All operating systems (OSs) in this section support TRON standards fully or partly. TRON is an acronym for: The Real-time Operating system Nucleus. The TRON Project officially began June 1984, due to findings and recommendations in a report by a Japan Electronic Industrial Development Association technical committee that investigated microprocessor uses in the 1990s and later. Dr. Ken Sakamura, University of Tokyo, chaired this committee, managed TRON development, and is the main creator of the TRON architecture. Much like POSIX, TRON is not a body of computer code that is compiled and run on a processor. Rather, it is a set of standards: interfaces, design guidelines, software design specifications, for creating the computer code that will become an OS kernel, and defining language interfaces between an OS and its programs, to give compatibility when moving programs between compatible systems. TRON Realtime Operating Systems Software Computers.
Tron is a 1982 science fiction film produced by Walt Disney Productions. The film has spawned the Tron multimedia franchise . (wikipedia)
- Tron A 1982 American science fiction action-adventure film written and directed by Steven...
- Tron: Legacy A 2010 American science fiction action film directed by Joseph Kosinski from a screenplay...
- Mechatronics A multidisciplinary field of science that includes a combination of mechanical engineering...
- Tron (character) A character from the Tron franchise.
- Tron (soundtrack) The soundtrack album for the 1982 film of the same name, composed by Wendy Carlos with two...
- Tron: Uprising An American animated science fiction television series, part of the Tron franchise, set...
- Tron (video game) A coin-operated arcade video game manufactured and distributed by Bally Midway in 1982.
- Tron: The Ghost in the Machine A six-issue comic book limited series produced by Slave Labor Graphics.
- TRON command A debugging command in old dialects of the BASIC programming language.
- Jay Maynard An American computer programmer, system administrator and the volunteer project maintainer for...
- Amphoe Tron A district of Uttaradit Province, northern Thailand.
- Growing TRON Project www
Growing article, Project, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. TRON Project.
- Official TRON Web www
Official overseas news source; all the information needed to learn about and keep up on developments in this popular, Web, general-purpose computer architecture designed to connect the wide array of computer systems used in society today, and new types to come into use in the next century. TRON Web.
- Story Accelerated Technology Appointed Official North American Liaison Office of the TRON Association www
Story on announcement, Technology Appointed Official North American Liaison Office of the TRON Association, made at Embedded Systems Conference San Francisco 2003, history and information on TRON, ITRON; Mentor Graphics, Accelerated Technology. [EDACafe] Accelerated Technology Appointed Official North American Liaison Office of the TRON Association.
- Announcement B-Free 0.0.20 Released www
Announcement disproving rumors that project is dead, 0.0.20 Released, 3 forum comments. [OSNews.com] B-Free 0.0.20 Released.
- T-Engine TRON + Linux = T-Linux www
T-Engine Forum and MontaVista Software are joining the long-dominant Japanese embedded OS, Linux = T-Linux, TRON, with embedded Linux, to form a standard software architecture for embedded devices benefiting from open source and Linux. Forum with comments. [Slashdot] TRON + Linux = T-Linux.
- What The Most Popular Operating System in the World www
What is Earth's most widely used OS? Not Linux, Most Popular Operating System in the World, Unix, or Windows, but ITRON, Japanese realtime kernel for small-scale embedded systems. It runs mobile phones, digital cameras, CD players, many other devices. [LinuxInsider] The Most Popular Operating System in the World.
- Lets Insignia and Accelerated Technology Announce Licensing Agreement to Include Secure System Provisioning Client Software with the Nucleus Operating System www
Lets phones using Nucleus RTOS be repairable and upgradeable over-the-air. and Accelerated Technology Announce Licensing Agreement to Include Secure System Provisioning Client Software with the Nucleus Operating System. [EDACafe.com] Insignia and Accelerated Technology Announce Licensing Agreement to Include Secure System Provisioning Client Software with the Nucleus Operating System.
- Used Accelerated Technology's Nucleus RTOS Helps Passenger Safety in Critical Testing Device for Civil Aircraft www
Used to develop Air Data Test Set (ADTS) 505 remote hand terminal, Technology's Nucleus RTOS Helps Passenger Safety in Critical Testing Device for Civil Aircraft, by Druck Ltd., England. Made for use in civil craft, the test set lets technicians check performance and readout of vital instruments in cockpit. [EDACafe.com] Accelerated Technology's Nucleus RTOS Helps Passenger Safety in Critical Testing Device for Civil Aircraft.
- New Cefarix OS www
New project, OS, intended as stable, fast, secure, reliable, easy to use, 32-bit protected mode OS for x86 and later PowerPC systems, open source, many features, graphical user interface (GUI), to replace Microsoft Windows, all versions. Cefarix OS.
- Plans Report: Japan, Korea, China to Break Windows Ties www
Plans for governments and private sector firms of China, Japan, Korea, China to Break Windows Ties, Japan, South Korea, to jointly work together to develop new OS to rival Microsoft Windows to be unveiled later this week, according to 2 Japanese newspaper reports. [InfoWorld] Report: Japan, Korea, China to Break Windows Ties.
- Secure, Integrity www
Secure, Integrity, no royalty, for high reliability embedded systems; hardware memory protection to isolate and protect it and user tasks from incorrect operation by errors or tampering; object-oriented design allows verifying data security/integrity, communications, individual components, whole system; strict adherence to provable resource requirements. Green Hills Software, Inc. Integrity.
- Growing Integrity (Operating System) www
Growing article, (Operating System), with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. Integrity (Operating System).
- Parent OAR: On-Line Applications Research Corp. www
Parent firm for RTEMS RTOS, On-Line Applications Research Corp., open source, free, no royalty, full source code; and GNAT/RTEMS Ada95 compiler system useful for cross development. Support, training, custom development; founded 1978. Alabama, USA. OAR: On-Line Applications Research Corp..
- Development, Engineer's Office for Microcomputer Technology www
Development, Office for Microcomputer Technology, training, support services for embedded hardware and software, especially based on RTEMS RTOS; founded 1987. English, Deutsch. Engineer's Office for Microcomputer Technology.
- Growing ThreadX www
Growing article, ThreadX, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. ThreadX.
- No Oki Selects Express Logic's ThreadX RTOS for ARM Microcontrollers www
No royalty RTOS maker announces its ThreadX is selected by Oki Semiconductor as preferred for its new line of low-level 32-bit controllers using industry-leading ARM7TDMI processor, Selects Express Logic's ThreadX RTOS for ARM Microcontrollers, and related development systems. [Embedded Star] Oki Selects Express Logic's ThreadX RTOS for ARM Microcontrollers.
- Commercial eCosCentric Limited www
Commercial provider of eCosPro derivative, Limited, porting, training and consultancy services. eCosCentric Limited.
- eCos-related Open Embedded Technologies: eCos www
eCos-related advice, Embedded Technologies: eCos, techniques, project code and tool listings. Open Embedded Technologies: eCos.
- Specializes TenAsys Corp. www
Specializes in real-time virtual machine technology that combines the Windows OS and a hard real-time OS on a single x86 PC compatible computer. TenAsys Corp..
- Makes CMX Company www
Makes multitasking RTOS products: CMX-RTX (full RTOS), Company, CMX-TINY+ (small RTOS), CMX-TCP/IP, CMXBug, CMXTracker. These support most 8/16/32/64-bit embedded controllers, processors, DSPs, over 30 compiler vendors. CMX Company.
- Alexa: TRON Realtime
Alexa Directory Top Sites: TRON Realtime
- DMOZ: TRON Realtime
dmoz.org Directory: TRON Realtime