Darwin is a Unix-based open source operating system and forms core of Mac OS X. The Darwin kernel is based on FreeBSD and Mach 3.0 technologies. Darwin runs on both PowerPC-based Macintosh computers and some Intel-based personal computers. Darwin BSD Unix Operating Systems Software Computers.
- Charles Darwin An English naturalist, geologist and biologist, best known for his contributions to the science...
- Darwin, Northern Territory Darwin.
- Darwin (operating system) An open-source Unix operating system first released by Apple Inc. in 2000.
- Charles Galton Darwin An English physicist who served as director of the National Physical Laboratory during the Second...
- Darwin (programming game) A programming game invented in August 1961 by Victor A. Vyssotsky, Robert Morris Sr., and M.
- Darwin (1920 film) A 1920 German silent film directed by Fritz Bernhardt and starring Alf Bl techer, Ria Jende and...
- City of Darwin A local government area of the Northern Territory, Australia.
- Darwin, Falkland Islands A settlement in Lafonia on East Falkland, Falkland Islands, lying on Choiseul Sound, on the east...
- 1991 Darwin A stony Florian asteroid from the inner regions of the asteroid belt, approximately 5 kilometers...
- Darwin Airline A Swiss regional airline with its head office in Bioggio, Lugano flying under the brand name...
- Darwin Awards A tongue-in-cheek honor, originating in Usenet newsgroup discussions around 1985.
- The FreeBSD Diary www
The FreeBSD Diary is a collection of step-by-step how-to entries aimed at UNIX novices. FreeBSD Diary.
- A Open Software in a Commercial Operating System www
A paper written by Wilfredo Sánchez, Software in a Commercial Operating System, the then Open Source Engineering Lead at Apple, about the use of open source in commercial software such as Mac OS X Server. Open Software in a Commercial Operating System.
- A Fink www
A package manager for Darwin based on the Debian apt-get set of tools. Fink. 2900+ ports listed. Fink.
- Official Apple Developer Connection: Darwin Releases www
Official page with downloads of the various Darwin releases and developer tools. Apple Developer Connection: Darwin Releases.
- A The Challenges of Integrating the Unix and Mac OS Environments www
A paper on the design issues Apple faced when they ported the Mac OS to a semantically different Unix base (Darwin). The Challenges of Integrating the Unix and Mac OS Environments.
- The Hexley the Platypus www
The mascot of the Darwin OS. Hexley the Platypus.
- A The GNU-Darwin Distribution www
A Unix distribution which focuses on the porting of free software to Darwin and Mac OS X. The GNU-Darwin Distribution.
- Information Fresh Ports www
Information about new or updated FreeBSD ports before becoming generally available at the official FreeBSD ports site. Fresh Ports.
- Apple's AltiVec Programming www
Apple's main AltiVec/Velocity Engine site including an overview, Programming, sample code and various software libraries optimized for the G4. AltiVec Programming.
- Tips, Cocoa Dev Central www
Tips, Dev Central, tricks, and tutorials for the novice Cocoa developer. Cocoa Dev Central.
- Directory Mac OS X - Downloads www
Directory of freeware, X - Downloads, shareware, and commercial software available for download or purchase. Mac OS X - Downloads.
- Features HyperJeff's OS X Page www
Features a large list of native OS X software, X Page, and essays on software installation. HyperJeff's OS X Page.
- Mach MK++ www
Mach compatible microkernel; gives one code base able to support high assurance, MK++, scalability, realtime, distribution, SMP, fault handling, performance; all built in an object-oriented B3 evaluable fashion. MK++.
- Mach Flux Research Group: Older Projects and Software www
Mach 4 kernel, Research Group: Older Projects and Software, Lites Unix server, Mach/Lites/4.4-lite, MOSS, Goofie, PA-RISC GNU tools. Flux Research Group: Older Projects and Software.
- Full Apple - RSS Information www
Full inventory of Apple feeds. Apple - RSS Information.
- Mac About.com: Macs www
Mac hardware and software reviews, Macs, tips, and guides from About.com. About.com: Macs.
- Provides Apple Unix Server Penelope www
Provides a brief introduction to Apple Unix, Unix Server Penelope, and detail the procedure used to install A/UX 3.02 and Apache webserver 1.3.19 on a Quadra 800. Apple Unix Server Penelope.
- BSDCertification.org The BSD Certification Group, Inc. www
BSDCertification. BSD Certification Group, Inc..org provides system administration certifications for DragonFly BSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. The BSD Certification Group, Inc..
- A 4.4BSD Documents www
A snapshot of some of the 4. Documents.4BSD-Lite documents. 4.4BSD Documents.
- Alexa: Darwin BSD
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Darwin BSD
- DMOZ: Darwin BSD
dmoz.org Directory: Darwin BSD