NetBSD is a stable, multi-user, freely redistributable UNIX-like operating system. It is distributed with source code and runs on a large number of hardware platforms. NetBSD BSD Unix Operating Systems Software Computers.
NetBSD is an open-source, Unix-like operating system that descends from Berkeley Software Distribution (BSD), a Research Unix derivative developed at the University of California, Berkeley. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: NetBSD is a free and open source Unix-like operating system that descends from Berkeley Software Distribution, a Research Unix derivative developed at the University of California, Berkeley. It was the first open-source BSD descendant formally released after it was forked from 386BSD. It continues to be actively developed and is available for many platforms, including large-scale server systems, desktop systems, and handheld devices, and is often used in embedded systems.
- NetBSD Category
- Lightweight Unix-like systems
- PowerPC operating systems
- ARM operating systems
- Software using the BSD license
- The NetBSD Foundation, Inc. www
NetBSD is a free multi-platform operating system based on 4. NetBSD Foundation, Inc..4BSD Lite.
- FreeBSD Project www
Official home: the definitive resource for FreeBSD information. Project. Descriptions, downloads, documents, community, developer resources, support.
- A Package Views www
A paper by Alistair Crooks about a more flexible infrastructure for third-party software. Views. Later implemented in NetBSD's pkgsrc. [EuroBSDCon] Package Views.
- A NetBSD Mailing List Archives www
A complete, Mailing List Archives, browsable and searchable index of all NetBSD related mailing lists. NetBSD Mailing List Archives.
- Some The Unofficial NetBSD Pages www
Some information on NetBSD/alpha and related topics. The Unofficial NetBSD Pages.
- Details Jesse's NetBSD Page www
Details why he chose NetBSD over other operating systems, NetBSD Page, and details of his port to the TS-7200 platform. Jesse's NetBSD Page.
- Growing NetBSD www
Growing article, NetBSD, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia] NetBSD.
- This Benchmark Comparison of NetBSD 2.0 and FreeBSD 5.3 www
This paper by Gregory McGarry presents a suite of benchmarks and results for comparing the performance of these operating systems. Comparison of NetBSD 2.0 and FreeBSD 5.3. The benchmarks target core operating system functionality, server scalability and thread implementation. Benchmark Comparison of NetBSD 2.0 and FreeBSD 5.3.
- Vice Interview with Jay Michaelson of Wasabi Systems www
Vice President of firm. with Jay Michaelson of Wasabi Systems. Main business is embedded market, markets NetBSD as an embedded OS, and sells boxed release. Says how it is better than VXWorks, Linux, QNX, Windows CE. Short article with forum comments. [OSNews.com] Interview with Jay Michaelson of Wasabi Systems.
- Official NetBSD.org News www
Official news relating to the NetBSD project including release announcements and major changes. NetBSD.org News.
- PEACE The PEACE Project www
PEACE is a set of programs to run Win32 apps on NetBSD/i386. The PEACE Project.
- Why Benedikt Meurer's NetBSD page www
Why he uses NetBSD, Meurer's NetBSD page, advantages and disadvantages of the OS vs. other OS's, and a number of useful how-to's on NetBSD. Benedikt Meurer's NetBSD page.
- Pkgsrc-wip Pkgsrc-wip Homepage www
Pkgsrc-wip (work in progress) is a project to get more people actively involved with creating packages for pkgsrc, Homepage, a portable packaging system coming from NetBSD. Pkgsrc-wip Homepage.
- Changes NetBSD Code Changes www
Changes to the NetBSD code base NetBSD Code Changes.
- A My Journal of NetBSD Experiences www
A journal of Jeremy Reed's experiences with NetBSD. My Journal of NetBSD Experiences.
- Growing BSD/OS www
- Official Apple Developer Connection: Darwin Releases www
Official page with downloads of the various Darwin releases and developer tools. Apple Developer Connection: Darwin Releases.
- A Open Software in a Commercial Operating System www
A paper written by Wilfredo Sánchez, Software in a Commercial Operating System, the then Open Source Engineering Lead at Apple, about the use of open source in commercial software such as Mac OS X Server. Open Software in a Commercial Operating System.
- Paper Scheduler Activations on NetBSD www
Paper by Nathan Williams regarding the implementation of scheduler activations on NetBSD. Activations on NetBSD. [Freenix] Scheduler Activations on NetBSD.
- A NetBSD and Handheld Platforms www
A paper describing the technical challenges in porting NetBSD to a handheld devices, and Handheld Platforms, as well as reasons one would wish to install it on one. [EuroBSDCon] NetBSD and Handheld Platforms.
- An NetBSD for the FreeBSD User: Customizations www
An article by Michael Lucas. for the FreeBSD User: Customizations. Turn a stock NetBSD installation into a usable machine. Includes basic configuration and installation of important software packages. [Onlamp.com] NetBSD for the FreeBSD User: Customizations.
- A Reaching the Goal with the Regensburg Marathon-Cluster www
A paper by Hubert Feyrer describing the setup of a video rendering cluster based on NetBSD. the Goal with the Regensburg Marathon-Cluster. [EuroBSDCon] Reaching the Goal with the Regensburg Marathon-Cluster.
- A The FreeBSD Foundation www
A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the FreeBSD Project. The FreeBSD Foundation.
- All KDE Mailing Lists www
All project mailing lists. KDE Mailing Lists.
- Access KDE Mailing List Archives www
Access the archives of related mail lists. KDE Mailing List Archives.
- BSD BSDnewsletter.com www
BSD news, BSDnewsletter.com, original articles, summaries and links to outside articles; tutorials, information. BSDnewsletter.com.
- BSD BSDnexus.com www
BSD information, BSDnexus.com, forums, Weblog, wallpapers, merchandise. BSDnexus.com.
- Alexa: NetBSD BSD
Alexa Directory Top Sites: NetBSD BSD
- DMOZ: NetBSD BSD
dmoz.org Directory: NetBSD BSD