Computer programs for the creation of text documents, intended to be printed and viewed by people. Although there are still machines dedicated only to word processing, most word processing is performed on general-purpose computers using word processing software. Most word processing programs allow text editing, word wrap and centering, search and replace, text move and copy, layout settings such as margins, line spacing, font changes, underlining, boldface, italics, headers, footers, page numbers, print preview, and similar functions, dedicated to affecting the look of the content after printing. Many allow insertion of graphics, or clip art. Word Processors Software Computers.
- Wikipedia: A word processor is an electronic device or computer software application that performs the task of composing, editing, formatting, and printing of documents.
- Amstrad PCW - The Amstrad PCW series is a range of personal computers produced by British company Amstrad from 1985 to 1998, and also sold under licence in Europe as the "Joyce" by the German electronics company Schneider in the early years of the series' life.
- Authoring systems - An authoring system is a program that has pre-programmed elements for the development of interactive multimedia software titles. Authoring systems can be defined as software that allows its user to create multimedia applications for manipulating multimedia objects.
- Canon Cat - The Canon Cat is a task-dedicated, desktop computer released by Canon Inc. in 1987 at a price of. On the surface it was not unlike the dedicated word processors popular in the late 1970s to early 1980s, but it is far more powerful and incorporates many unique ideas for data manipulation.
- Content management system - A content management system is a computer application that supports the creation and modification of digital content. It typically supports multiple users in a collaborative environment.
- CPT Word Processors - CPT Corporation was founded in 1971 by Dean Scheff in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with co-founders James Wienhold and Richard Eichhorn.
- Document collaboration - Document and file collaboration are the tools or systems set up to help multiple people work together on a single document or file to achieve a single final version.
- Word processors
- Computing terminology
- Made FormatEase www
Made by Guilford Publications to format text to APA style guidelines. FormatEase.
- Freeware RoughDraft www
Freeware word processor. RoughDraft. It has features specifically designed for writers of novels, short stories, articles, poetry, plays and screenplays. RoughDraft.
- Online TemplateZone www
Online store for small businesses that provides Microsoft Office templates and HTML email software. TemplateZone.
- Windows AXARScan www
Windows or DOS program with text extractor, AXARScan, bit editor, search, and multi-level undo. AXARScan.
- Meant Lekhani www
Meant for typing in English along with Indian languages, Lekhani, such as DevNagri Script with a planned Gujrati version. Lekhani.
- Mainly Word Processors: Stupid and Inefficient www
Mainly a polemic in favor of TeX over word processors, Processors: Stupid and Inefficient, but also providing a general idea of how traditional (non-desktop) publishing works and what professionals value (or dislike) in a publishing data format. Word Processors: Stupid and Inefficient.
- Creates Summitsoft www
Creates Arabic-English and Urdu-English documents for Windows platforms. Summitsoft. Also, developers of Arabic Edit and Urdu Edit ActiveX controls. Summitsoft.
- Designed XyWrite www
Designed for colleges and universities. XyWrite. Site provides online support, numerous downloads and additional information. XyWrite.
- Features Jarte www
Features include RTF and DOC support, Jarte, OLE support, tabbed document access, spell check, page breaks, print preview, clipboard history, online reference bar. Jarte.
- Developer Word Place www
Developer of Yeah Write!, Place, a shareware text creator that uses a fill-in-the-blanks approach. [Win95/98/Me/NT/2000] Word Place.
- Create Google Docs www
Create and edit web-based documents, Docs, spreadsheets, and presentations. Store documents online and access them from any computer. Google Docs.
- Virtu Accenter www
Virtu Software offers this fully configurable tool that provides insertion of accented letters, Accenter, Spanish and French punctuation; also Greek letters, wingdings, and math symbols are provided. Accenter.
- A SpeedType Transcription Software www
A Windows-based text storage and transfer utility designed to work concurrently with other applications. SpeedType Transcription Software.
- Complete Bookman Pro www
Complete handbook compiler for writing, Pro, arranging and producing handbooks or other structured documentation. Features include output to Rich Text Format and Basic HTML, built in thesaurus, graphics and object scaling and automatic updates via the Internet. Bookman Pro.
- A WhizFolders www
A shareware notepad that will organize notes and ideas with hypertext links and multiple window editing, WhizFolders, features printable notes with table of contents. [Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000] WhizFolders.
