The MirOS BSD operating system (OS) was originally named MirBSD. It began as an OpenBSD 3.1 fork, in August 2002. It is intended to (1) maintain the security of OpenBSD, (2) better support European localisation. It synchronises code updates with OpenBSD often, and uses code from other free BSD variants: FreeBSD, NetBSD, MicroBSD. MirOS code has been used in ekkoBSD. One goal is to port MirOS to run on a Linux kernel. As are most BSDs, it is free. MirOS BSD Unix Operating Systems Software Computers.
MirOS BSD (originally called MirBSD ) is a free and open source operating system which started as a fork of OpenBSD 3. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: MirOS BSD is a free and open source operating system which started as a fork of OpenBSD 3.1 in August 2002. It is intended to maintain the security of OpenBSD?from which it frequently synchronises code updates?with better support for European localisation. Since then it has also incorporated code from other free BSD descendants, including NetBSD, MicroBSD and FreeBSD. Code from MirOS BSD was also incorporated into ekkoBSD, and when ekkoBSD ceased to exist, artwork, code and developers ended up working on MirOS BSD for a while.
- Berkeley Software Distribution
- Software forks
- Lists: DistroWatch.com: MirOS www
Lists: summary, MirOS, links, features, news. DistroWatch.com: MirOS.
- Fork MirOS/MirPorts www
- Growing MirOS BSD www
Growing article, BSD, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia] MirOS BSD.
- Documenting FreeBSD VuXML www
Documenting security issues in FreeBSD and the FreeBSD Ports Collection. FreeBSD VuXML.
- Information Fresh Ports www
Information about new or updated FreeBSD ports before becoming generally available at the official FreeBSD ports site. Fresh Ports.
- Pkgsrc-wip Pkgsrc-wip Homepage www
Pkgsrc-wip (work in progress) is a project to get more people actively involved with creating packages for pkgsrc, Homepage, a portable packaging system coming from NetBSD. Pkgsrc-wip Homepage.
- A NetBSD Mailing List Archives www
A complete, Mailing List Archives, browsable and searchable index of all NetBSD related mailing lists. NetBSD Mailing List Archives.
- Multiplatform The OpenBSD Project www
Multiplatform Ultra-Secure Operating System. OpenBSD Project. Focus: portability, standardization, correctness, security, and cryptography. The OpenBSD Project.
- Multi-booting MultiBoot - OpenBSD and FAT/NTFS Windows www
MultiBoot - OpenBSD and FAT/NTFS Windows.
- Annual BSDCan www
Annual BSD technical conference; since 2004, BSDCan, held every May; University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. BSDCan.
- Voice BSDtalk www
Voice interviews of people, BSDtalk, often in recent BSD news, about this family of operating systems; as MP3 files, with forum comments. BSDtalk.
- Alexa: MirOS BSD
Alexa Directory Top Sites: MirOS BSD
- DMOZ: MirOS BSD
dmoz.org Directory: MirOS BSD