A Voice Portal is a consumer or business application that accept user's speech input via a telephone or microphone, gathers the requested information from the Internet, and speaks it back over the telephone in either a computerized or recorded voice. Voice Portals Speech Technology Computers.
- Wikipedia: Voice portals are the voice equivalent of web portals, giving access to information through spoken commands and voice responses. Ideally a voice portal could be an access point for any type of information, services, or transactions found on the Internet. Common uses include movie time listings and stock trading.
- Call avoidance - Call avoidance is a popular strategy implemented to reduce inbound call volumes to contact centers in the customer service industry, particularly in the consumer market.
- Mobile Search - Mobile search is an evolving branch of information retrieval services that is centered on the convergence of mobile platforms and mobile phones, or that it can be used to tell information about something and other mobile devices.
- Mobile local search - Mobile local search is a technology that lets people search for local things using mobile equipment such as mobile phones, PDAs, and other mobile devices.
- Speech recognition
- Natural language processing
- Provides SpeechConcept www
Provides services for the development and delivery of high end speech dialog systems including all voice controlled applications, SpeechConcept, speech recognition, and speech synthesis. SpeechConcept.
- Offers Eloquant www
Offers a carrier-grade platform providing VXML 2. Eloquant.0 hosting in France and in Europe. Includes developer documentation, guide to product and training services and profile of the company. Eloquant.
- Algeria Timgad Holding www
Algeria based Timgad Group provides IVR, Holding, voice portal, auto attendant or directory check applications. Also biometrics. Timgad Holding.
- Provider VoicePort, LLC www
Provider of speech recognition applications, LLC, with focus on niche markets. Product descriptions, executive team profiles, technology overview, white papers, and news. VoicePort, LLC.
- Provides NewVoiceMedia www
Provides VoiceXML and voice portal services in the UK and soon in other European countries. NewVoiceMedia.
- Provider Zamano www
Provider of mobile services in the UK, Zamano, Australia and Ireland. Press information, client listing, and product descriptions. Zamano.
- Intelligent Angel Voice Sites www
Intelligent voice sites for small and medium businesses and individuals. Voice Sites. Create speech recognition applications online including ability for interactive dialog, in minutes, starting at $9.95 per month. Good demos. Angel Voice Sites.
- Provides VariTalk www
Provides a platform for voice response systems. VariTalk.
- British Eckoh Voice Portal www
British portal at 08701 101010, Voice Portal, with email, news, and m-commerce. Cost from 2p/min. Eckoh Voice Portal.
- Provides LogicTree www
Provides high tech voice portal tools for VXML and WML sites. LogicTree.
- Voice CreaLog www
Voice portal solutions for Europe using speech recognition, CreaLog, TTS and voice logging. CreaLog.
- Features eWings Multilingual Voice Portal Services Provider www
Features voice portal, Multilingual Voice Portal Services Provider, unified messaging, call center, voice XML based services for customized talking Web-based information applications. eWings Multilingual Voice Portal Services Provider.
- Provides Holly Australia www
Provides wide range of speech recognition services including call centers, Australia, mobile networks, portals, finance, human resources, customer service and hosting. Holly Australia.
- Tellme Tellme Networks www
Tellme 800 services allow voice query for stocks, Networks, sports, news, weather, and horoscopes. Tellme Networks.
- Provides Speechworkers www
Provides Arabic and English speech enabled solutions for telecom operators and service providers, Speechworkers, text to speech and speech recognition applications and solutions. Technology overview, news and press releases, and partner programs. Speechworkers.
- TMA Speech Recognition News and Studies www
TMA Associates publishes Speech Recognition Update, Recognition News and Studies, an industry newsletter on the business, products, markets, and companies in speech recognition, text-to-speech, and speaker verification. The site contains headlines and recent news, as well as descriptions of TMA conferences and market studies in speech recognition. Speech Recognition News and Studies.
- Alexa: Voice Portals Speech Technology
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Voice Portals Speech Technology
- DMOZ: Voice Portals Speech Technology
dmoz.org Directory: Voice Portals Speech Technology