real-Time RTEMS Home www
Real-Time Executive for Multiprocessor Systems. Home. Runs on: AMD 29K; Hitachi SH; HP PA-RISC; ix86, i960; m683x0, m680x0, mPPC, mColdfire; MIPS R46x0, SPARC. Multiple APIs: RTEMS, POSIX-Unix, uITRON. Written in Ada, C/C++. [Open Source] RTEMS Home.
- Ring WebRing: RTEMS www
Ring for this free real-time OS. RTEMS. Linked sites are somehow related to the OS, can be pages showing applications or products, research projects, and libraries ported to it. WebRing: RTEMS.
- Parent OAR: On-Line Applications Research Corp. www
Parent firm for RTEMS RTOS, On-Line Applications Research Corp., open source, free, no royalty, full source code; and GNAT/RTEMS Ada95 compiler system useful for cross development. Support, training, custom development; founded 1978. Alabama, USA. OAR: On-Line Applications Research Corp..
- Do-While Ada in Action www
Do-While Jones' "Ada in Action" book in several formats. Ada in Action.
- Contains Ada Programming Language www
Contains resources, Programming Language, a search, news and clips. Ada Programming Language.
- Also Solar_OS www
Also Sol_OS; goals: realtime, Solar_OS, coded in 32-bit ASM, fast, very simple, small, cooperative multitasking, programs have full hardware control, modern OOP GUI, suitable for desktop targets. Open source, GPL. Solar_OS.
- Compares Linux Journal: Open Source Software for Real-Time Solutions www
Compares 2 open source OSs for embedded uses: RTLinux, Journal: Open Source Software for Real-Time Solutions, eCOS by Cygnus. Linux Journal: Open Source Software for Real-Time Solutions.
- New Cefarix OS www
New project, OS, intended as stable, fast, secure, reliable, easy to use, 32-bit protected mode OS for x86 and later PowerPC systems, open source, many features, graphical user interface (GUI), to replace Microsoft Windows, all versions. Cefarix OS.
- Resource FreeOS.com www
Resource Center for Free Operating Systems: articles, FreeOS.com, documentation, download sites, news, links, and anything related to all Free OSs. FreeOS.com.
- Announcement B-Free 0.0.20 Released www
Announcement disproving rumors that project is dead, 0.0.20 Released, 3 forum comments. [OSNews.com] B-Free 0.0.20 Released.
- T-Engine TRON + Linux = T-Linux www
T-Engine Forum and MontaVista Software are joining the long-dominant Japanese embedded OS, Linux = T-Linux, TRON, with embedded Linux, to form a standard software architecture for embedded devices benefiting from open source and Linux. Forum with comments. [Slashdot] TRON + Linux = T-Linux.
- Realtime Xpolyplus www
Realtime OS and development system for programs for industrial automation, Xpolyplus, telecontrol, machine automation. It is C-Scada: does all functions of SCADA, plus control (more so with neXor I/O hardware); by XPLAB. English, Italian. Xpolyplus.
- Develops Enea www
Develops and distributes the OSE family of real-time operating systems and embedded development tools for high reliability telecom/datacom, Enea, medical, automotive and safety critical applications. Enea.
- Alexa: RTEMS Realtime
Alexa Directory Top Sites: RTEMS Realtime
- DMOZ: RTEMS Realtime
dmoz.org Directory: RTEMS Realtime