This section is for operating systems (OSs) which main purpose is research into OSs and into larger, more general system issues. Mostly the links in this section point to other OS categories and OSs therein. The only OSs listed exclusively herein are those for which no better or clearer section seems suitable. On this page, OSs are arranged in two groups and levels: 1) Top group: types or classes of OSs, where research is more commonly done, experimental OSs are more likely to be found. 2) Bottom group: specific OSs, individual instances; there is only one OS of this name-type. Research Operating Systems Software Computers.
Scientific research is a systematic way of gathering data and harnessing curiosity. This research provides scientific information and theories for the explanation of the nature and the properties of the world. (wikipedia)
- Research Research comprises "creative work undertaken on a systematic basis to increase the stock of...
- Research and development Research and development, also known in Europe as research and technological development, refers...
- Market research Any organized effort to gather information about target markets or customers.
- Research (horse) A champion Australian Thoroughbred racehorse who as a three-year-old carved out a unique place in...
- Research (finance) Financial analysis refers to an assessment of the viability, stability and profitability of a...
- "Research" (Big Sean song) A song recorded by American rapper Big Sean featuring recording artist Ariana Grande.
- Research (1861 ship) A full rigged ship built in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia which was famous for a determined and...
- HCS Research (1823) A ship that the British East India Company had built for it in 1823 at Fort Gloster to serve as a...
- Research, Victoria A suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, north-east from Melbourne's Central Business District.
- RE/Search An American magazine and book publisher, based in San Francisco, founded by its editor V. Vale in...
- Research Range A mountain range at the northern end of the Ural Mountains.
- Component-based 2K www
Component-based network-centric OS for the next millennium: distributed, 2K, adaptable, designed for frequent change, from the Systems Software Research Group, and the Multimedia Operating Systems and Networking Group, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. 2K.
- Automatic ACCORDS Project www
Automatic Configuration and Monitoring of Component-Based Distributed Systems. Project. From Universities of São Paulo, and of Campinas, Brazil. Part of 2K effort. ACCORDS Project.
- Part Bibliography on the Distributed Operating System Amoeba www
Part of the Computer Science Bibliographies: search, the Distributed Operating System Amoeba, browsing, statistics. Bibliography on the Distributed Operating System Amoeba.
- Powerful Amoeba www
Powerful free, Amoeba, open source, microkernel-based system that turns a collection of workstations or single-board computers into a transparent distributed system. Used in academia, industry, and government for many years. Runs on many platforms. Amoeba.
- Goal: Maruti www
Goal: create an environment for developing and deploying critical applications with hard real-time constraints in a reactive environment. Maruti. Such applications must be able to execute on a platform of distributed and heterogeneous resources, and operate continuously in the presence of faults. Maruti.
- Multithreaded Atomatrix www
Multithreaded execution system of atomic matrices with dynamic compiler, Atomatrix, a network environment, and an object-oriented OS. Open source, BSD. Atomatrix.
- The Crush/BRiX: An Experimental Language/OS Pair www
Crush/BRiX: An Experimental Language/OS Pair.
- Fast, BRiX: Advanced Computing Environment www
Fast, Advanced Computing Environment, no-kernel, single address space, data-centric, preemptive multithreaded, persistent, secure, multi-user operating system, with Crush function-based programming safe-language. Some code available. [Open Source, Artistic] BRiX: Advanced Computing Environment.
- University Parallel Systems Group www
University of Toronto researchers working on all aspects of parallel systems: computer architecture, Systems Group, OSs, compilers, performance evaluation, applications. Home of Hurricane and Tornado OSs, Hector and NUMAchine multiprocessors. Parallel Systems Group.
- Goals: Phoenix-RTOS www
Goals: develop free, Phoenix-RTOS, portable, small, well-designed RTOS for embedded hardware platforms: SBC (Single Board Computers), SOM (System on Module), SoC (System on Chip). Free. Phoenix-RTOS.
- A Sphere SP www
A modular RTOS suitable for embedded systems, SP, scalable from tiny stand-alone microkernel up to full client/server OS, supports different processors. Sphere SP.
- Growing Operating System www
Growing article, System, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. Operating System.
- Unbiased How Stuff Works: Operating Systems www
Unbiased enlightening tutorial with impartial description of how OSs work, Stuff Works: Operating Systems, and many related links. How Stuff Works: Operating Systems.
- Alexa: Research Operating Systems
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Research Operating Systems
- DMOZ: Research Operating Systems
dmoz.org Directory: Research Operating Systems