Virtual Reality (VR) and emersive virtual environments. Virtual Reality Computers.
Some advanced haptic systems in the 2010s now include tactile information, generally known as force feedback in medical, video gaming and military training applications. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Virtual reality is a computer-generated scenario that simulates a realistic experience. The immersive environment can be similar to the real world in order to create a lifelike experience grounded in reality or sci-fi. Augmented reality systems may also be considered a form of VR that layers virtual information over a live camera feed into a headset, or through a smartphone or tablet device.
- Virtual reality Category
- 16K resolution - The term 16K resolution refers to a display resolution that has 15360 horizontal pixels by 8640 vertical pixels, for a total of 132.7 megapixels. It has 2 times as many pixels as 8K resolution, 16 times as many pixels as 4K resolution and 64 times as many pixels as 1080p resolution.
- AlloSphere - The AlloSphere is a research facility in a theatre-like pavilion in a spherical shape, of opaque material, used to project computer-generated imagery and sounds. Included are GIS, scientific, artistic, and other information.
- Computer-mediated reality - Computer-mediated reality refers to the ability to add to, subtract information from, or otherwise manipulate one's perception of reality through the use of a wearable computer or hand-held device such as a smartphone.
- Diorama - The word diorama can either refer to a 19th-century mobile theatre device, or, in modern usage, a three-dimensional full-size or miniature model, sometimes enclosed in a glass showcase for a museum.
- Extended reality - Extended reality is a term referring to all real-and-virtual combined environments and human-machine interactions generated by computer technology and wearables. It includes representative forms such as augmented reality, augmented virtuality and virtual reality.
- Holographic universe - The holographic principle is a principle of string theories and a supposed property of quantum gravity that states that the description of a volume of space can be thought of as encoded on a lower-dimensional boundary to the region?preferably a light-like boundary like a gravitational horizon.
- Reality by type
- New media
- Educational technology
- How Ugotrade: virtual realties in world 2.0 www
How virtual realities and 2. virtual realties in world 2.0.0 thinking, are making a better world. Ugotrade: virtual realties in world 2.0.
- Illustrated How Stuff Works: How Augmented Reality Will Work www
Illustrated narrative explains how this new technology will further blur the line between what's real and what's computer-generated by enhancing what we see, Stuff Works: How Augmented Reality Will Work, hear, feel and smell. How Stuff Works: How Augmented Reality Will Work.
- This Lisboa Virtual www
This is a simple interface for a VRML model of the entire city of Lisbon as it was in 1999. Lisboa Virtual.
- Monthly e3D News www
Monthly and weekly articles about virtual reality, News, games, and the business applications of 3D on the Web. e3D News.
- Douglas Electric Poetic Space: Full Sensory Immersion www
Douglas Englebart's notion of the development of a synthetic superstructure to extend our biological being for intelligence augmentation. Electric Poetic Space: Full Sensory Immersion.
- Working Virtual Worldlets Network www
Working to advance all areas of the sphere, Worldlets Network, from MUD immersion and fantasy development, to CAVE research and scientific visualisation. Virtual Worldlets Network.
- Provides Virtual Reality Resources www
Provides information on all aspects of virtual reality, Reality Resources, 3D computer graphics and real-time simulation technologies. Virtual Reality Resources.
- Aims Virtual Terrain Project www
Aims to foster the creation of tools for easily constructing any part of the real world in interactive 3D. Virtual Terrain Project.
- Includes Sci.virtual-worlds www
Includes frequently asked questions and related publications. Sci.virtual-worlds.
- Computer Scientific American: Augmented Reality: A New Way of Seeing www
Computer scientists are developing systems that can enhance and enrich a user's view of the world By Steven K. American: Augmented Reality: A New Way of Seeing. Feiner Scientific American: Augmented Reality: A New Way of Seeing.
- Includes Jerry Isdae's VR Page www
Includes the home of widely cited "What Is VR?" paper and its update as "Introduction to VE Technology" as well as his VRNews Technology Review articles. Jerry Isdae's VR Page.
- An Journal of Virtual Reality and Broadcasting www
An open access online journal covering topics related to the fields of Virtual Reality, Virtual Reality and Broadcasting, Interface Techniques, Computer Graphics and Interactive Broadcasting. Journal of Virtual Reality and Broadcasting.
- Developers VRTainment www
Developers of artificial worlds. VRTainment. Reseller for the 3D Display Systems of Elumens Corporation. Models, flash and web development. VRTainment.
- Exploring Exitreality www
Exploring new possibilities for Virtual Reality on the Internet. Exitreality. Demonstrates projects in the working, as well as products and new ideas. Exitreality.
- The IADIS - E-society 2004 www
The IADIS e-Society 2004 conference aims to address the main issues of concern within the Information Society. IADIS - E-society 2004.
- This International Conference on Virtual Storytelling www
This international conference will gather researchers from the scientific, Conference on Virtual Storytelling, artistic and industrial communities to discuss and explore ideas for the use of Virtual Reality technologies for creating, populating, rendering and interacting with stories. International Conference on Virtual Storytelling.
- Gespecialiseerd Virtual Vision www
Gespecialiseerd in de Quicktime Virtual Reality techniek en de productie van PhotoVista en Java-VRML panorama's op internet. Virtual Vision.
- Hosting Alterlinks www
Hosting voor Active Worlds en andere 3D universe servers. Alterlinks. Gratis texturen, modellen en achtergronden. Alterlinks.
- Computer ACM SIGGRAPH www
Computer Graphics organization, SIGGRAPH, bringing together scientists, engineers, artists and entrepreneurs, dedicated to the advancement of the Computer Graphics industry. Includes annual conferences, publications, local chapters, resources and job listings. ACM SIGGRAPH.
- A Wikipedia: Computer Graphics www
A comprehensive overview of Computer Graphics. Computer Graphics. Provides history, basic principals, and a breakdown of computer graphics categories. Includes descriptions of raster, vector and volumetric rendering. Wikipedia: Computer Graphics.
- PHANTOM SensAble Technologies www
PHANTOM haptics devices and GHOST API allow users to touch and manipulate 3D data. Technologies. Also the FreeForm is an important 3D modelling tool which is haptically enabled, using a PHANTOM® Omni™ device (a high end haptic device). SensAble Technologies.
- PURS PHANTOM Users' Research Symposium www
PURS is a meeting for haptics researchers held in Europe. PHANTOM Users' Research Symposium.
- Distributor Virtual Realities www
Distributor for low-end VR hardware, Realities, including gloves, joysticks, and head-mounted displays. Virtual Realities.
- Specializes Pro Systems www
Specializes in sales and rental of virtual reality and simulation hardware. Pro Systems.
- Alexa: Virtual Reality Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Virtual Reality Computers
- DMOZ: Virtual Reality Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Virtual Reality Computers