Operating Systems Software Amiga Systems Computers.
An operating system ( OS ) is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources and provides common services for computer programs. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An operating system is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources and provides common services for computer programs.
- Antivirus software - Antivirus or anti-virus software, sometimes known as anti-malware software, is computer software used to prevent, detect and remove malicious software.
- Crash (computing) - In computing, a crash occurs when a computer program, such as a software application or an operating system, stops functioning properly and exits. The program responsible may appear to hang until a crash reporting service reports the crash and any details relating to it.
- Hypervisor - A hypervisor or virtual machine monitor is computer software, firmware or hardware that creates and runs virtual machines. A computer on which a hypervisor runs one or more virtual machines is called a host machine, and each virtual machine is called a guest machine.
- Interruptible operating system - An interruptible operating system is an operating system with ability to handle multiple interrupts concurrently, or in other words, which allow interrupts to be interrupted.
- Live CD - A live CD is a complete bootable computer installation including operating system which runs directly from a CD-ROM or similar storage device into a computer's memory, rather than loading from a hard disk drive.
- Glossary of operating systems terms
- Operating systems
- PenguinPPC.org www
Home of the Linux/PPC port, PenguinPPC.org, it houses both user information and developer docs. It also lists current news and software updates to stay ahead.
- NetBSD/Amiga NetBSD/amiga - Un*x for the amiga www
NetBSD/Amiga is a free, Un*x for the amiga, portable Unix like operating system for many machines, including the Amiga. NetBSD/amiga - Un*x for the amiga.
- MC1 MC1 Amiga www
MC1 Amiga are an on-line store trying to make it easier for Amiga users to get hardware. Amiga. MC1 stocks new SCSI, used Amiga parts and some software. MC1 have a full list of Australian Amiga User groups and Amiga dealers in the links page. MC1 Amiga.
- Dedicated Workbench Nostalgia www
Dedicated to the preservation and restoration of the Amiga Workbench's history. Workbench Nostalgia.
- Goal: MorphOS www
Goal: Provide modern functionality for a new OS layer and run most Amiga applications as efficiently as possible in a box environment with no Classic Amiga custom chips available. MorphOS.
- Mailing Yahoo Groups: AmigaOS4 www
Mailing list about Amiga OS4. Groups: AmigaOS4.X for the new AmigaOne compatible machines. Yahoo Groups: AmigaOS4.
- NetBSD NetBSD 1.3 for Amiga www
NetBSD port for Amigas with MMUs. NetBSD 1.3 for Amiga.
- OpenBSD OpenBSD/amiga www
- Goal: AROS: Amiga Research OS www
Goal: create an open source OS as compatible as possible to AmigaOS 3. Amiga Research OS.1, but which can be ported to various CPUs: x86, 68k; PowerPC, Alpha, SPARC, MIPS. AROS: Amiga Research OS.
- A Multi User System Security www
A low level security system for the Amiga, User System Security, consisting of a new filesystem and a library. It implements a security system similar to that of UNIX. Multi User System Security.
- Archive linux-mac68k mailing list archive www
Archive of the linux-mac68k mailing list including full text search facilities. linux-mac68k mailing list archive.
- The Q40: The New Sinclair QL Successor www
The official site of the Q40. The New Sinclair QL Successor. Currently sells the Linux port on CD. Q40: The New Sinclair QL Successor.
- This Mac-on-linux www
This allows anyone who uses Linux on a PowerPC to run the Mac OS as its own application, Mac-on-linux, at near full speed. Mac-on-linux.
- Articles, Pegasos and MorphOS Area www
Articles, and MorphOS Area, documents, and programs on Pegasos computers and MorphOS; includes enlarged version of 'MorphOS, The Lightning OS', an introduction. Fulvio Peruggi. Pegasos and MorphOS Area.
- Home Ambient Open Source Team www
Home for MorphOS native desktop; handles program icons, Open Source Team, directory navigation, program launching, file handling, and other system management. Ambient Open Source Team.
- Unbiased How Stuff Works: Operating Systems www
Unbiased enlightening tutorial with impartial description of how OSs work, Stuff Works: Operating Systems, and many related links. How Stuff Works: Operating Systems.
- The Convergence International www
The non-Wintel user group, International, supporting Acorn, Amiga, Apple, ARM, Be, NCs, PowerPC, Psion, Unix and other alternative operating systems. Services include a non-Wintel news summary. Convergence International.
- Publishers HiSoft Systems www
Publishers of IBrowse, Systems, and HiSoft C++. HiSoft Systems.
- Multiuser System Security for AmigaOS www
Multiuser is the continuation of the Multiuser Filesystem (muFS), Security for AmigaOS, and provides UNIX style security for AmigaOS preventing people from accessing private/secret/sensitive files or deleting files they shouldn't. System Security for AmigaOS.
- Alexa: Operating Systems Software
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Operating Systems Software
- DMOZ: Operating Systems Software
dmoz.org Directory: Operating Systems Software