This section contains links for sites involved in speech synthesis, text to speech processing or vendors selling such things. Speech Synthesis Speech Technology Computers.
Speech synthesis is the artificial production of human speech. A computer system used for this purpose is called a speech computer or speech synthesizer, and can be implemented in software or hardware products. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Speech synthesis is the artificial production of human speech. A computer system used for this purpose is called a speech computer or speech synthesizer, and can be implemented in software or hardware products. A text-to-speech system converts normal language text into speech; other systems render symbolic linguistic representations like phonetic transcriptions into speech.
- Speech synthesis Category
- Auditory displays
- History of human?computer interaction
- Artificial intelligence applications
- Assistive technology
- Computational linguistics
- Site Web Site Speech Plug-in www
Site provides a free, Site Speech Plug-in, cross platform (Windows and MacOS), cross browser (Netscape and IE) plug-in that gives web sites the ability to talk by transforming text to speech. Web Site Speech Plug-in.
- A German text-to-speech systems www
A commented overview of commercial and scientific TTS (text-to-speech) -systems for the German language with examples. German text-to-speech systems.
- Text RC Systems www
Text to speech synthesis products. Systems. Boards, modules, and chips. Downloadable data sheets and product information. RC Systems.
- Institute CompSpeak 2050 www
Institute for the Study of Talking Computers and Oral Culture. 2050. The Institute's mission is to study the social, cultural, and philosophical implications of talking computers and voice recognition technology. Site taking orders for a pre-publishing book having a provocative viewpoint on the impact of talking computers. CompSpeak 2050.
- A Introduction to the Java Speech API www
A short introduction to speech synthesis with the Java speech API 1. the Java Speech API.0 Introduction to the Java Speech API.
- Collection Demonstrations of Simulated Emotional Speech www
Collection of links and sound-examples of simulated emotional speech by synthesis. Demonstrations of Simulated Emotional Speech.
- Online TalkingOnline.com www
Online speech-synthesizer with very limited capabilities. TalkingOnline.com.
- Provides Sayvoice www
Provides text to speech software for natural voice. Sayvoice. Online demo, screen shots, and voice samples. Sayvoice.
- Directory Text-to-Speech, Occidental Communications www
Directory of TTS links. Text-to-Speech, Occidental Communications.
- Provides Phobos Soft www
Provides a speech synthesizer for the Romanian language, Soft, and audio applications for speech/music effects. On-line speech synthesizer demo. Phobos Soft.
- Convert SpokenText.net a free online text to audio converter www
Convert Microsoft Word, free online text to audio converter, Acrobat PDF, PowerPoint, plain text files, web pages, and emails to spoken audio which you can then listen to online or transfer to your iPod. News, tutorials, and product features. SpokenText.net a free online text to audio converter.
- Focus InfoQuick Software Technology Corp. www
Focus on speech technology research and development in Chinese language, Software Technology Corp., including TTS and ASR. InfoQuick Software Technology Corp..
- The NeXTeNS: Text-to-Speech for Dutch www
The NeXTeNS project aims at developing a modern, Text-to-Speech for Dutch, clean, multi-platform, open source text-to-speech system for Dutch that is freely available for research and education purposes using Mbrola and Festival components. Initiated by University of Nijmegen and the University of Tilburg. NeXTeNS: Text-to-Speech for Dutch.
- Commented Moehler's Speech Synthesis Examples www
Commented examples of speech synthesis for 25 languages. Moehler's Speech Synthesis Examples.
- TextSpeak(tm) Voice Synthesis IC and Speech Synthesizer chips www
TextSpeak(tm) speech synthesis chip sets and plug-in modules accept RS-232 text, Synthesis IC and Speech Synthesizer chips, keyboard and wireless input. Low cost, unlimited vocabulary, designed for consumer and VARs. Purchase online. Voice Synthesis IC and Speech Synthesizer chips.
- Text-To-Speech Digalo TTS engine www
Text-To-Speech engine for Microsoft Agent and SAPI compliant applications. TTS engine. Available in 7 languages (French, German, Spanish, US English, British, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese). Licensed Elan TTS-engine. Download free trial. Digalo TTS engine.
- The Speech Synthesis Markup Language www
The current version of the (draft) proposal for an XML-based Speech Synthesis Markup Language, Synthesis Markup Language, as part of the W3C's Speech Interface Framework. This is an industry standard in the making. Speech Synthesis Markup Language.
- Provides SpeechArabia www
Provides Arabic / multi language voice interface solutions, SpeechArabia, for individuals and corporate. Initial offerings focus on tect to speech applications. SpeechArabia.
- Overview Speech Synthesis www
Overview article from free encyclopedia Wikipedia. Speech Synthesis.
- Interactive Tutorial On Speech Synthesis www
Interactive tutorial of speech synthesis technology by German university. Tutorial On Speech Synthesis.
- Markets Advanced Technology and Research www
Markets a variety of speech products for industry including voiceprint, Technology and Research, text to speech and airport security systems. Good online text to speech demo. Advanced Technology and Research.
- Prosody-filter Emofilt www
Prosody-filter to simulate emotional arousal with speech synthesis based on the free-for-non-commercial-use MBROLA synthesis engine available in Java. Emofilt.
- Desktop Alive Text to Speech www
Desktop Reader, Text to Speech, converts to MP3, WAV, OGG or VOX files from AliveMedia. Trial version downloadable. Alive Text to Speech.
- CoolSpeech ByteCool Software Inc. www
CoolSpeech is a text-to-speech player for Windows, Software Inc., listen to online news, emails, local text documents, typing, tell the time and date, convert text into wav files. ByteCool Software Inc..
- A UMBC Agent Web www
A collection of web pages on intelligent software agents, Agent Web, knowbots, KQML, SATP, active information integration and agent-oriented systems UMBC Agent Web.
- A Eliza's Brain www
A Perl based framework to develop your own chatterbot, Brain, that can run on any platform. Included is IRC and CGI modules. Eliza's Brain.
- Text-to-speech CereProc www
Text-to-speech products with live demo and download store for desktop voices. CereProc.
- TTS Loquendo www
TTS manufacturer from Italy, Loquendo, support for many languages, online demonstration available. Loquendo.
- Provider G2 Speech www
Provider of customised speech recognition and digital dictation systems for the medical and legal sectors. Speech. Has operations in Holland and the UK. G2 Speech.
- Provides vozZup www
Provides solutions for modern self-service applications. vozZup. Expertise covers all aspects of speech recognition systems, ranging from voice user Interface design, to VoiceXML applications built on modern application frameworks. News and listing of current projects. vozZup.
- Alexa: Speech Synthesis Speech Technology
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Speech Synthesis Speech Technology
- DMOZ: Speech Synthesis Speech Technology
dmoz.org Directory: Speech Synthesis Speech Technology