RISC OS Systems Computers.
RISC OS / r ɪ s k oʊ ˈ ɛ s / is a computer operating system originally designed by Acorn Computers Ltd in Cambridge, England. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: RISC OS is a computer operating system originally designed by Acorn Computers Ltd in Cambridge, England. First released in 1987, it was specifically designed to run on the ARM chipset, which Acorn had designed concurrently for use in its new line of Archimedes personal computers. RISC OS takes its name from the RISC architecture supported.
- Acorn C/C++ - Acorn C/C++ is a set of C/C++ programming tools for use under the RISC OS operating system. The tools use the Norcroft compiler suite and were authored by Codemist and Acorn Computers. The tools provide some facilities offered by a fully integrated development environment.
- ArtWorks - ArtWorks is an advanced vector drawing package for RISC OS created by Computer Concepts in 1991. It has been developed by MW Software since 1996. Xara has continued to develop a Windows version called Xara Photo & Graphic Designer.
- Drobe - Drobe was a computing news web site with a focus on the operating system. Its archived material is retained online, curated by editor Chris Williams.
- riscos.info - riscos.info is a web site for users of the operating system, run by Peter Naulls and John Tytgat. It is a community web site, intended to encourage user involvement. It hosts the RISC OS FAQ, which was formerly distributed via the comp.sys.acorn.
- ROX Desktop , a graphical desktop environment for the X Window System, inspired by the user interface of RISC OS.
- Sibelius (software) , originally a killer app for RISC OS, rewritten for Windows in 1998.
- Desktop environments
- Window-based operating systems
- Acorn operating systems
- ARM operating systems
- RISCOS Ltd www
RISC OS developers - the world's first 32-bit RISC operating system - used in Acorn, Ltd, Advantage Six, Microdigital and RiscStation computers. Site has content for developers, resellers and the public interested in using this ROM-based, low-overhead, operating system.
- Drobe Launch Pad www
The launch pad to the net for RISC OS users worldwide. Launch Pad. Portal including Acorn, ARM, technology and general news.
- German ArcSite www
German portal. ArcSite. Offers news, articles, forum, links and web space. ArcSite.
- Design, Advantage6 www
Design, Advantage6, manufacture and retail RISC OS electronic devices in the embedded and educational sectors. Advantage6.
- Yearly Select Scheme www
Yearly subscription to updated versions of RISC OS. Select Scheme.
- The VirtualAcorn www
The fully-functional RISC OS emulator for Windows-powered computers. VirtualAcorn.
- Details Acorn User RC5/DES Group www
Acorn User RC5/DES Group.
- Hosts acornusers.org www
Hosts the Acorn News Service, acornusers.org, newsgroup archives, RC5/DES effort, Charity Site and an FTP server for freeware software distribution. acornusers.org.
- Provides RISC OS webring www
Provides free banner advertising of related websites. RISC OS webring.
- Official RISC OS 3 Knowledge Base www
Official site providing support for earlier versions of the operating system. RISC OS 3 Knowledge Base.
- Fund-raising Acorn Charity Site www
Fund-raising efforts. Acorn Charity Site.
- Categorized Nutshells www
Categorized and cross-referenced database of shareware/freeware and software authors, Nutshells, with a broader database of companies and information. Nutshells.
- Automated My RISC OS www
Automated web portal. RISC OS. Add news and reviews, and chat. My RISC OS.
- A ANS Filebase www
A categorised database with version information. ANS Filebase.
- Owner Castle Technology www
Owner of the RISC OS copyright, Technology, they also manufacture, distribute and develop of Acorn Computers, as well as the acclaimed new Iyonix PC. Castle Technology.
- Guide ARM Assembler Programming www
Guide to programming in assembler, Assembler Programming, along with information about what one needs to get started, examples, and opinions. ARM Assembler Programming.
- Pictures, Old-Computers.com : Acorn www
Pictures, Acorn, specifications and some background information on all models made by Old-Computers.com : Acorn.
- Bizarre CCl4 - Solvent Abuse www
Bizarre BBS which seems to have some weird connection to RISC OS. CCl4 - Solvent Abuse.
- Supporting The Plasma Sphere BBS www
Supporting speeds 300-33600 bps, Plasma Sphere BBS, two lines, online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Online support for Acorn, ArmBBS, FidoNet, Arc-Binkley, and ARCbbs in its 8500+ file filebase and message base. The Plasma Sphere BBS.
- Developers Micro Librarian Systems www
Developers of in library-automation software aimed at primary and secondary schools, Librarian Systems, for both the RISC OS and Windows platforms. Micro Librarian Systems.
- Software Kasoft Software www
Software developer for RISC OS and JVM. Kasoft Software.
- Untechnical Acorn/RISC OS machines www
Untechnical history of Acorn machines, machines, and an up to date look at where RISC OS machines are today. Acorn/RISC OS machines.
- General USENET FAQs www
General Acorn and RISC OS information, FAQs, games FAQ, networking FAQ, and Acorn FTP and mail server archives information. USENET FAQs.
- Landelijke Big Ben Club www
Landelijke Vereniging van Gebruikers van Acorn Computers en de RISC OS opvolgers hiervan. Ben Club. Algemene informatie, homepagina's van leden, evenementen en een selectie links. Big Ben Club.
- Gespecialiseerd Welkom op de website van Desk www
Gespecialiseerd in desktop oplossingen en beveilingssystemen. de website van Desk. Algemene en productinformatie. Welkom op de website van Desk.
- Archive Acorn Emulation Archive www
Archive of the Acorn Emulation Page, Emulation Archive, featuring emulators of many different computers for RISC OS. Acorn Emulation Archive.
- Acorn's Acorn: legacy FTP Site www
Acorn's old FTP site, legacy FTP Site, relaunched and updated by RISCOS Ltd. Acorn: legacy FTP Site.
- Alexa: RISC OS Systems
Alexa Directory Top Sites: RISC OS Systems
- DMOZ: RISC OS Systems
dmoz.org Directory: RISC OS Systems