Usenet over the years rather than Usenet now. History Usenet Computers.
History (from Greek ἱστορία, historia, meaning "inquiry, knowledge acquired by investigation") is the study of the past as it is described in written documents. (wikipedia)
- History The study of the past as it is described in written documents. Events occurring before...
- History of the world The history of humanity, as determined from archaeology, anthropology, genetics, linguistics, and...
- History of the Earth The history of Earth concerns the development of planet Earth from its formation to the present day.
- Philosophy of history The philosophical study of history and the past.
- Medical history The medical history or case history of a patient is information gained by a physician by asking...
- Changelog A log or record of all notable changes made to a project.
- History The Histories of Herodotus is now considered the founding work of history in Western literature.
- History (band) A South Korean boy group formed by LOEN Entertainment in 2013.
- History (U.S. TV network) A history-based digital cable and satellite television network that is owned by A&E Networks, a...
- Herstory Herstory is story written from a feminist perspective, emphasizing the role of women, or told...
- What Great Renaming from Wikipedia www
What the Great Renaming was, Renaming from Wikipedia, who did it, and what hierarchies were removed and created. Great Renaming from Wikipedia.
- An Meow www
An eyewitness account and timeline of the start of "meowing" on usenet. Meow. Newsgroup invasions, large numbers of posts, net kooks. Meow.
- Links Netizens: On the History and Impact of Usenet and the Internet www
Links to Michael and Ronda Hauben's on-line book. the History and Impact of Usenet and the Internet. Presents the history and impact of various aspects of the Net, such as the Internet, ARPANET, and Usenet. Attempts to help readers understand the origins of the Net, so they might help preserve its value throughout future developments and changes. Netizens: On the History and Impact of Usenet and the Internet.
- Documents The Big Eight Newsgroup Creation Process www
Documents the ancient process to create, Big Eight Newsgroup Creation Process, rename, remove, or change the moderation status of newsgroups in the Big Eight hierarchies. Currently, the management is done by the Big-8.org team. Written by Russ Allbery The Big Eight Newsgroup Creation Process.
- Hosts Gopher.quux.org : Usenet A News www
Hosts articles from 1981 and 1982, Usenet A News, which means long before the Great Renaming, for historical purposes. Gopher.quux.org : Usenet A News.
- Brad I Remember Usenet www
Brad Templeton recalls the early days of the Internet and the rise of Usenet. I Remember Usenet.
- Article The Geeks Who Saved Usenet www
Article on the restoration of the early Usenet articles to the archives at Google Groups. Geeks Who Saved Usenet. [Salon.Com] The Geeks Who Saved Usenet.
- Shows Olduse.net www
Shows Usenet, Olduse.net, updated in real time as it was thirty years ago. Olduse.net.
- Notice Google Groups: 20 Year Usenet Timeline www
Notice that Google has completed integrating 20 years of Usenet posts into its archive. Groups: 20 Year Usenet Timeline. Includes links to notable posts including the first ever post to Usenet and the original announcement of GNU/Linux. Google Groups: 20 Year Usenet Timeline.
- News Usenet creator Jim Ellis dies www
News item about the death, creator Jim Ellis dies, in 2001, of Jim Ellis, who helped create Usenet. Usenet creator Jim Ellis dies.
- A USENET Software: History and Sources www
A Usenet post by Gene Spafford, Software: History and Sources, archived 9 February 1998 by the Institute of Information and Computing Sciences. A useful historical summary, particularly in terms of the software used for usenet. USENET Software: History and Sources.
- Charles The Morris Internet Worm www
Charles Schmidt and Tom Darby explain the what, Morris Internet Worm, why, and how of the 1988 Internet worm. The Morris Internet Worm.
- Essay Paul Graham - What the Bubble Got Right www
Essay derived from an invited talk at ICFP 2004. Graham - What the Bubble Got Right. Discusses the dot-com bubble and lasting lessons learned from it. Paul Graham - What the Bubble Got Right.
- Dedicated Freedom Knights of Usenet www
Dedicated to free speech, Knights of Usenet, and its implementation on Usenet, an alternative point of view. Information about Usenet sites of Virtue and surviving UDPs. Freedom Knights of Usenet.
- A How to Usenet www
A brief introduction to Usenet, Usenet, particularly focusing on selecting a server and choosing a newsreader. Also features a collection of useful links. How to Usenet.
- Alexa: History Usenet
Alexa Directory Top Sites: History Usenet
- DMOZ: History Usenet
dmoz.org Directory: History Usenet