A collection of computer hardware and operating systems components designed to work together. Often referred to as a "platform". Examples of common Computer Systems include the Intel PC, Macintosh, NeXT, Sun workstation, IBM AS-300, and HP 9000. Systems Computers.
In the 19th century the French physicist Nicolas Léonard Sadi Carnot, who studied thermodynamics, pioneered the development of the concept of a "system" in the natural sciences. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A system is a regularly interacting or interdependent group of items forming an integrated whole. Every system is delineated by its spatial and temporal boundaries, surrounded and influenced by its environment, described by its structure and purpose and expressed in its functioning.
- Physical system - In physics, a physical system is a portion of the physical universe chosen for analysis. Everything outside the system is known as the environment. The environment is ignored except for its effects on the system.
- Conceptual system - A conceptual system is a system that is composed of non-physical objects, i.e. ideas or concepts. In this context a system is taken to mean "an interrelated, interworking set of objects".
- Complex system - A complex system is a system composed of many components which may interact with each other. In many cases it is useful to represent such a system as a network where the nodes represent the components and the links their interactions.
- Formal system - A formal system is the name of a logic system usually defined in the mathematical way. Logical calculus is carried out in the system. It can represent a well-defined system of abstract thought. Spinoza's Ethics imitates the form of Euclid's Elements.
- Information system - An information system is an organized system for the collection, organization, storage and communication of information.
- Meta-system - Meta-systems have several definitions. In general, they link the concepts "system" and "meta-". A "meta-system" is about other systems, such as describing, generalizing, modelling, or analyzing the other system.
- Pictures, Old-Computers.com : Acorn www
Pictures, Acorn, specifications and some background information on all models made by Old-Computers.com : Acorn.
- Details The Acorn Atom pre-history www
Details and photographs of the industrial and educational systems Acorn produced, Acorn Atom pre-history, before turning to the consumer-orientated market. The Acorn Atom pre-history.
- This Amiga Related Books FAQ www
This FAQ is compiled as a service to the Amiga community. Related Books FAQ. It is an attempt to give the Amiga programmer and user an overview of useful books for his/her favorite computer. Amiga Related Books FAQ.
- Online AmigaZone www
Online resource for Amiga enthusiasts. AmigaZone.
- Information Ron's Amstrad PCW Page www
Information resource for Amstrad PCW computers Ron's Amstrad PCW Page.
- Official CPC++ www
Official homepage of CPC++, CPC++, a CPC emulator for MacOS, Linux, Solaris, etc. Also contains games, tools, and links for CPC++.
- Seller The Missing Bite www
Seller of Apple computer and Mac logo collectibles. Missing Bite. Offers online ordering and testimonials. The Missing Bite.
- Clones, Applefritter www
Clones, Applefritter, hacks, forums, IRC, parody, and obscure and unusual Apples. Applefritter.
- Subdomains, Atari.org www
Subdomains, Atari.org, news and hosted sites. Atari.org.
- Lists The U-M Software Archives www
Lists of Atari archives. The U-M Software Archives.
- Service Commodore Service Manuals www
Service manuals and programmer's guides for Commodore 8-bit computers and peripherals. Commodore Service Manuals.
- Public SYS PD/C64,C128 www
- Alexa: Systems Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Systems Computers
- DMOZ: Systems Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Systems Computers