The late founder of Cray Research. Seymour Cray Cray Supercomputing Computers.
Seymour Roger Cray (September 28, 1925 – October 5, 1996 ) was an American electrical engineer and supercomputer architect who designed a series of computers that were the fastest in the world for decades, and founded Cray Research which built many of these machines. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Seymour Roger Cray was an American electrical engineer and supercomputer architect who designed a series of computers that were the fastest in the world for decades, and founded Cray Research which built many of these machines. Called "the father of supercomputing," Cray has been credited with creating the supercomputer industry. Joel S. Birnbaum, then chief technology officer of Hewlett-Packard, said of him: "It seems impossible to exaggerate the effect he had on the industry; many of the things that high performance computers now do routinely were at the farthest edge of credibility when Seymour envisioned them."
- Charles Babbage Institute - The Charles Babbage Institute is a research center at the University of Minnesota specializing in the history of information technology, particularly the history of digital computing, programming/software, and computer networking since 1935.
- Cray-3/SSS - The Cray-3/SSS was a pioneering massively parallel supercomputer project that bonded a two-processor Cray-3 to a new SIMD processing unit based entirely in the computer's main memory.
- John Vincent Atanasoff - John Vincent Atanasoff was an American-Bulgarian physicist and inventor, best known for being credited with inventing the first electronic digital computer.
- Control Data Corporation
- Cray employees
- Howard N. Potts Medal recipients
- Computer designers
- American technology company founders
- American electrical engineers
- A In Honor of Seymour Cray www
A tribute and obituary for the late Seymour Cray. In Honor of Seymour Cray.
- Tribute Cray Memorial www
Tribute to Seymour Cray with many comments from visitors. Cray Memorial.
- Investor, Allen, Paul www
Investor, Paul, philanthropist and co-founder of Microsoft. Allen, Paul.
- Father Berkeley, Edmund C. www
Father of the Personal Computer Berkeley, Edmund C..
- Official Cray Inc. www
Official site for the supercomputers company. Inc.. Includes details of products, job opportunities, and investor information. Cray Inc..
- Free Cray-Cyber www
Free interactive access to historical supercomputers such as a Cray Y-MP EL running UNICOS or a Cyber 960 running NOS. Cray-Cyber.
- Alexa: Seymour Cray Cray
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Seymour Cray Cray
- DMOZ: Seymour Cray Cray
dmoz.org Directory: Seymour Cray Cray