Usenet over the years rather than Usenet now. History Usenet Computers.
History (from Greek ἱστορία, historia, meaning "inquiry, knowledge acquired by investigation") is the study of the past as it is described in written documents. (wikipedia)
- History The study of the past as it is described in written documents. Events occurring before...
- History of the world The history of humanity, as determined from archaeology, anthropology, genetics, linguistics, and...
- History of the Earth The history of Earth concerns the development of planet Earth from its formation to the present day.
- Philosophy of history The philosophical study of history and the past.
- Medical history The medical history or case history of a patient is information gained by a physician by asking...
- Changelog A log or record of all notable changes made to a project.
- History The Histories of Herodotus is now considered the founding work of history in Western literature.
- History (band) A South Korean boy group formed by LOEN Entertainment in 2013.
- History (U.S. TV network) An American digital cable and satellite television network that is owned by A&E Networks, a joint...
- Herstory Herstory is history written from a feminist perspective, emphasizing the role of women, or told...
- News Usenet creator Jim Ellis dies www
News item about the death, creator Jim Ellis dies, in 2001, of Jim Ellis, who helped create Usenet. Usenet creator Jim Ellis dies.
- Shows Olduse.net www
Shows Usenet, Olduse.net, updated in real time as it was thirty years ago. Olduse.net.
- Links Netizens: On the History and Impact of Usenet and the Internet www
Links to Michael and Ronda Hauben's on-line book. the History and Impact of Usenet and the Internet. Presents the history and impact of various aspects of the Net, such as the Internet, ARPANET, and Usenet. Attempts to help readers understand the origins of the Net, so they might help preserve its value throughout future developments and changes. Netizens: On the History and Impact of Usenet and the Internet.
- Hosts Gopher.quux.org : Usenet A News www
Hosts articles from 1981 and 1982, Usenet A News, which means long before the Great Renaming, for historical purposes. Gopher.quux.org : Usenet A News.
- What Great Renaming from Wikipedia www
What the Great Renaming was, Renaming from Wikipedia, who did it, and what hierarchies were removed and created. Great Renaming from Wikipedia.
- Article The Geeks Who Saved Usenet www
Article on the restoration of the early Usenet articles to the archives at Google Groups. Geeks Who Saved Usenet. [Salon.Com] The Geeks Who Saved Usenet.
- A USENET Software: History and Sources www
A Usenet post by Gene Spafford, Software: History and Sources, archived 9 February 1998 by the Institute of Information and Computing Sciences. A useful historical summary, particularly in terms of the software used for usenet. USENET Software: History and Sources.
- Documents The Big Eight Newsgroup Creation Process www
Documents the ancient process to create, Big Eight Newsgroup Creation Process, rename, remove, or change the moderation status of newsgroups in the Big Eight hierarchies. Currently, the management is done by the Big-8.org team. Written by Russ Allbery The Big Eight Newsgroup Creation Process.
- Brad I Remember Usenet www
Brad Templeton recalls the early days of the Internet and the rise of Usenet. I Remember Usenet.
- An Meow www
An eyewitness account and timeline of the start of "meowing" on usenet. Meow. Newsgroup invasions, large numbers of posts, net kooks. Meow.
- Notice Google Groups: 20 Year Usenet Timeline www
Notice that Google has completed integrating 20 years of Usenet posts into its archive. Groups: 20 Year Usenet Timeline. Includes links to notable posts including the first ever post to Usenet and the original announcement of GNU/Linux. Google Groups: 20 Year Usenet Timeline.
- The 1971 Prediction of the Web/Telesphere www
1971 Prediction of the Web/Telesphere.
- Ben A Short History of Internet Protocols at CERN www
Ben Segal traces the history of the Internet at CERN. A Short History of Internet Protocols at CERN.
- A The Usenet Newbie Project www
A global presentation of Usenet: how to access it, Usenet Newbie Project, how to read posts, explanation of technical terms and acronyms. The Usenet Newbie Project.
- An Internet Software Consortium www
An FTP site with archives of various Usenet related documents. Software Consortium. Includes active files, control messages, list of Usenet hierarchies. Internet Software Consortium.
- Alexa: History Usenet
Alexa Directory Top Sites: History Usenet
- DMOZ: History Usenet
dmoz.org Directory: History Usenet