This section is on information related to FreeDOS, a project which goal is to create a complete, free, 100% MS- and PC-DOS compatible operating system (OS). FreeDOS DOS x86 Operating Systems Software Computers.
FreeDOS (formerly Free-DOS and PD-DOS ) is a free operating system for IBM PC compatible computers. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: FreeDOS is a free operating system for IBM PC compatible computers. It intends to provide a complete DOS-compatible environment for running legacy software and supporting embedded systems.
- Arachne - Arachne is a full-screen Internet suite containing a graphical web browser, email client, and dialer. Originally, Arachne was developed by Michal Pol k under his xChaos label, a name he later changed into Arachne Labs. It was written in C and compiled using Borland C++ 3.1.
- DOSBox - DOSBox is an emulator program which emulates an IBM PC compatible computer running a DOS operating system. Many IBM PC compatible graphics and sound cards are also emulated.
- DOSEMU - DOSEMU, stylized as dosemu, is a compatibility layer software package that enables DOS operating systems and application software to run atop Linux on x86-based PCs.
- FreeRTOS - FreeRTOS is a real-time operating system kernel for embedded devices that has been ported to 35 microcontrollers. It is distributed under the MIT License.
- GRUB - GNU GRUB is a boot loader package from the GNU Project.
- ReactOS - ReactOS is a free and open-source operating system for x86/x64 personal computers intended to be binary-compatible with computer programs and device drivers made for Windows Server 2003.
- DOS on IBM PC compatibles
- Floppy disk-based operating systems
- DOS issues
- Microcomputer software
- Free software operating systems
- FreeDOS www
Complete, FreeDOS, free, MS-DOS compatible operating system with no enhancements or advanced features such as multitasking, protected mode operation, GUI.
- Offers Rugxulo - Ruffidea www
Offers mini FreeDOS distributions on floppy diskettes. Rugxulo - Ruffidea.
- Growing FreeDOS www
Growing article, FreeDOS, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. FreeDOS.
- To FreeDOS 32 www
To extend abilities of FreeDOS into native 32-bit system, 32, based on simple, fully expandable, modular core; features like memory protection, multitasking, support for many filesystems can be added by external components. [Open Source, GPL] FreeDOS 32.
- Frequent FreeDOS Kernel Site www
Frequent updates with the latest FreeDOS kernel developments. FreeDOS Kernel Site.
- Bootable FreeDOS bootfloppies www
Bootable floppy disk images for FreeDOS. FreeDOS bootfloppies.
- Goal: FreeDOS Documentation Project: FD-DOC www
Goal: create free, Documentation Project: FD-DOC, documentation for the project, collaborate in all related issues, including How-to's and mini How-to's, hosting FreeDOS wiki. FreeDOS Documentation Project: FD-DOC.
- Open-Source FreeCOM www
Open-Source replacement for commercial DOS command. FreeCOM.com FreeCOM.
- Home Jim's FreeDOS page www
Home of FreeDOS Install program. Jim's FreeDOS page.
- FreeDOS FreeDOS WebRing www
FreeDOS WebRing start page. FreeDOS WebRing.
- Home FreeDOS: FDOS Site www
Home of FDOS: FreeDOS Distribution Of Sorts, FDOS Site, 386+ for DOS/Win32. Also mirrors items of interest to FreeDOS developers, users; main and Spanish FreeDOS sites. FreeDOS: FDOS Site.
- Sites FreeGEM WebRing www
Sites that promote use and development of PC/GEM: can be anything from gaming to programming. FreeGEM WebRing.
- Graphical Intel GEM www
Graphical environment for IBM PC and Atari ST. GEM. PC GEM was a fairly widely used GUI until the release of Windows 3.0. Now licensed under the GPL. Intel GEM.
- Growing Monolithic Kernel www
Growing article, Kernel, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia. Monolithic Kernel.
- Several WebRing: Free Operating Systems www
Several sites offering free OSs. WebRing: Free Operating Systems.
- Full-featured, GeckOS/A65 www
- By Dissecting DOS: A Code-Level Look at the DOS Operating System www
By Michael Podanoffsky; Addison-Wesley, DOS: A Code-Level Look at the DOS Operating System, 1994, ISBN 020162687X, has CD-ROM. Explores DOS structure, function from programmer view, overall architecture, command structure, code-level details of vital actions. [Amazon.com] Dissecting DOS: A Code-Level Look at the DOS Operating System.
- Fast RxDOS www
Fast industrial strength DOS compatible RTOS, RxDOS, supports huge disk drives, FAT32 volumes, Windows 95/98 long filenames, coded in Assembly, used mostly in embedded systems and similar uses. [Open Source, GPL] RxDOS.
- Commentary, Doctor DOS Betamax; DOS Operating System www
Commentary, DOS Betamax; DOS Operating System, tutorials, references, Power-Users' Corner, for DOS and related utilities. Doctor DOS Betamax; DOS Operating System.
- Realtime, ZDOS www
Realtime, ZDOS, 32-bit replacement for 16-bit DOS, with modern features: multitasking, demand paging, SMP. Coded in pure Assembly language. Zebor Technology. ZDOS.
- Alexa: FreeDOS DOS
Alexa Directory Top Sites: FreeDOS DOS
- DMOZ: FreeDOS DOS
dmoz.org Directory: FreeDOS DOS