A supercomputer is, generally, a really big and fast computer. The standard of what exactly constitutes a supercomputer has evolved with the capabilities of the computing industry. Supercomputers contain many processors and often take up entire rooms. They can do anything a normal computer can do, but usually much, much faster. This section contains information about supercomputers, including (but not limited to) companies that manufacture supercomputers, supercomputing facilities, news articles about supercomputers, and supercomputing conferences. Information about writing programs to run on supercomputers is in Computers-Parallel_Computing. Supercomputing Computers.
A supercomputer is a computer with a high-level computational capacity compared to a general-purpose computer. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A supercomputer is a computer with a high level of computing performance compared to a general-purpose computer. Performance of a supercomputer is measured in floating-point operations per second instead of million instructions per second. As of 2015, there are supercomputers which can perform up to quadrillions of FLOPS, measured in PFLOPS. The majority of supercomputers today run Linux-based operating systems.
- ACM/IEEE Supercomputing Conference - SC, the International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis, is the name of the annual conference established in 1988 by the Association for Computing Machinery and the IEEE Computer Society. In 2016, about 11,000 people participated overall.
- Jungle computing - Jungle computing is a form of high performance computing that distributes computational work across cluster, grid and cloud computing.
- Nvidia Tesla Personal Supercomputer - The Tesla Personal Supercomputer is a desktop computer that is backed by Nvidia and built by Dell, Lenovo and other companies.
- Parallel computing - Parallel computing is a type of computation in which many calculations or the execution of processes are carried out simultaneously. Large problems can often be divided into smaller ones, which can then be solved at the same time.
- Supercomputing in China - China operates a number of supercomputer centers which have held world records in speed.
- Supercomputing in Europe
- Concurrent computing
- Cluster computing
- Distributed computing architecture
- Parallel computing
- The National Center For Supercomputing www
Information about supercomputing applications and research in the United States. National Center For Supercomputing.
- Cray Inc. www
Official site for the supercomputers company. Inc.. Includes details of products, job opportunities, and investor information.
- Monthly Primeur www
Monthly newsletter about European high performance computing developments. Primeur. Back issues available. Primeur.
- Offers ICC at Lawrence Livermore National Lab www
Offers current scientific and networking research information. ICC at Lawrence Livermore National Lab.
- Links Coalition for Academic Scientific Computation www
Links to member institutions and published papers. Coalition for Academic Scientific Computation.
- A Advanced Simulation and Computing www
A United States government initiative to develop simulation capabilities suitable for weapons testing. Simulation and Computing. Program details and links to university partners. Advanced Simulation and Computing.
- Organization National Partnership for Advanced Computational Infrastructure www
Organization created to develop a national supercomputing infrastructure. Partnership for Advanced Computational Infrastructure. Links to resources, current research projects, and outreach programs. National Partnership for Advanced Computational Infrastructure.
- Ranking Top 500 Supercomputers www
Ranking of supercomputers according to the LINPACK benchmark. 500 Supercomputers. Links to news articles. Top 500 Supercomputers.
- Available The Journal of Supercomputing www
Available in print and online. Journal of Supercomputing. Searchable archives available to subscribers. The Journal of Supercomputing.
- Development Scandal Supercomputing Project www
Development of a portable environment for programming supercomputers. Supercomputing Project. Project information and resources about parallel programming. Scandal Supercomputing Project.
- Provides Texas Advanced Computing Center www
Provides computing resources to enhance research development capabilities. Texas Advanced Computing Center.
- News HPCwire www
News portal covering the high performance computing industry. HPCwire. Includes whitepapers, blogs, conference listings and job search. HPCwire.
- Essay A History of Supercomputing at Florida State University www
Essay written by Jeff Bauer in early 1991. A History of Supercomputing at Florida State University.
- A Supercomputers www
A history of supercomputing. Supercomputers.
- National TeraGrid.org www
National Science Foundation's effort to build and deploy the world's largest distributed infrastructure for open scientific research. TeraGrid.org. Information about partners and funding. TeraGrid.org.
- Includes Supercomputing Online www
Includes news, Online, analysis, and discussion about supercomputing. Supercomputing Online.
- Facility Advanced Biomedical Computing Center www
Facility provides computing support and technology to the scientists of the National Cancer Institute (NCI), Biomedical Computing Center, National Institutes of Health (NIH), and extramural biomedical researchers. Advanced Biomedical Computing Center.
- A Scyld ClusterWare www
A Linux distribution with modifications for clustering. ClusterWare. Product information and vendor list. Scyld ClusterWare.
- A OSCAR www
A bundle of software for making Linux clusters. OSCAR. Source code, hardware notes, and documentation. OSCAR.
- Supplier GraphStream www
Supplier visualization and high-performance computing systems. GraphStream. Based in Belmont, California. GraphStream.
- SRC SRC Computers, Inc. www
SRC sells scalable and reconfigurable supercomputers. SRC Computers, Inc..
- International International Supercomputer Conference www
International Supercomputer Conference. Supercomputer Conference. Heidelberg, Germany. International Supercomputer Conference.
- Free Cray-Cyber www
Free interactive access to historical supercomputers such as a Cray Y-MP EL running UNICOS or a Cyber 960 running NOS. Cray-Cyber.
- Links SuperComputing Resources on the Internet www
Links to vendors, Resources on the Internet, supercomputing facilities, and software tools. SuperComputing Resources on the Internet.
- Information Supercomputing and Parallel Computing Resources www
Information on conferences, and Parallel Computing Resources, research groups, vendors, and supercomputers. Supercomputing and Parallel Computing Resources.
- An Grid Computing Info Centre www
An initiative to establish a global grid of computing power. Computing Info Centre. Links to conferences, development, and related information. Grid Computing Info Centre.
- Academic Supercomputing and Parallel Computing Research Groups www
Academic research groups and projects related to parallel computing. Supercomputing and Parallel Computing Research Groups.
- Alexa: Supercomputing Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Supercomputing Computers
- DMOZ: Supercomputing Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Supercomputing Computers