OpenBSD is a free, UNIX-like operating system derived from 4.4BSD which runs on multiple platforms. The OpenBSD Project focuses on "portabililty, standardization, correctness, security and cryptography." OpenBSD BSD Unix Operating Systems Software Computers.
OpenBSD is a Unix-like computer operating system descended from Berkeley Software Distribution (BSD), a Research Unix derivative developed at the University of California, Berkeley. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: OpenBSD is a free and open-source Unix-like computer operating system descended from Berkeley Software Distribution, a Research Unix derivative developed at the University of California, Berkeley. In late 1995, Theo de Raadt forked it from NetBSD. Besides the operating system as a whole, the project maintains portable versions of many subsystems, most notably OpenSSH, which are available as packages in other operating systems.
- OpenBSD Category
- Lightweight Unix-like systems
- OpenBSD software using the ISC license
- PowerPC operating systems
- Software forks
- Software using the BSD license
- Cryptographic software
- Free software programmed in C
- OpenSSH www
Free version of the SSH/SecSH protocol suite of network connectivity tools developed by the OpenBSD Project. OpenSSH.
- Advocating OpenBSD www
Article on the proper way to support and promote OpenBSD. OpenBSD.
- Frequently The OpenBSD FUQ www
Frequently Unanswered Questions. The OpenBSD FUQ.
- Multiplatform The OpenBSD Project www
Multiplatform Ultra-Secure Operating System. OpenBSD Project. Focus: portability, standardization, correctness, security, and cryptography. The OpenBSD Project.
- Effort OpenBSD In Japan www
Effort to bring OpenBSD into Japan's mainstream unix society. OpenBSD In Japan.
- A OpenBSD Journal www
A resource for this community. Journal. New articles posted often; focus: firewalls, Internet services, intrusion detection, other topics of interest. OpenBSD Journal.
- Many OpenBSD www
Many useful, OpenBSD, professional articles, columns, tutorials. O'Reilly Media, ONLamp.com, BSD DevCenter. OpenBSD.
- Multi-booting MultiBoot - OpenBSD and FAT/NTFS Windows www
MultiBoot - OpenBSD and FAT/NTFS Windows.
- Searchable OpenBSD Mailing List Archives www
Searchable hypertext archive of the OpenBSD mailing lists. OpenBSD Mailing List Archives.
- Frequently The OpenBSD FAQ www
Frequently Asked Questions. The OpenBSD FAQ.
- Prominent OpenBSD at work www
Prominent users of OpenBSD and how it's being used. OpenBSD at work.
- Short The Labs: OpenBSD www
Short guide to install OpenBSD on VMWare as guest operating system. Labs: OpenBSD. [The Labs.Com] The Labs: OpenBSD.
- Growing OpenBSD www
Growing article, OpenBSD, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia] OpenBSD.
- Article My Own Private ISP www
Article presents steps taken to set up a new ISP services company at home, Own Private ISP, using OpenBSD for core services and security of the new business. My Own Private ISP.
- Details O'Reilly Network: OpenBSD in a Datacenter Scale Environment www
Details of OpenBSD powering a high profile site. O'Reilly Network: OpenBSD in a Datacenter Scale Environment.
- Users OpenBSD testimonials www
Users talk about OpenBSD. OpenBSD testimonials.
- Based MachTen www
Based on BSD4. MachTen.4 and the Mach kernel, MachTen brings the power of UNIX to your desktop at an extremely attractive price point. MachTen.
- NetBSD NetBSD/macppc www
- TCP Jumpgate www
TCP connection forwarder that provides many enhancements and improvements over the existing programs that do the same thing. Jumpgate. Developed for the OpenBSD platform. Jumpgate.
- Configuration Perforce www
Configuration Management System software for code version control. Perforce. Server and client versions available for OpenBSD. Perforce.
- A The Challenges of Integrating the Unix and Mac OS Environments www
A paper on the design issues Apple faced when they ported the Mac OS to a semantically different Unix base (Darwin). The Challenges of Integrating the Unix and Mac OS Environments.
- Official Apple Developer Connection: Darwin Releases www
Official page with downloads of the various Darwin releases and developer tools. Apple Developer Connection: Darwin Releases.
- Whitepaper strlcpy and strlcat--Consistent, Safe, String Copy and Concatenation www
Whitepaper by OpenBSD developers Todd C. and strlcat--Consistent, Safe, String Copy and Concatenation. Miller and Theo de Raadt discussing secure programming functions for manipulating strings. strlcpy and strlcat--Consistent, Safe, String Copy and Concatenation.
- Paper Porting BSD UNIX to a New Platform www
Paper discussing what is entailed in porting the BSD codebase to a new architecture. Porting BSD UNIX to a New Platform.
- Portal OpenBSD.org www
Portal met allerlei soorten informatie als nieuws, OpenBSD.org, hardware, nieuws en voor de gebruikers verschillende how-to's. OpenBSD.org.
- BSD BSDnewsletter.com www
BSD news, BSDnewsletter.com, original articles, summaries and links to outside articles; tutorials, information. BSDnewsletter.com.
- A 4.4BSD Documents www
A snapshot of some of the 4. Documents.4BSD-Lite documents. 4.4BSD Documents.
- Alexa: OpenBSD BSD
Alexa Directory Top Sites: OpenBSD BSD
- DMOZ: OpenBSD BSD
dmoz.org Directory: OpenBSD BSD