Xinu Unix Operating Systems Software Computers.
Xinu Is Not Unix ( Xinu, a recursive acronym ), is an operating system for embedded systems, originally developed by Douglas Comer for educational use at Purdue University in the 1980s. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Xinu Is Not Unix, is an operating system for embedded systems, originally developed by Douglas Comer for educational use at Purdue University in the 1980s. The name is both recursive, and is Unix spelled backwards. It has been ported to many hardware platforms, including the DEC PDP-11 and VAX systems, Sun-2 and Sun-3 workstations, Intel x86, PowerPC G3 and MIPS. Xinu was also used for some models of Lexmark printers.
- Timeline of operating systems
- Educational operating systems
- Computing platforms
- Embedded operating systems
- Cross-platform free software
- Xinu www
Name is the reverse of Unix. Xinu. Small, elegant, multitasking OS with concurrent processing, message passing, ports, semaphores, memory management, buffer pools, uniform device I/O, shell, Tcl, TCP/IP. Begun as means to teach OS design concepts, now used by many education institutions; some embedded system makers have ported it to their hardware: Intel 80960, 8096; Motorola 680x0.
- Directory PDP-11 Xinu www
Directory with Xinu OS for LSI-11 PDP-11 series of 16-bit computers; distribution has SunCHIP (a. Xinu.k.a. CHIP) C compiler and assembler, both written in C. Unix archive. The Unix Heritage Society, Unix Archive. PDP-11 Xinu.
- Keeps Dennis Brylow's Xinu Lab Infrastructure Page www
Keeps the Xinu Millennium Edition: first port to a modern RISC architecture: PowerPC G3 and G4. Brylow's Xinu Lab Infrastructure Page. Marquette University Department of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science. Dennis Brylow's Xinu Lab Infrastructure Page.
- Xinu Douglas Comer www
Xinu creator, Comer, Distinguished Professor of Computer Science, Purdue University; information, essays, affiliations. Douglas Comer.
- Growing Xinu www
Growing article, Xinu, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. Xinu.
- Tool MikeOS www
Tool to learn: how simple OSs work, MikeOS, OS development, x86 assembly language; simple code, ample documentation, often add new features on request. Open source. MikeOS.
- Port, Nachos/486 www
- Documents, Minix on the Net www
Documents, the Net, help files, hints, links. Minix on the Net.
- Repository MINIX.ORG www
Repository for OS related: documentation, MINIX.ORG, help, information, news, links, books, source code, downloads. Not the official MINIX website. MINIX.ORG.
- Small Open Source Unix and Related Software Projects www
Small page of logos and links to resources, Source Unix and Related Software Projects, distribution channels for the most popular, freely distributable Unix, and a few other projects. FREENIX links in English, Français, Norsk. Open Source Unix and Related Software Projects.
- Links COTSE-Mini Unix Distributions www
Links to 2 dozen mini Unix distributions: mostly Linux, Unix Distributions, also FreeBSD, SCO, Solaris MINIX, MINIX. COTSE-Mini Unix Distributions.
- A UnixGeeks.org www
A growing repository of resources and information related to the Unix operating system. UnixGeeks.org. All content is maintained by the group of users, to which membership is free. UnixGeeks.org.
- Alexa: Xinu Unix
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Xinu Unix
- DMOZ: Xinu Unix
dmoz.org Directory: Xinu Unix