Usenet, or Netnews, is a world-wide distributed discussion system. A FAQ is a list of Frequently Asked Questions. This section contains FAQs relating to Usenet. FAQs Usenet Computers.
"FAQ" is pronounced as either an initialism (F-A-Q) or an acronym. Since the acronym FAQ originated in textual media, its pronunciation varies; "F-A-Q", is commonly heard. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Frequently asked questions or Questions and Answers, are listed questions and answers, all supposed to be commonly asked in some context, and pertaining to a particular topic. The format is commonly used on email mailing lists and other online forums, where certain common questions tend to recur.
- FAQ Category
- Tip of the day - A tip of the day is a snippet of practical advice that may be offered on a daily basis to users and readers of a website, newspaper, magazine, software program or media broadcast.
- Technical communication
- Internet FAQ Consortium www
This searchable archive contains Usenet Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) postings in hypertext format and in FTP archive textual format. FAQ Consortium. Also includes information about FAQ authoring and FAQ maintenance.
- news.announce.newusers FAQ list www
Important information for all new Usenet users. FAQ list.
- Introduction newzguide www
Introduction to Usenet with tutorials for selected news readers and file formats. newzguide.
- A Utrecht CS News.Answers FAQ Access Methods www
A searchable directory of Usenet FAQs and other periodic, News.Answers FAQ Access Methods, informative articles, posted in the Usenet newsgroup news.answers. Utrecht CS News.Answers FAQ Access Methods.
- FAQs Arcane Archive FAQ Directory www
FAQs for groups in alt. Archive FAQ Directory.magick, alt.religion, and other related groups. Covers Occultism, Mysticism, Religion, and Magic. Arcane Archive FAQ Directory.
- Explains Advertising on Usenet: How to do it, How not to do it. www
Explains some Usenet conventions regarding advertising to new users. Advertising on Usenet: How to do it, How not to do it..
- How Godwin's Law FAQ www
How to post about Nazis and get away with it -- explains "Godwin's Law". Godwin's Law FAQ.
- A FAQ you www
A small collection of various FAQs. FAQ you.
- A The Ultimate Learn and Resource Center www
A directory of Usenet FAQs classified by theme rather than by newsgroup. The Ultimate Learn and Resource Center.
- Explains The Bincancel FAQ www
Explains in detail why posting huge binaries to non-binary newsgroups is inappropriate. The Bincancel FAQ.
- Newsgroup Moderated Newsgroups FAQ www
Newsgroup moderation methods and concepts described for new users, Newsgroups FAQ, prospective moderators, newsgroup moderation proponents and opponents. Moderated Newsgroups FAQ.
- Collection Usenet References www
Collection of FAQs and other introductory documents about Usenet. References. Somewhat dated but still of interest. Usenet References.
- A The Subtle Art of Trolling www
A guide to recreational trolling that defines a troll on Usenet and explains how to create entertaining trolls using many examples. The Subtle Art of Trolling.
- Faqs alt.www.webmaster www
Faqs on html language. alt.www.webmaster.
- Basic alt.satanism www
Basic information about Satanism and the Church of Satan, alt.satanism, including explanations of sins and symbolism and information about becoming a member. alt.satanism.
- History Usenet on Livinginternet.com www
History of Usenet as a whole and of specific hierarchies like alt. Livinginternet.com.*, bitnet and fidonet, old Usenet maps, the way the newsgroups work and how to use them, tips on advanced use, useful links. Usenet on Livinginternet.com.
- A Pi's Smiley List www
A list of smilies used on Usenet. Pi's Smiley List.
- Alexa: FAQs Usenet
Alexa Directory Top Sites: FAQs Usenet
- DMOZ: FAQs Usenet
dmoz.org Directory: FAQs Usenet