A-UX (from Apple Unix) was Apple Computer's implementation of the Unix operating system for some of their Macintosh computers. The latest versions of A-UX run on the Macintosh II, Quadra and Centris series of machines. A-UX was first released in 1988, with the final version (3.1.1) released in 1995. A-UX requires a 68k Mac with an FPU and a paged memory management unit (PMMU). A-UX Unix Operating Systems Software Computers.
A/UX is a discontinued Apple Computer ’s implementation of the Unix operating system (current Unix implementation is macOS ) for some of its Macintosh computers. (wikipedia)
- A/UX A discontinued Apple Computer implementation of the Unix operating system for some of its...
- Aux (TV channel) A Canadian English language Category B television channel owned and operated by Blue Ant Media.
- AUX: A DOS text device.
- AUX (CONFIG.SYS directive) in DR-DOS, changes assignment for AUX: device.
- Auxiliary connector A family of electrical connectors typically used for analog audio signals.
- A/UX FAQ Index www
FAQ list is intended to cut down on the number of "often asked questions" that make the rounds here on comp. FAQ Index.unix.aux.
- A/UX Penelope www
Site about A/UX. Penelope. Screenshots, Hardware Requirements, Software, Downloads for A/UX.
- Installation A/UX 3.0 installation www
Installation how-to. A/UX 3.0 installation.
- General Apache on A/UX Performance Hints www
Apache on A/UX Performance Hints.
- Book. Server Administration with A/UX www
Server Administration with A/UX.
- Jagubox Jagubox Mirror www
Jagubox was the source for A/UX-Fans but disappeared some years ago. Mirror. Here are: fixes, daemons, patches, infos, utilities, and Y2K-stuff. Jagubox Mirror.
- Comparison Unix on a Mac? Really? www
Comparison Review of A/UX and MachTEN. a Mac? Really?. Unix on a Mac? Really?.
- How Apple A/UX 3.x.x related Mini Archiv www
Apple A/UX 3.x.x related Mini Archiv.
- Encyclopedic A/UX www
- Book. Tuning Server Performance and Adding Internal Hard Drives www
Book. Server Performance and Adding Internal Hard Drives. Contents: Measuring server performance, allocating RAM, NFS. Tuning Server Performance and Adding Internal Hard Drives.
- Book. A/UX Basic Skills www
Book. Basic Skills. Contents: Working on the Desktop, Getting Started with A/UX 3.01, Using Files and Folders, Backup your work with Disks or Tape Cassettes, Working with TextEditor, printing from Desktop, Customising the Finder Environment. A/UX Basic Skills.
- Provides Apple Unix Server Penelope www
Provides a brief introduction to Apple Unix, Unix Server Penelope, and detail the procedure used to install A/UX 3.02 and Apache webserver 1.3.19 on a Quadra 800. Apple Unix Server Penelope.
- Periodicals MacJournals from GCSF, Incorporated www
Periodicals for serious Macintosh users and professionals, from GCSF, Incorporated, delivered electronically in a choice of formats without any advertising. Free trials available. MacJournals from GCSF, Incorporated.
- Mac About.com: Macs www
Mac hardware and software reviews, Macs, tips, and guides from About.com. About.com: Macs.
- A UnixGeeks.org www
A growing repository of resources and information related to the Unix operating system. UnixGeeks.org. All content is maintained by the group of users, to which membership is free. UnixGeeks.org.
- Alexa: A-UX Unix
Alexa Directory Top Sites: A-UX Unix
- DMOZ: A-UX Unix
dmoz.org Directory: A-UX Unix