This section is for web sites featuring speech technology products, projects and research that is particularly directed towards Linux, Unix and-or open source but not portable to non Linux-Unix platforms. Linux Speech Technology Computers.
The development of Linux is one of the most prominent examples of free and open-source software collaboration. (wikipedia)
- Linux A Unix-like computer operating system assembled under the model of free and open-source...
- Linux kernel A monolithic Unix-like computer operating system kernel.
- Linux distribution An operating system made from a software collection, which is based upon the Linux kernel and...
- 9885 Linux An asteroid.
- Multi-lingual The MBROLA Project www
Multi-lingual text to speech synthesis. MBROLA Project. Free multi platform software download for research purposes. The MBROLA Project.
- Festival The Festival Speech Synthesis System www
Festival is a general multi-lingual speech synthesis system developed at CSTR. Festival Speech Synthesis System. It offers a full text to speech system with various APIs, as well an environment for development and research of speech synthesis techniques. The Festival Speech Synthesis System.
- Speech Open Mind Speech Project www
Speech recognition project for Linux. Mind Speech Project. Designed so that it can be easily integrated into any application or window manager as well as the KDE and Ggnome desktop environments. Open Mind Speech Project.
- Special Unix Speech Recognition www
Special Synapse TAP Workstation translates speech into mouse events and keystrokes to control all environments - Unix, Speech Recognition, mainfame, and Mac with speech recognition. Unix Speech Recognition.
- CVoiceControl CVoiceControl www
CVoiceControl is a speech recognition system that allows the user to connect spoken commands to Unix commands. CVoiceControl.
- Openmind FreeSpeech - Free Speech Recognition for Linux www
Openmind (Freespeech) is a free speech recognition project for Linux It will be designed so that it can be easily integrated into any application or windowmanager as well as the kde and gnome desktop environments FreeSpeech - Free Speech Recognition for Linux.
- collects VoxForge www
collects transcribed speech (to create a speech corpus) for the creation of acoustic models for Free and Open Source speech recognition engines. VoxForge.
- Speech Speech Computing www
Speech recognition user group forum. Speech Computing.
- Voice HAL Hits the Home www
Voice recognition software (with product names HAL2000) for Windows 95/98 that supports air conditioning, Hits the Home, telephony, infrared, Internet, X-10 and security - for use in home systems. Site gives audio examples of the interactions possible. HAL Hits the Home.
- Alexa: Linux Speech Technology
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Linux Speech Technology
- DMOZ: Linux Speech Technology
dmoz.org Directory: Linux Speech Technology