Usenet, or Netnews, is a world-wide distributed discussion system. A FAQ is a list of Frequently Asked Questions. This section contains FAQs relating to Usenet. FAQs Usenet Computers.
"FAQ" is pronounced as either an initialism (F-A-Q) or an acronym. Since the acronym FAQ originated in textual media, its pronunciation varies; "F-A-Q", is commonly heard. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Frequently asked questions or Questions and Answers, are listed questions and answers, all supposed to be commonly asked in some context, and pertaining to a particular topic. The format is commonly used on email mailing lists and other online forums, where certain common questions tend to recur.
- FAQ Category
- Tip of the day - A tip of the day is a snippet of practical advice that may be offered on a daily basis to users and readers of a website, newspaper, magazine, software program or media broadcast.
- Technical communication
- Internet FAQ Consortium www
This searchable archive contains Usenet Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) postings in hypertext format and in FTP archive textual format. FAQ Consortium. Also includes information about FAQ authoring and FAQ maintenance.
- news.announce.newusers FAQ list www
Important information for all new Usenet users. FAQ list.
- How Godwin's Law FAQ www
How to post about Nazis and get away with it -- explains "Godwin's Law". Godwin's Law FAQ.
- Collection Usenet References www
Collection of FAQs and other introductory documents about Usenet. References. Somewhat dated but still of interest. Usenet References.
- Explains Advertising on Usenet: How to do it, How not to do it. www
Explains some Usenet conventions regarding advertising to new users. Advertising on Usenet: How to do it, How not to do it..
- A Utrecht CS News.Answers FAQ Access Methods www
A searchable directory of Usenet FAQs and other periodic, News.Answers FAQ Access Methods, informative articles, posted in the Usenet newsgroup news.answers. Utrecht CS News.Answers FAQ Access Methods.
- Newsgroup Moderated Newsgroups FAQ www
Newsgroup moderation methods and concepts described for new users, Newsgroups FAQ, prospective moderators, newsgroup moderation proponents and opponents. Moderated Newsgroups FAQ.
- Explains The Bincancel FAQ www
Explains in detail why posting huge binaries to non-binary newsgroups is inappropriate. The Bincancel FAQ.
- A The Subtle Art of Trolling www
A guide to recreational trolling that defines a troll on Usenet and explains how to create entertaining trolls using many examples. The Subtle Art of Trolling.
- FAQs Arcane Archive FAQ Directory www
FAQs for groups in alt. Archive FAQ Directory.magick, alt.religion, and other related groups. Covers Occultism, Mysticism, Religion, and Magic. Arcane Archive FAQ Directory.
- A The Ultimate Learn and Resource Center www
A directory of Usenet FAQs classified by theme rather than by newsgroup. The Ultimate Learn and Resource Center.
- A FAQ you www
A small collection of various FAQs. FAQ you.
- Introduction newzguide www
Introduction to Usenet with tutorials for selected news readers and file formats. newzguide.
- Articles alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc www
Articles and FAQ for alt. alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc.binaries.warez.ibm-pc and other related newsgroups. Also contains tutorials on posting and downloading files and a collection of useful links. alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc.
- Frequently uk.music.folk www
Frequently asked question on folk, uk.music.folk, roots and acoustic music in and from the UK. Maintained by Steve Mansfield. uk.music.folk.
- Information NewsgroupReviews.com www
Information and reviews on newsgroup access providers and newsreaders along with basic tutorials. NewsgroupReviews.com.
- Brief Rules for Posting to Usenet www
Brief introduction to Usenet and appropriate guidelines to follow for posting. Rules for Posting to Usenet.
- Alexa: FAQs Usenet
Alexa Directory Top Sites: FAQs Usenet
- DMOZ: FAQs Usenet
dmoz.org Directory: FAQs Usenet