NetBSD is a stable, multi-user, freely redistributable UNIX-like operating system. It is distributed with source code and runs on a large number of hardware platforms. NetBSD BSD Unix Operating Systems Software Computers.
NetBSD is an open-source, Unix-like operating system that descends from Berkeley Software Distribution (BSD), a Research Unix derivative developed at the University of California, Berkeley. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: NetBSD is a free and open source Unix-like operating system that descends from Berkeley Software Distribution, a Research Unix derivative developed at the University of California, Berkeley. It was the second open-source BSD descendant formally released after it was forked from 386BSD. It continues to be actively developed and is available for many platforms, including large-scale server systems, desktop systems, and handheld devices, and is often used in embedded systems.
- NetBSD Category
- Lightweight Unix-like systems
- PowerPC operating systems
- ARM operating systems
- Software using the BSD license
- The NetBSD Foundation, Inc. www
NetBSD is a free multi-platform operating system based on 4. NetBSD Foundation, Inc..4BSD Lite.
- The FreeBSD Diary www
The FreeBSD Diary is a collection of step-by-step how-to entries aimed at UNIX novices. FreeBSD Diary.
- PEACE The PEACE Project www
PEACE is a set of programs to run Win32 apps on NetBSD/i386. The PEACE Project.
- Some The Unofficial NetBSD Pages www
Some information on NetBSD/alpha and related topics. The Unofficial NetBSD Pages.
- Vice Interview with Jay Michaelson of Wasabi Systems www
Vice President of firm. with Jay Michaelson of Wasabi Systems. Main business is embedded market, markets NetBSD as an embedded OS, and sells boxed release. Says how it is better than VXWorks, Linux, QNX, Windows CE. Short article with forum comments. [OSNews.com] Interview with Jay Michaelson of Wasabi Systems.
- Growing NetBSD www
Growing article, NetBSD, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia] NetBSD.
- Details Jesse's NetBSD Page www
Details why he chose NetBSD over other operating systems, NetBSD Page, and details of his port to the TS-7200 platform. Jesse's NetBSD Page.
- A NetBSD Mailing List Archives www
A complete, Mailing List Archives, browsable and searchable index of all NetBSD related mailing lists. NetBSD Mailing List Archives.
- Why Benedikt Meurer's NetBSD page www
Why he uses NetBSD, Meurer's NetBSD page, advantages and disadvantages of the OS vs. other OS's, and a number of useful how-to's on NetBSD. Benedikt Meurer's NetBSD page.
- Official NetBSD.org News www
Official news relating to the NetBSD project including release announcements and major changes. NetBSD.org News.
- This Benchmark Comparison of NetBSD 2.0 and FreeBSD 5.3 www
This paper by Gregory McGarry presents a suite of benchmarks and results for comparing the performance of these operating systems. Comparison of NetBSD 2.0 and FreeBSD 5.3. The benchmarks target core operating system functionality, server scalability and thread implementation. Benchmark Comparison of NetBSD 2.0 and FreeBSD 5.3.
- Changes NetBSD Code Changes www
Changes to the NetBSD code base NetBSD Code Changes.
- A Package Views www
A paper by Alistair Crooks about a more flexible infrastructure for third-party software. Views. Later implemented in NetBSD's pkgsrc. [EuroBSDCon] Package Views.
- A My Journal of NetBSD Experiences www
A journal of Jeremy Reed's experiences with NetBSD. My Journal of NetBSD Experiences.
- Pkgsrc-wip Pkgsrc-wip Homepage www
Pkgsrc-wip (work in progress) is a project to get more people actively involved with creating packages for pkgsrc, Homepage, a portable packaging system coming from NetBSD. Pkgsrc-wip Homepage.
- Growing BSD/OS www
- Official Apple Developer Connection: Darwin Releases www
Official page with downloads of the various Darwin releases and developer tools. Apple Developer Connection: Darwin Releases.
- A The Challenges of Integrating the Unix and Mac OS Environments www
A paper on the design issues Apple faced when they ported the Mac OS to a semantically different Unix base (Darwin). The Challenges of Integrating the Unix and Mac OS Environments.
- Paper An Implementation of User-level Restartable Atomic Sequences on the NetBSD Operating System www
Paper by Gregory McGarry detailing part of the groundwork needed for NetBSD's threading system and scheduler activations. Implementation of User-level Restartable Atomic Sequences on the NetBSD Operating System. [Freenix] An Implementation of User-level Restartable Atomic Sequences on the NetBSD Operating System.
- A NetBSD Ppbus Project www
A project whose aim is to update the printing subsystem for the NetBSD operating system to use the ppbus system developed on FreeBSD, Ppbus Project, another open source BSD system. NetBSD Ppbus Project.
- Article NetBSD for the FreeBSD User www
Article by Michael Lucas. for the FreeBSD User. A walk through of a NetBSD install by an experienced FreeBSD user. [Onlamp.com] NetBSD for the FreeBSD User.
- An NetBSD for the FreeBSD User: Customizations www
An article by Michael Lucas. for the FreeBSD User: Customizations. Turn a stock NetBSD installation into a usable machine. Includes basic configuration and installation of important software packages. [Onlamp.com] NetBSD for the FreeBSD User: Customizations.
- A BSDZone www
A site containing FreeBSD how-to guides, BSDZone, articles, and forums. BSDZone.
- Collection KDE Extra Gear www
Collection of programs associated with, Extra Gear, and part of, the project, but not part of the Distribution for various reasons. Lists projects, links to homepages. KDE Extra Gear.
- A KDE Files www
A central exchange platform for all sorts of documents and document templates. Files. The users can colaborate, discuss, vote and share documents. KDE Files.
- Description, GreasyDaemon.com: Your Guide to BSD Unix www
Description, Your Guide to BSD Unix, links and search engine to find information related to BSD Unix: FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD. GreasyDaemon.com: Your Guide to BSD Unix.
- A 4.4BSD Documents www
A snapshot of some of the 4. Documents.4BSD-Lite documents. 4.4BSD Documents.
- Alexa: NetBSD BSD
Alexa Directory Top Sites: NetBSD BSD
- DMOZ: NetBSD BSD
dmoz.org Directory: NetBSD BSD