Pages concerning particular hierarchies (regional hierarchies such as ba.* or uk.*, the big hierarchies such as the Big 8 or alt.*, and special interest hierarchies such as net.* or free.*). Hierarchies Usenet Computers.
A hierarchy can link entities either directly or indirectly, and either vertically or diagonally. The only direct links in a hierarchy, insofar as they are hierarchical, are to one's immediate superior or to one of one's subordinates, although a system that is largely hierarchical can also incorporate alternative hierarchies. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A hierarchy is an arrangement of items in which the items are represented as being "above", "below", or "at the same level as" one another A hierarchy can link entities either directly or indirectly, and either vertically or diagonally. The only direct links in a hierarchy, insofar as they are hierarchical, are to one's immediate superior or to one of one's subordinates, although a system that is largely hierarchical can also incorporate alternative hierarchies. Indirect hierarchical links can extend "vertically" upwards or downwards via multiple links in the same direction, following a path. All parts of the hierarchy which are not linked vertically to one another nevertheless can be "horizontally" linked through a path by traveling up the hierarchy to find a common direct or indirect superior, and then down again. This is akin to two co-workers or colleagues; each reports to a common superior, but they have the same relative amount of authority.
- Hierarchy Category
- Political culture
- International europa.* www
International newsgroups hierarchy for topics covering the continent of Europe. europa.*.
- Presentation gnUSENET www
Presentation of the gnu. gnUSENET.* hierarchy, which is a collection of newsgroups about the Free Software Foundation's GNU Project. Most of these newsgroups correspond to GNU mailing lists. gnUSENET.
- Canonical Trigofacile.com: Hierarchies www
Canonical list of managed, Hierarchies, unmanaged, local and private hierarchies with information on how to carry them: newsgroups list, PGP key, contact, URL. Trigofacile.com: Hierarchies.
- Presentation alabama.* www
Presentation of the hierarchy dedicated to Alabama. alabama.*.
- Presentation finet.* www
Presentation of the free (as in alt. finet.*.
- Explains pl.* www
- South sbay.* www
South Bay (San Jose and nearby areas, sbay.*.
- Site it.* www
- Presentation cmeerw.org: openwatcom.* www
Presentation of the small hierarchy dedicated to the open source Open Watcom cross compilers. cmeerw.org: openwatcom.*.
- A Master List of Newsgroup Hierarchies www
A complete list of newsgroup hierarchies and their descriptions. Master List of Newsgroup Hierarchies.
- Homepage UK Usenet www
Homepage of the UK Usenet Committee. Usenet. Information about usenet newsgroups in the United Kingdom. UK Usenet.
- Presentation hamster.* www
Presentation of the hierarchy dedicated to hamster.*.
- Provides Usenet Hierarchy Administration FAQ www
Provides help to Usenet hierarchy administrators who try to maintain the canonical lists of newsgroups in managed hierarchies. Usenet Hierarchy Administration FAQ.
- Details Furrynet (fur.*) Newsgroups www
Details about Furrynet, (fur.*) Newsgroups, a private news hierarchy for furries. Furrynet (fur.*) Newsgroups.
- Provides aus.* Newsgroup Administration www
Provides the definitive list of all newsgroups in aus. Newsgroup Administration.* (Australia) including charters, voting instructions and information on creation of new aus.* newsgroups. aus.* Newsgroup Administration.
- Management Big-8 Usenet www
Management board of the big 8 hierarchies: controls creation, Usenet, naming, moderation policies and removal processes for newsgroups in those hierarchies. Includes a FAQ and details of recent announcements. Big-8 Usenet.
- Links News-admin.org www
Links to several top-level hierarchies, News-admin.org, any of which may register a subdomain of news-admin.org for their hierarchy. News-admin.org.
- Promotes BIOSCI - Bionet Newsgroups www
Promotes communication between professionals in the biological sciences. Bionet Newsgroups. Includes related resource links. From Stanford University. BIOSCI - Bionet Newsgroups.
- Provides ch.* www
Provides an overview over Swiss newsgroups and the ch.*.
- One japan.* www
One of the hierarchies for Japan (along with fj. japan.*.
- New nj.* www
New Jersey, nj.*.
- An Free Advice on Usenet News www
An editorial introduction to Usenet. Free Advice on Usenet News.
- Timo Links to Professor Timo Salmi's FAQ Material www
Timo Salmi has advice on how to participate effectively in Usenet. Professor Timo Salmi's FAQ Material. Topics include: Proper quoting, proper signatures, how to respond to "crackpots", where to put test postings and other important topics. Links to Professor Timo Salmi's FAQ Material.
- Alexa: Hierarchies Usenet
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Hierarchies Usenet
- DMOZ: Hierarchies Usenet
dmoz.org Directory: Hierarchies Usenet