Operating Systems Software Amiga Systems Computers.
An operating system ( OS ) is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources and provides common services for computer programs. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An operating system is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources and provides common services for computer programs.
- Antivirus software - Antivirus or anti-virus software, sometimes known as anti-malware software, is computer software used to prevent, detect and remove malicious software.
- Hypervisor - A hypervisor or virtual machine monitor is computer software, firmware or hardware that creates and runs virtual machines. A computer on which a hypervisor runs one or more virtual machines is called a host machine, and each virtual machine is called a guest machine.
- Interruptible operating system - An interruptible operating system is an operating system with ability to handle multiple interrupts concurrently, or in other words, which allow interrupts to be interrupted.
- Live CD - A live CD is a complete bootable computer installation including operating system which runs directly from a CD-ROM or similar storage device into a computer's memory, rather than loading from a hard disk drive.
- Glossary of operating systems terms
- Microcontroller - A microcontroller is a small computer on a single integrated circuit. In modern terminology, it is similar to, but less sophisticated than, a system on a chip or SoC; an SoC may include a microcontroller as one of its components.
- Operating systems
- The Linux/m68k Pages www
Lists resources to run Linux on 68k-based computers; has registry of users doing so, Linux/m68k Pages, over 2,100.
- NetBSD NetBSD 1.3 for Amiga www
NetBSD port for Amigas with MMUs. NetBSD 1.3 for Amiga.
- NetBSD/Amiga NetBSD/amiga - Un*x for the amiga www
NetBSD/Amiga is a free, Un*x for the amiga, portable Unix like operating system for many machines, including the Amiga. NetBSD/amiga - Un*x for the amiga.
- Goal: MorphOS www
Goal: Provide modern functionality for a new OS layer and run most Amiga applications as efficiently as possible in a box environment with no Classic Amiga custom chips available. MorphOS.
- MC1 MC1 Amiga www
MC1 Amiga are an on-line store trying to make it easier for Amiga users to get hardware. Amiga. MC1 stocks new SCSI, used Amiga parts and some software. MC1 have a full list of Australian Amiga User groups and Amiga dealers in the links page. MC1 Amiga.
- OpenBSD OpenBSD/amiga www
- Dedicated Workbench Nostalgia www
Dedicated to the preservation and restoration of the Amiga Workbench's history. Workbench Nostalgia.
- A Multi User System Security www
A low level security system for the Amiga, User System Security, consisting of a new filesystem and a library. It implements a security system similar to that of UNIX. Multi User System Security.
- Goal: AROS: Amiga Research OS www
Goal: create an open source OS as compatible as possible to AmigaOS 3. Amiga Research OS.1, but which can be ported to various CPUs: x86, 68k; PowerPC, Alpha, SPARC, MIPS. AROS: Amiga Research OS.
- Mailing Yahoo Groups: AmigaOS4 www
Mailing list about Amiga OS4. Groups: AmigaOS4.X for the new AmigaOne compatible machines. Yahoo Groups: AmigaOS4.
- The Q40: The New Sinclair QL Successor www
The official site of the Q40. The New Sinclair QL Successor. Currently sells the Linux port on CD. Q40: The New Sinclair QL Successor.
- Building Linux on Mac www
Building a kernel Linux on Mac.
- Mailing OpenPPC Discussion www
Mailing list discussion about OpenPPC project, Discussion, Linux for PowerPC and PowerPC based motherboard. OpenPPC Discussion.
- Information MorphOS www
Information on 3D graphics cards and programming APIs, MorphOS, free version of MorphOS for Commodore A1200, A3000, A4000 with PowerPC accelerator cards, MorphOS support registration, news. MorphOS Development Team. MorphOS.
- Weblog MorphOS-News www
Weblog format, MorphOS-News, weekly updates, archived, software links. MorphOS-News.
- Unbiased How Stuff Works: Operating Systems www
Unbiased enlightening tutorial with impartial description of how OSs work, Stuff Works: Operating Systems, and many related links. How Stuff Works: Operating Systems.
- Weblog OSNews: Exploring the Future of Computing www
Weblog style online magazine on operating systems and computing environments. Exploring the Future of Computing. Daily updates, reader forum with many comments. OSNews: Exploring the Future of Computing.
- Developer Stefan Ruppert www
Developer of several programs, Ruppert, handlers and datatypes. Stefan Ruppert.
- The SASG International www
The official website of the Standardized Amiga Shareware Group, International, an alliance of well-known shareware authors offering products like MUI, and MagicWB. SASG International.
- Alexa: Operating Systems Software
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Operating Systems Software
- DMOZ: Operating Systems Software
dmoz.org Directory: Operating Systems Software