Software engineering is a broadly defined discipline involving the development, architecture or 'engineering' of software systems. It integrates the many aspects of programming, from requirement gathering, initial planning, writing and maintaining code, meeting budgets, all to produce affordable, quality software. Software Engineering Software Computers.
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Software Engineering is the application of engineering to the development of software in a systematic method.
- Software engineering Category
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - A Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, is a Bachelor's degree awarded for an undergraduate course or program in the Information technology field. The degree is normally required in order to work in the Information technology industry.
- Bachelor of Software Engineering - A Bachelor of Software Engineering is an undergraduate academic degree awarded for completing a program of study in the field of software development for computers in information technology.
- Software craftsmanship - Software craftsmanship is an approach to software development that emphasizes the coding skills of the software developers themselves.
- Software Engineering Institute - The Software Engineering Institute is an American research and development center headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Its activities cover cybersecurity, software assurance, software engineering and acquisition, and component capabilities critical to the Department of Defense.
- Engineering disciplines
- Offers Netron Incorporated www
Offers products and services to help accelerate e-business implementation through legacy renewal and reengineering. Netron Incorporated.
- Contains PERA Enterprise Integration Web Site www
Contains information on the PERA Enterprise Model including planning, Enterprise Integration Web Site, reference architecture and project execution principles. PERA Enterprise Integration Web Site.
- Offers TheDevShop www
Offers tools and add-ons to enhance the Cool:Gen development environment. TheDevShop.
- Develops Critical Software www
Develops and markets software products for business and mission critical information systems, Software, and provide consulting and engineering services for enterprises. Critical Software.
- Provides Offshore Software Success www
Provides news, Software Success, commentary, tips, how to, and best practices for outsourcing software development and hiring freelance programming talent. Offshore Software Success.
- Providing Vanteon www
Providing outsourced Windows software design, Vanteon, development, quality assurance and testing services and solutions. Vanteon.
- Software Software Productivity Research www
Software process management articles, Productivity Research, tools, and consulting, led by Capers Jones. Software Productivity Research.
- Events, SESA - Systems Engineering Society of Australia www
Events, Systems Engineering Society of Australia, forum, regional chapters, resources, management. SESA - Systems Engineering Society of Australia.
- Develops microTOOL www
Develops and support tools for software engineering, microTOOL, process control, version and configuration management. microTOOL.
- The Software Engineering Radio www
The podcast provides lasting tutorials and interviews for professional software developers. Software Engineering Radio.
- SEI Software Engineering Institute (SEI) www
SEI is a federal research center whose mission is to advance the state of the practice of software engineering to improve the quality of systems that depend on software. Engineering Institute (SEI). SEI accomplishes this mission by promoting the evolution of software engineering from an ad hoc, labor-intensive activity to a discipline that is well managed and supported by technology. Software Engineering Institute (SEI).
- Systems GTD www
Systems engineering high-tech company leader in space, GTD, defense, science, and energy. GTD.
- Microsoft Hendrickson Components www
Microsoft DNA software architects, Components, software engineering, and development. Hendrickson Components.
- Provides Software Architecture, Architects and Architecting www
Provides resources for software architects, Architecture, Architects and Architecting, answers such questions as "what is software architecture" and "why is it important", and covers the architecting process and role of the architect. Software Architecture, Architects and Architecting.
- A International Function Point User Group www
A non-profit organization promoting the use of function point analysis and other software metrics. International Function Point User Group.
- A Newman & Spurr Consultancy Ltd www
A software engineering company based in Camberley, & Spurr Consultancy Ltd, Surrey, specialising in simulations, mathematical modelling, wargames, operational analysis, graphical interfaces and database design. Newman & Spurr Consultancy Ltd.
- Improve Software Research, Inc. www
Improve customer delivered software quality through research, Research, Inc., design, and implementation of the world's best tools for software testing and quality assurance, functional testing, requirements testing, coverage analysis, regression testing, WebSite testing, embedded system testing, with full support for Java, C, C++, COBOL, Ada, Fortran. Software Research, Inc..
- Provides Dr Patch Limited www
Provides commercial software patches and with the most recent software updates. Patch Limited. Email notification available. Dr Patch Limited.
- Provides Teoco Corporation www
Provides solutions for distributed information systems in such industries as telecommunications, Corporation, energy, and financial services. Specialize in the areas of software engineering, systems engineering, application systems development, Internet technologies, database solutions, network solutions, and systems integration. Teoco Corporation.
- A Analyst Pro www
A tool for systems analysts and software engineers to manage software requirements and test cases throughout the system life cycle. Analyst Pro.
- Describes RAISE www
Describes a language, RAISE, method and tools known as the Rigorous Approach to Industrial Software Engineering. RAISE.
- Provides David Consulting Group www
Provides CMMI and software process improvement, Consulting Group, software measurement, sizing, metrics, and benchmarking and function point counting consulting. David Consulting Group.
- Survival Crib Notes: NASA's Success Checklist www
9 Dos and 8 Don'ts for software project success, Crib Notes: NASA's Success Checklist, from NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. (Sample chapter from Steve McConnell's book Software Project Survival Guide.) Survival Crib Notes: NASA's Success Checklist.
- Case Medical Devices: The Therac-25 www
Case study of a well known software error. Medical Devices: The Therac-25.
- The Guide to the SWEBOK www
The IEEE's Software Engineering Body of Knowledge categorizes the domain of software engineering. the SWEBOK. Available online, the document describes the generally accepted knowledge required of software engineers. Guide to the SWEBOK.
- The Code Complete Official Website www
The author -Steve Mcconnell - talks about his experiences in the field of software engineering and more specifically on best practices in the Software Construction phase. Code Complete Official Website.
- The SOQUA´04 www
The 1st International Workshop on Software Quality, SOQUA´04, held in conjunction with the Net.ObjectDays 2004. Erfurt, Germany; 27--30 September 2004. SOQUA´04.
- Software STAREAST www
Software Testing Analysis and Review Conference, STAREAST, Orlando, FL. Provides software testers and engineers with an advanced software testing forum. STAREAST.
- A CM Today www
A source for online daily configuration management news. CM Today.
- This Bibliography on Software Configuration Management www
This bibliography is a part of the Computer Science Bibliography Collection. Bibliography on Software Configuration Management.
- Whiteboards Whiteboard Modeling Tips and Techniques www
Whiteboards are the most common modeling tool in use today. Modeling Tips and Techniques. This essay explores how to model effectively on a whiteboard. Whiteboard Modeling Tips and Techniques.
- Basic Software Information www
Basic introductory information regarding the development of software. Information. Seems to be targeted towards novices. Software Information.
- Offers EMS HiTech www
Offers products database administration; data management utilities; and Delphi/C++Builder components. EMS HiTech.
- Offers The Internet Multicasting Service www
Offers metadata management and suite of information management tools. Internet Multicasting Service. Highlights timeline of organization and Internet milestones and describes current initiatives. The Internet Multicasting Service.
- Alexa: Software Engineering Software
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Software Engineering Software
- DMOZ: Software Engineering Software
dmoz.org Directory: Software Engineering Software