RISC OS Systems Computers.
RISC OS / r ɪ s k oʊ ˈ ɛ s / is a computer operating system originally designed by Acorn Computers Ltd in Cambridge, England. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: RISC OS is a computer operating system originally designed by Acorn Computers Ltd in Cambridge, England. First released in 1987, it was specifically designed to run on the ARM chipset, which Acorn had designed concurrently for use in its new line of Archimedes personal computers. RISC OS takes its name from the RISC architecture supported.
- Acorn C/C++ - Acorn C/C++ is a set of C/C++ programming tools for use under the RISC OS operating system. The tools use the Norcroft compiler suite and were authored by Codemist and Acorn Computers. The tools provide some facilities offered by a fully integrated development environment.
- ArtWorks - ArtWorks is an advanced vector drawing package for RISC OS created by Computer Concepts in 1991. It has been developed by MW Software since 1996. Xara has continued to develop a Windows version called Xara Photo & Graphic Designer.
- Drobe - Drobe was a computing news web site with a focus on the operating system. Its archived material is retained online, curated by editor Chris Williams.
- riscos.info - riscos.info is a web site for users of the operating system, run by Peter Naulls and John Tytgat. It is a community web site, intended to encourage user involvement. It hosts the RISC OS FAQ, which was formerly distributed via the comp.sys.acorn.
- ROX Desktop , a graphical desktop environment for the X Window System, inspired by the user interface of RISC OS.
- Sibelius (software) , originally a killer app for RISC OS, rewritten for Windows in 1998.
- Desktop environments
- Window-based operating systems
- Acorn operating systems
- ARM operating systems
- RISCOS Ltd www
RISC OS developers - the world's first 32-bit RISC operating system - used in Acorn, Ltd, Advantage Six, Microdigital and RiscStation computers. Site has content for developers, resellers and the public interested in using this ROM-based, low-overhead, operating system.
- Drobe Launch Pad www
The launch pad to the net for RISC OS users worldwide. Launch Pad. Portal including Acorn, ARM, technology and general news.
- Owner Castle Technology www
Owner of the RISC OS copyright, Technology, they also manufacture, distribute and develop of Acorn Computers, as well as the acclaimed new Iyonix PC. Castle Technology.
- Fund-raising Acorn Charity Site www
Fund-raising efforts. Acorn Charity Site.
- Hosts acornusers.org www
Hosts the Acorn News Service, acornusers.org, newsgroup archives, RC5/DES effort, Charity Site and an FTP server for freeware software distribution. acornusers.org.
- Yearly Select Scheme www
Yearly subscription to updated versions of RISC OS. Select Scheme.
- Automated My RISC OS www
Automated web portal. RISC OS. Add news and reviews, and chat. My RISC OS.
- Provides RISC OS webring www
Provides free banner advertising of related websites. RISC OS webring.
- Details Acorn User RC5/DES Group www
Acorn User RC5/DES Group.
- Design, Advantage6 www
Design, Advantage6, manufacture and retail RISC OS electronic devices in the embedded and educational sectors. Advantage6.
- Categorized Nutshells www
Categorized and cross-referenced database of shareware/freeware and software authors, Nutshells, with a broader database of companies and information. Nutshells.
- Official RISC OS 3 Knowledge Base www
Official site providing support for earlier versions of the operating system. RISC OS 3 Knowledge Base.
- A ANS Filebase www
A categorised database with version information. ANS Filebase.
- German ArcSite www
German portal. ArcSite. Offers news, articles, forum, links and web space. ArcSite.
- The VirtualAcorn www
The fully-functional RISC OS emulator for Windows-powered computers. VirtualAcorn.
- Guide ARM Assembler Programming www
Guide to programming in assembler, Assembler Programming, along with information about what one needs to get started, examples, and opinions. ARM Assembler Programming.
- A A Technical History of Acorn Computers www
A list of significant events and releases in the history of Acorn, Technical History of Acorn Computers, with details of each. A Technical History of Acorn Computers.
- Supporting The Plasma Sphere BBS www
Supporting speeds 300-33600 bps, Plasma Sphere BBS, two lines, online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Online support for Acorn, ArmBBS, FidoNet, Arc-Binkley, and ARCbbs in its 8500+ file filebase and message base. The Plasma Sphere BBS.
- The Arcade BBS www
The definitive Acorn based bulletin board, BBS, on the net. It's on-line in south-east England, practically all the time for access by modem dialup, serving as a virtual meeting point for hundreds of users and holding an impressive array of files numbering a few thousand. Arcade BBS.
- Software iSV Products www
Software developer. iSV Products.
- BBC Borcherds www
BBC and Spectrum Emulators and Dynamic Geometry for RISC OS Borcherds.
- Untechnical Acorn/RISC OS machines www
Untechnical history of Acorn machines, machines, and an up to date look at where RISC OS machines are today. Acorn/RISC OS machines.
- The Blastzone's RISC OS Tutorial www
The 3-button mouse, RISC OS Tutorial, desktop, task manager, filer and applications are covered as well as a glossary. Blastzone's RISC OS Tutorial.
- Gespecialiseerd Welkom op de website van Desk www
Gespecialiseerd in desktop oplossingen en beveilingssystemen. de website van Desk. Algemene en productinformatie. Welkom op de website van Desk.
- Landelijke Big Ben Club www
Landelijke Vereniging van Gebruikers van Acorn Computers en de RISC OS opvolgers hiervan. Ben Club. Algemene informatie, homepagina's van leden, evenementen en een selectie links. Big Ben Club.
- Acorn's Acorn: legacy FTP Site www
Acorn's old FTP site, legacy FTP Site, relaunched and updated by RISCOS Ltd. Acorn: legacy FTP Site.
- An University of Stuttgart Acorn Archives www
An index of the ftp. University of Stuttgart Acorn Archives.
- Alexa: RISC OS Systems
Alexa Directory Top Sites: RISC OS Systems
- DMOZ: RISC OS Systems
dmoz.org Directory: RISC OS Systems