Virtual Reality (VR) and emersive virtual environments. Virtual Reality Computers.
Some advanced haptic systems in the 2010s now include tactile information, generally known as force feedback in medical, video gaming and military training applications. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Virtual reality is an interactive computer-generated experience taking place within a simulated environment, that incorporates auditory, visual, haptic, and other types of sensory feedback. This immersive environment can be similar to the real world or it can be fantastical, creating an experience that is not possible in ordinary physical reality. Augmented reality systems may also be considered a form of VR that layers virtual information over a live camera feed into a headset or through a smartphone or tablet device giving the user the ability to view three-dimensional images.
- Virtual reality Category
- 16K resolution - The term 16K resolution refers to a display resolution that has 15360 horizontal pixels by 8640 vertical pixels, for a total of 132.7 megapixels.
- AlloSphere - The AlloSphere is a research facility in a theatre-like pavilion in a spherical shape, of opaque material, used to project computer-generated imagery and sounds. Included are GIS, scientific, artistic, and other information.
- Computer-mediated reality - Computer-mediated reality refers to the ability to add to, subtract information from, or otherwise manipulate one's perception of reality through the use of a wearable computer or hand-held device such as a smartphone.
- Diorama - The word diorama can either refer to a 19th-century mobile theatre device, or, in modern usage, a three-dimensional full-size or miniature model, sometimes enclosed in a glass showcase for a museum.
- Extended reality - Extended reality is a term referring to all real-and-virtual combined environments and human-machine interactions generated by computer technology and wearables. It includes representative forms such as augmented reality, augmented virtuality and virtual reality.
- Holographic universe - The holographic principle is a principle of string theories and a supposed property of quantum gravity that states that the description of a volume of space can be thought of as encoded on a lower-dimensional boundary to the region?preferably a light-like boundary like a gravitational horizon.
- Reality by type
- New media
- Educational technology
- Computer Scientific American: Augmented Reality: A New Way of Seeing www
Computer scientists are developing systems that can enhance and enrich a user's view of the world By Steven K. American: Augmented Reality: A New Way of Seeing. Feiner Scientific American: Augmented Reality: A New Way of Seeing.
- An Journal of Virtual Reality and Broadcasting www
An open access online journal covering topics related to the fields of Virtual Reality, Virtual Reality and Broadcasting, Interface Techniques, Computer Graphics and Interactive Broadcasting. Journal of Virtual Reality and Broadcasting.
- Provides Virtual Reality Resources www
Provides information on all aspects of virtual reality, Reality Resources, 3D computer graphics and real-time simulation technologies. Virtual Reality Resources.
- This Lisboa Virtual www
This is a simple interface for a VRML model of the entire city of Lisbon as it was in 1999. Lisboa Virtual.
- Illustrated How Stuff Works: How Augmented Reality Will Work www
Illustrated narrative explains how this new technology will further blur the line between what's real and what's computer-generated by enhancing what we see, Stuff Works: How Augmented Reality Will Work, hear, feel and smell. How Stuff Works: How Augmented Reality Will Work.
- Working Virtual Worldlets Network www
Working to advance all areas of the sphere, Worldlets Network, from MUD immersion and fantasy development, to CAVE research and scientific visualisation. Virtual Worldlets Network.
- Monthly e3D News www
Monthly and weekly articles about virtual reality, News, games, and the business applications of 3D on the Web. e3D News.
- Includes Jerry Isdae's VR Page www
Includes the home of widely cited "What Is VR?" paper and its update as "Introduction to VE Technology" as well as his VRNews Technology Review articles. Jerry Isdae's VR Page.
- Douglas Electric Poetic Space: Full Sensory Immersion www
Douglas Englebart's notion of the development of a synthetic superstructure to extend our biological being for intelligence augmentation. Electric Poetic Space: Full Sensory Immersion.
- How Ugotrade: virtual realties in world 2.0 www
How virtual realities and 2. virtual realties in world 2.0.0 thinking, are making a better world. Ugotrade: virtual realties in world 2.0.
- Includes Sci.virtual-worlds www
Includes frequently asked questions and related publications. Sci.virtual-worlds.
- Aims Virtual Terrain Project www
Aims to foster the creation of tools for easily constructing any part of the real world in interactive 3D. Virtual Terrain Project.
- Provides Glasson Murray Group Pty Ltd www
Provides quality virtual reality, Murray Group Pty Ltd, interactive environments, 3D visualisation, graphic design, illustration, multimedia and website services. Glasson Murray Group Pty Ltd.
- ECS Engineering & Computer Simulations, Inc. www
ECS specializes in 3D graphical content development for real-time virtual reality simulations. Engineering & Computer Simulations, Inc..
- The IADIS - E-society 2004 www
The IADIS e-Society 2004 conference aims to address the main issues of concern within the Information Society. IADIS - E-society 2004.
- Yearly SIGGRAPH www
Yearly US conference and exhibition on computer graphics. SIGGRAPH.
- Gespecialiseerd Virtual Vision www
Gespecialiseerd in de Quicktime Virtual Reality techniek en de productie van PhotoVista en Java-VRML panorama's op internet. Virtual Vision.
- Ontwikkeling Gee!Design www
Ontwikkeling van Virtual Reality applicaties. Gee!Design. Gevestigd in Briltil. Gee!Design.
- A Wikipedia: Computer Graphics www
A comprehensive overview of Computer Graphics. Computer Graphics. Provides history, basic principals, and a breakdown of computer graphics categories. Includes descriptions of raster, vector and volumetric rendering. Wikipedia: Computer Graphics.
- Computer ACM SIGGRAPH www
Computer Graphics organization, SIGGRAPH, bringing together scientists, engineers, artists and entrepreneurs, dedicated to the advancement of the Computer Graphics industry. Includes annual conferences, publications, local chapters, resources and job listings. ACM SIGGRAPH.
- Millersville Millersville University Hershey Medical Center Research www
Millersville are doing research into using haptics in the medicine. Millersville University Hershey Medical Center Research.
- Provider SenseGraphics www
Provider of display systems integrating haptics and graphics. SenseGraphics. Also provides development tools for applications with haptics(H3D API). SenseGraphics.
- Provides Visbox www
Provides an affordable, Visbox, high-end, projection-based VR system called the VisBox. Also available for custom hardware and software development. Visbox.
- Distributing VRLOGIC www
Distributing professional VR hardware and software, VRLOGIC, solutions and services. VRLOGIC.
- Alexa: Virtual Reality Computers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Virtual Reality Computers
- DMOZ: Virtual Reality Computers
dmoz.org Directory: Virtual Reality Computers