A Voice Portal is a consumer or business application that accept user's speech input via a telephone or microphone, gathers the requested information from the Internet, and speaks it back over the telephone in either a computerized or recorded voice. Voice Portals Speech Technology Computers.
- Wikipedia: Voice portals are the voice equivalent of web portals, giving access to information through spoken commands and voice responses. Ideally a voice portal could be an access point for any type of information, services, or transactions found on the Internet. Common uses include movie time listings and stock trading.
- Call avoidance - Call avoidance is a popular strategy implemented to reduce inbound call volumes to contact centers in the customer service industry, particularly in the consumer market.
- Mobile Search - Mobile search is an evolving branch of information retrieval services that is centered on the convergence of mobile platforms and mobile phones, or that it can be used to tell information about something and other mobile devices.
- Mobile local search - Mobile local search is a technology that lets people search for local things using mobile equipment such as mobile phones, PDAs, and other mobile devices.
- Speech recognition
- Natural language processing
- Provider VoicePort, LLC www
Provider of speech recognition applications, LLC, with focus on niche markets. Product descriptions, executive team profiles, technology overview, white papers, and news. VoicePort, LLC.
- Provides VariTalk www
Provides a platform for voice response systems. VariTalk.
- Provides Holly Australia www
Provides wide range of speech recognition services including call centers, Australia, mobile networks, portals, finance, human resources, customer service and hosting. Holly Australia.
- Algeria Timgad Holding www
Algeria based Timgad Group provides IVR, Holding, voice portal, auto attendant or directory check applications. Also biometrics. Timgad Holding.
- Voice CreaLog www
Voice portal solutions for Europe using speech recognition, CreaLog, TTS and voice logging. CreaLog.
- Provides NewVoiceMedia www
Provides VoiceXML and voice portal services in the UK and soon in other European countries. NewVoiceMedia.
- Provides SpeechConcept www
Provides services for the development and delivery of high end speech dialog systems including all voice controlled applications, SpeechConcept, speech recognition, and speech synthesis. SpeechConcept.
- Intelligent Angel Voice Sites www
Intelligent voice sites for small and medium businesses and individuals. Voice Sites. Create speech recognition applications online including ability for interactive dialog, in minutes, starting at $9.95 per month. Good demos. Angel Voice Sites.
- British Eckoh Voice Portal www
British portal at 08701 101010, Voice Portal, with email, news, and m-commerce. Cost from 2p/min. Eckoh Voice Portal.
- Provides LogicTree www
Provides high tech voice portal tools for VXML and WML sites. LogicTree.
- Features eWings Multilingual Voice Portal Services Provider www
Features voice portal, Multilingual Voice Portal Services Provider, unified messaging, call center, voice XML based services for customized talking Web-based information applications. eWings Multilingual Voice Portal Services Provider.
- Offers Eloquant www
Offers a carrier-grade platform providing VXML 2. Eloquant.0 hosting in France and in Europe. Includes developer documentation, guide to product and training services and profile of the company. Eloquant.
- Tellme Tellme Networks www
Tellme 800 services allow voice query for stocks, Networks, sports, news, weather, and horoscopes. Tellme Networks.
- Provider Zamano www
Provider of mobile services in the UK, Zamano, Australia and Ireland. Press information, client listing, and product descriptions. Zamano.
- Offers Verbatim Careers Institute www
Offers training for careers made possible by advances in speech recognition technology. Careers Institute. Application, program details, and career information. Verbatim Careers Institute.
- Supplies Rubidium Ltd. www
Supplies speech processing chips and solution for resource constrained consumer applications, Ltd., including speech recognition, text-to-speech (TTS), biometric speaker verification, speech compression and speech detection. News and events, technology information, and downloads. Rubidium Ltd..
- Alexa: Voice Portals Speech Technology
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Voice Portals Speech Technology
- DMOZ: Voice Portals Speech Technology
dmoz.org Directory: Voice Portals Speech Technology