DexOS is an acronym, Dex is short for DOS Extreme. It is a free operating system (OS) for 32-bit x86 computers; a port to the ARM processor (to run on the GP2X) is underway. It is written in pure assembly language using FASM: the flat assembler. It is a V2_OS fork. DexOS is designed as a modern DOS. It runs in protected mode, is single-tasking (one process), has a command line interface and a graphical user interface, can load modules such as sound drivers, and has some built in commands, such as TIME, DATE, MORE (text viewer), HELP, and RUN. To run programs, it is optional to use RUN and the.dex extension. It has some network abilities, such as running a HTTP server. DexOS V2 OS x86 Operating Systems Software Computers.
DexOS is a 32-bit operating system written in x86 assembly. It is designed for coders that want direct access to all hardware (including CPU and graphics), with well-commented code and documentation. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: DexOS is a 32-bit operating system written in x86 assembly. It is designed for coders that want direct access to all hardware, with well-commented code and documentation. It's licensed under a free to use license for commercial and non-commercial use. It is written and maintained by Craig Bamford and other voluntary developers from around the world. DexOS website has been shut down due to account reasons.
- FreeDOS - FreeDOS is a free operating system for IBM PC compatible computers. It intends to provide a complete DOS-compatible environment for running legacy software and supporting embedded systems.
- FASM - FASM is an assembler for x86 processors. It supports Intel-style assembly language on the IA-32 and x86-64 computer architectures. It claims high speed, size optimizations, operating system portability, and macro abilities.
- KolibriOS - Kolibri or KolibriOS is a small open source x86 operating system written completely in assembly.
- Floppy disk-based operating systems
- Free software operating systems
- Software written primarily in assembly language
- Mach MK++ www
Mach compatible microkernel; gives one code base able to support high assurance, MK++, scalability, realtime, distribution, SMP, fault handling, performance; all built in an object-oriented B3 evaluable fashion. MK++.
- Goal: Maruti www
Goal: create an environment for developing and deploying critical applications with hard real-time constraints in a reactive environment. Maruti. Such applications must be able to execute on a platform of distributed and heterogeneous resources, and operate continuously in the presence of faults. Maruti.
- Government China to Invest in Linux-based Software www
Government plans to put financial effort into Linux-based software; may rival Microsoft Windows in one of world's fastest-growing technology markets, Invest in Linux-based Software, official says. [CNN.com] China to Invest in Linux-based Software.
- Resource FreeOS.com www
Resource Center for Free Operating Systems: articles, FreeOS.com, documentation, download sites, news, links, and anything related to all Free OSs. FreeOS.com.
- Part Bibliography of Single Address Space OSs and Related Articles www
Part of Computer Science Bibliography Collection of Alf-Christian Achilles. Bibliography of Single Address Space OSs and Related Articles.
- Exploring Opal www
Exploring a new OS structure, Opal, tuned to the needs of complex applications (eg, CAD/CAM) where a number of cooperating programs manipulate a large shared persistent database of objects. Opal.
- Algebraic terse www
Algebraic assembly language employing prefix, terse, infix, and postfix notation. Assembler simplified. Biggest advance in low-level programming since Macro Assembler. All the control of assembler, with the ease-of-use and look-and-feel of high-level languages. Low cost. terse.
- Free David Parker's Assembly Language Library www
Free assembler and linker download links and install instructions. Parker's Assembly Language Library. Assembly documentation, tips and tricks. David Parker's Assembly Language Library.
- Alexa: DexOS V2 OS
Alexa Directory Top Sites: DexOS V2 OS
- DMOZ: DexOS V2 OS
dmoz.org Directory: DexOS V2 OS