This section is for Windows CE hardware devices such as Handheld PC, Palm PC and the Auto PC Windows CE Handhelds Systems Computers.
Windows Embedded Compact, formerly Windows Embedded CE and Windows CE, is an operating system subfamily developed by Microsoft as part of its Windows Embedded family of products. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Windows Embedded Compact, formerly Windows Embedded CE and Windows CE, is an operating system subfamily developed by Microsoft as part of its Windows Embedded family of products. Unlike Windows Embedded Standard, which is based on Windows NT, Windows Embedded Compact uses a different hybrid kernel. Microsoft licenses Windows CE to original equipment manufacturers, who can modify and create their own user interfaces and experiences, with Windows CE providing the technical foundation to do so.
- ActiveSync - ActiveSync is a mobile data synchronization app developed by Microsoft, originally released in 1996. It synchronizes data with handheld devices and desktop computers. In the Windows Task Manager, the associated process is called wcescomm.exe.
- Handheld PC - A handheld PC is a computer built around a form factor which is smaller than any standard laptop computer. It is sometimes referred to as a palmtop computer. The first hand-held device compatible with desktop IBM personal computers of the time was the Atari Portfolio of 1989.
- Handheld PC Explorer - Handheld PC Explorer, or as it is more commonly referred to, H/PC Explorer was the Windows PC host client for the inaugural generation of Microsoft Windows CE 1.0 based embedded PC companion devices, the Handheld PC.
- Microsoft Kin - Kin was a short-lived mobile phone line from Microsoft designed for users of social networking. Microsoft described the phones' target demographic as men and women between ages 15 and 30. It was manufactured by Sharp Corporation and sold through Verizon Wireless.
- Palm-size PC - The Palm-Size PC was Microsoft's first attempt at a computer conforming to an 'in your hand' profile. The platform was phased out in 2000.
- Pocket PC - A Pocket PC, also known by Microsoft as a 'Windows Mobile Classic device', is a kind of personal digital assistant that runs the Windows Mobile operating system. It has some of the abilities of modern desktop PCs.
- Windows CE
- ARM operating systems
- Categorized Craig Peacock's Windows CE Pages www
Categorized links to software, Peacock's Windows CE Pages, hardware, and articles, with brief annotations. Craig Peacock's Windows CE Pages.
- Technology TO-TECH www
Technology Website covering Windows CE, TO-TECH, Telephony, Computer Telephony, Internet Telephony, and LEGO Mindstorms. TO-TECH.
- The Socket Communications www
The entry page to Socket Communicatiuons' Web site. Communications. Find connectivity products for Windows CE and other mobile computing platforms Socket Communications.
- Offers Pocket PC FAQ www
Offers comparisons, FAQ, screen shots and pictures of Palm-size PCs, Handheld PCs and Handheld PC Pros. Also includes FAQs on Ethernet, RAS/Modem, IrDA, ISP Settings, Batteries, Data storage and peripherals. Pocket PC FAQ.
- A Windows CE Knowledge Center www
A directory of sites, Knowledge Center, organized in question format, related to Windows CE. Windows CE Knowledge Center.
- Microsoft's Software and Solutions for the Automotive Industry www
Microsoft's site about the CE based telematics software platform. Software and Solutions for the Automotive Industry.
- Offers BSQUARE Corporation www
Offers products and services including: the Windows CE Embedded ToolKit, Corporation, CE Xpress Adaptation Kits, CE Xpress Binary Kits, CE EmbeddedDesktop, adaptation engineering services, training, and technical support. BSQUARE Corporation.
- Device Intelligraphics, Inc. www
Device driver development including display, Inc., audio, communications, digital imaging, telecom, and embedded systems software. Intelligraphics, Inc..
- Manufacturer Flastar Technology CO.,LTD www
Manufacturer of the tablet PCs. Technology CO.,LTD. China. Flastar Technology CO.,LTD.
- Frequently Mobilon www
Frequently Asked Questions Mobilon.
- Hewlett Hewlett Packard: Jornada www
Hewlett Packard's site for the Jornada. Packard: Jornada. HP makes both handheld and palmtop models with this name. Hewlett Packard: Jornada.
- Tools NetAdminTools.com www
Tools and code for network administration. NetAdminTools.com. Includes bug listings and fixes, hardware, operating system information, and remote control help. NetAdminTools.com.
- Graphical Direct Cable Connect Instructions www
Graphical instructions for connecting two Windows based computer systems using a serial or parallel port. Direct Cable Connect Instructions.
- Online Pen Computing Magazine: Windows CEntral Online www
Online resource for Windows CE including product reviews and tips and tricks. Pen Computing Magazine: Windows CEntral Online.
- Includes BargainPDA.com www
Includes price guides, BargainPDA.com, discussion boards, and reviews. BargainPDA.com.
- PDA PDA Buzz www
PDA and Handheld PC News, Buzz, Reviews, Discussion, and Resources. PDA Buzz.
- Alexa: Windows CE Handhelds
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Windows CE Handhelds
- DMOZ: Windows CE Handhelds
dmoz.org Directory: Windows CE Handhelds