Software engineering is a broadly defined discipline involving the development, architecture or 'engineering' of software systems. It integrates the many aspects of programming, from requirement gathering, initial planning, writing and maintaining code, meeting budgets, all to produce affordable, quality software. Software Engineering Software Computers.
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Software Engineering is the application of engineering to the development of software in a systematic method.
- Software engineering Category
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - A Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, is a Bachelor's degree awarded for an undergraduate course or program in the Information technology field. The degree is normally required in order to work in the Information technology industry.
- Bachelor of Software Engineering - A Bachelor of Software Engineering is an undergraduate academic degree awarded for completing a program of study in the field of software development for computers in information technology.
- Software craftsmanship - Software craftsmanship is an approach to software development that emphasizes the coding skills of the software developers themselves.
- Software Engineering Institute - The Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute is a federally funded research and development center headquartered on the campus of Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. The SEI also has offices in Washington, DC and Los Angeles, California.
- Engineering disciplines
- Configuration Management Frequently Asked Questions www
The official FAQ of Usenet newsgroup comp. Management Frequently Asked Questions.software.config-mgmt.
- SEI Software Engineering Institute (SEI) www
SEI is a federal research center whose mission is to advance the state of the practice of software engineering to improve the quality of systems that depend on software. Engineering Institute (SEI). SEI accomplishes this mission by promoting the evolution of software engineering from an ad hoc, labor-intensive activity to a discipline that is well managed and supported by technology. Software Engineering Institute (SEI).
- A Newman & Spurr Consultancy Ltd www
A software engineering company based in Camberley, & Spurr Consultancy Ltd, Surrey, specialising in simulations, mathematical modelling, wargames, operational analysis, graphical interfaces and database design. Newman & Spurr Consultancy Ltd.
- Describes RAISE www
Describes a language, RAISE, method and tools known as the Rigorous Approach to Industrial Software Engineering. RAISE.
- Provides Offshore Software Success www
Provides news, Software Success, commentary, tips, how to, and best practices for outsourcing software development and hiring freelance programming talent. Offshore Software Success.
- Contains PERA Enterprise Integration Web Site www
Contains information on the PERA Enterprise Model including planning, Enterprise Integration Web Site, reference architecture and project execution principles. PERA Enterprise Integration Web Site.
- Microsoft Hendrickson Components www
Microsoft DNA software architects, Components, software engineering, and development. Hendrickson Components.
- Providing Vanteon www
Providing outsourced Windows software design, Vanteon, development, quality assurance and testing services and solutions. Vanteon.
- Develops Critical Software www
Develops and markets software products for business and mission critical information systems, Software, and provide consulting and engineering services for enterprises. Critical Software.
- Develops microTOOL www
Develops and support tools for software engineering, microTOOL, process control, version and configuration management. microTOOL.
- A Analyst Pro www
A tool for systems analysts and software engineers to manage software requirements and test cases throughout the system life cycle. Analyst Pro.
- Software Software Productivity Research www
Software process management articles, Productivity Research, tools, and consulting, led by Capers Jones. Software Productivity Research.
- Offers TheDevShop www
Offers tools and add-ons to enhance the Cool:Gen development environment. TheDevShop.
- A International Function Point User Group www
A non-profit organization promoting the use of function point analysis and other software metrics. International Function Point User Group.
- Provides David Consulting Group www
Provides CMMI and software process improvement, Consulting Group, software measurement, sizing, metrics, and benchmarking and function point counting consulting. David Consulting Group.
- The Software Engineering Radio www
The podcast provides lasting tutorials and interviews for professional software developers. Software Engineering Radio.
- Events, SESA - Systems Engineering Society of Australia www
Events, Systems Engineering Society of Australia, forum, regional chapters, resources, management. SESA - Systems Engineering Society of Australia.
- Offers Netron Incorporated www
Offers products and services to help accelerate e-business implementation through legacy renewal and reengineering. Netron Incorporated.
- Provides Teoco Corporation www
Provides solutions for distributed information systems in such industries as telecommunications, Corporation, energy, and financial services. Specialize in the areas of software engineering, systems engineering, application systems development, Internet technologies, database solutions, network solutions, and systems integration. Teoco Corporation.
- Improve Software Research, Inc. www
Improve customer delivered software quality through research, Research, Inc., design, and implementation of the world's best tools for software testing and quality assurance, functional testing, requirements testing, coverage analysis, regression testing, WebSite testing, embedded system testing, with full support for Java, C, C++, COBOL, Ada, Fortran. Software Research, Inc..
- Systems GTD www
Systems engineering high-tech company leader in space, GTD, defense, science, and energy. GTD.
- Provides Dr Patch Limited www
Provides commercial software patches and with the most recent software updates. Patch Limited. Email notification available. Dr Patch Limited.
- Provides Software Architecture, Architects and Architecting www
Provides resources for software architects, Architecture, Architects and Architecting, answers such questions as "what is software architecture" and "why is it important", and covers the architecting process and role of the architect. Software Architecture, Architects and Architecting.
- Case Medical Devices: The Therac-25 www
Case study of a well known software error. Medical Devices: The Therac-25.
- Emphasizes Seven Principles Of Software Development www
Emphasizes "soft" issues - attitude, Principles Of Software Development, approach. Seven Principles Of Software Development.
- A The Craft of Computer Programming Electronic Book Web site www
A book for beginners who want to learn how to program and a refresher for experienced programmers The Craft of Computer Programming Electronic Book Web site.
- By Practical Software Requirements www
By Benjamin Kovitz; Manning Publications Co. Software Requirements., 1998, ISBN 1884777597. A guidebook for the programmer or manager writing requirements for the first time, as well as the experienced system analyst. [publisher website] Practical Software Requirements.
- Pointers International Conference on Software Engineering www
Pointers to ICSE Conference Websites. International Conference on Software Engineering.
- Software STAREAST www
Software Testing Analysis and Review Conference, STAREAST, Orlando, FL. Provides software testers and engineers with an advanced software testing forum. STAREAST.
- A CM Today www
A source for online daily configuration management news. CM Today.
- Basic Software Information www
Basic introductory information regarding the development of software. Information. Seems to be targeted towards novices. Software Information.
- Development, Integra, Inc. www
Development, Inc., marketing and sale of software for engineering. Mainly focused on products for optical and illumination simulation. Integra, Inc..
- Provider The Trusted Design Chain Company www
Provider of tools to develop bug-free and zero-default products and systems while reducing their overall design and validation cycle. The Trusted Design Chain Company.
- Provides Semantic Designs www
Provides automated software engineering tools in the areas of legacy migration, Designs, software measurement and analysis, custom compilers and program transformation tools. Semantic Designs.
- Alexa: Software Engineering Software
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Software Engineering Software
- DMOZ: Software Engineering Software
dmoz.org Directory: Software Engineering Software