- Features WordExpress www
Features include WYSIWYG editing and customizable tool bar. WordExpress. Site provides slide show tour, product comparison table and updates. WordExpress.
- Features Atlantis www
Features WYSIWYG editing, Atlantis, encryption, multiple user settings, and a wide variety of directories for spell-checking. Atlantis.
- Makers Unitype www
Makers of Global Writer, Unitype, a multilingual tool and Global Office, an add-on to Microsoft Office to allow multiple language typing. Unitype.
- Featuring WordStar Resource Site www
Featuring WordStar updates, Resource Site, bug fixes, file format converters and other utilities, plus other tips and tricks. Also includes instructions for running WordStar for DOS within Windows and downloadable WordStar command emulators for Microsoft Word. WordStar discussion forums. WordStar Resource Site.
- Multilingual LexiGraf www
Multilingual lexicography desktop publishing software. LexiGraf.
- Allows WaverlyStreet QuickNote www
Allows users to create the same pieces of text over and over again. WaverlyStreet QuickNote.
- Developers Nota Bene www
Developers of academic writing and research tools, Bene, such as Scholar's Workstation, Nota Bene, Ibidem, Orbis, Ibid, and Lingua Workstation; Site provides online brochure, support, downloads, pricing and FAQs. Nota Bene.
- Freeware GNU TeXmacs www
Freeware tool for extensible, TeXmacs, structured and WYSIWYG technical documents. Can also be used as an interface to computer algebra systems. GNU TeXmacs.
- Makers Capsoft Development www
Makers of HotDocs documentation automation software used extensively by law firms, Development, corporations, government, insurance, and medical professionals. Capsoft Development.
- Allows Volga Writer www
Allows writing of Russian and English. Writer. Features Cyrillic fonts, history and keyboard layouts. Volga Writer.
- Create Z-Write www
Create sections in the lefthand frame, Z-Write, enter the text in the full-size page area on the right. Navigate through large documents by inserting named bookmarks via the utilities menu. Z-Write.
- An AbiWord www
An open source (freeware) word processing program. AbiWord.
- Abbreviation Sylvan Software www
Abbreviation expanders and utilities for medical transcriptionists and typists. Sylvan Software.
- Links WordPerfect vs Word Centre www
Links to many articles comparing different versions of the two leading PC word processors, Word Centre, and a message board. WordPerfect vs Word Centre.
- Reviews Microsoft Word www
Reviews on Microsoft Word written by consumers at Epinions. Word.com. Microsoft Word.
- Monthly Design Tools Monthly www
Monthly newsletter summarizing stories from trade publications and web sites. Tools Monthly. Provides updates, bug fixes, shareware, plug-ins, fonts and utilities for Macintosh users. Design Tools Monthly.
- Participate Desktop Publishing Forum www
Participate in an exchange of information on aspects of publishing in print or on the web. Desktop Publishing Forum.
- Tekstverwerker EditPad Pro www
Tekstverwerker met extra functionaliteiten om bestanden te vergelijken en een hexadecimale modus. Pro. Nieuws, algemene informatie, mogelijkheid op een nieuwsbrief te abonneren en een evaluatieversie te downloaden. Ook in het Engels. EditPad Pro.
- Beheerssoftware MIT Office www
Beheerssoftware bij het aanmaken van documenten. Office. Nieuws, algemene informatie, producten en een afgeschermd gedeelte voor klanten. MIT Office.
- A Source Edit www
A free code editor that supports most of the common computer languages out there. Source Edit.
- An KEDIT www
An XEDIT-compatible text editor for Windows 95/98/NT from the Mansfield Software Group. KEDIT. [Commercial] KEDIT.
- Specializes Infocon www
Specializes in legacy document and form conversion, Infocon, and training. Includes company profile and services offered. Infocon.
- Short, FrameMaker Quick Help www
Short, Quick Help, online help site of the basic things that are forgotten and common tasks. FrameMaker Quick Help.
- Contains The LaTeX3 Project www
Contains information and articles describing the project to produce a new version of LaTeX. The LaTeX3 Project.
- Descriptions TeX and LaTeX Books www
Descriptions and opinions on various TeX and LaTeX books. TeX and LaTeX Books.
- Alexa: Word Processors Software
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Word Processors Software
- DMOZ: Word Processors Software
dmoz.org Directory: Word Processors Software