SkyOS is a mostly POSIX compliant operating system (OS). Begun in 1996, it is slowly growing in scope. Due to its POSIX compliance, and port of the GTK+ widget toolkit, many Unix-Linux programs are ported to it: AbiWord, Gaim, some games (e.g., Quake), and it includes the core of open source GNU tools, including GCC. OS licensing is proprietary. SkyOS x86 Operating Systems Software Computers.
SkyOS ( Sky O perating S ystem ) was a prototype commercial, proprietary, graphical desktop operating system written for the x86 computer architecture. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: SkyOS is a discontinued prototype commercial, proprietary, graphical desktop operating system written for the x86 computer architecture. As of January 30, 2009 development was halted with no plans to resume its development. In August 2013 Robert Szeleney announced the release of a public beta on the SkyOS website. This allows public users to download a Live CD of the SkyOS operating system, for testing and to optionally install the system.
- X86 operating systems
- Proprietary operating systems
- Brief SkyOS Team Promises 2007 Release www
Brief story with many forum comments, Team Promises 2007 Release, some humorous. OSNews. SkyOS Team Promises 2007 Release.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: SkyOS www
Encyclopedia article, SkyOS, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia: SkyOS.
- Full SkyOS www
Full featured graphical (GUI) 32-bit operating system for x86 386+ architecture; network and Sound Blaster support, SkyOS, mice, video, and many file systems. Website has requirements, status, documentation, screenshots, downloads, contacts, members, forum, mail list. SkyOS.
- Software Corona Software AB www
Software company located in Sweden, Software AB, creator of popular VS SPACE system for Wang VS minicomputers. Corona Software AB.
- A UnixGeeks.org www
A growing repository of resources and information related to the Unix operating system. UnixGeeks.org. All content is maintained by the group of users, to which membership is free. UnixGeeks.org.
- Protected PM_SZ_OS www
Protected mode, PM_SZ_OS, 32-bit OS for i486 CPUs and up, full network stack, supports several filesystems, paging, deferred procedure call support, and virtual multiple screens with different resolution and scrollback. Free download. PM_SZ_OS.
- A The Mobius: SourceForge www
A few screenshots, Mobius: SourceForge, details, links. The Mobius: SourceForge.
- Alexa: SkyOS x86
Alexa Directory Top Sites: SkyOS x86
- DMOZ: SkyOS x86
dmoz.org Directory: SkyOS x86